2025 Draft

D1 Mens Fantasy Lacrosse
PATalk

Re: 2025 Draft

Post by PATalk »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:03 pm We should consider replacing Towson (CAA) and UMass (A10) with a Patriot, Big East, B1G, or Ivy Team. Not because Towson and UMass aren't good teams. They're good. The issue is their schedules. Both their schedules are far from perfect. The teams below may not be as good as Towson and/or UMass (though many are), but their schedules are more consistent with the rest of the NCAA Teams That Count within our league.

Michigan (B1G), Lehigh, BU, Colgate (Patriot), Dartmouth (Ivy), Providence (Big East) are prime candidates.
Michigan should be added for sure. Second add should be a Patriot league team.

Fading out UMass and Towson by making their roster and D undraftable gets scheduling resolved eventually, without going the forced drop route used before with compensation draft picks.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I know it’s easier to manage and makes secure mgt easier but only having 3 and change conferences makes this far less representative of college lacrosse. Maybe just to drive home the fantasy point.

Hey if everyone was bored and had bandwidth wonder what a non included team pool all star game would look like. North south game effectively which once was cool.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:09 am In a typical NCAA game, 3 attackmen and 3 middies account for the lion's share of the teams goals. Occasionally a long stick, occasionally a 4th or 5th attackman and/or other middies. But the lion's share is 3 attackmen and 3 middies. Let's call it 80% of the goals. Conversely, 100% of the goals against happen as a direct result of a team's D. By definition. That being the case, yes. there's a slightly higher emphasis on team D than on team O but only slightly higher. What if, going forward, we started 4 As and 4 Ms (instead of 3 and 3) in order to try and better balance out the O vs. D?
Yes I’m just trying to address the emphasis in some way, especially on a position you pick new every year.. your players you keep for 3-4 often and they can have their season crushes every year by D…Maybe additional players would work, maybe lowering D score or maybe switch out teams to ensure they play similar attacks. All different angles, I just thought reducing the D influence by half points would be easiest and potentially best fix. It still make D really important but you don’t have moment that stake your whole season on it.

All interesting ideas, happy for any to be given a go, maybe a vote would be best.. failing that, just pick your fave idea Matt.

If it’s teams defo feels like Michigan and Lehigh are correct after they just made the NCAA tourney
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Uklax wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:31 am My other idea was do we make defense worth half a point per goal, meaning the max they can score is 5 and the lowest for 20 conceded would be minus 5, that way if your defense has a bad week, yes you get a bad score but the rest of you team can still bail you out with goals, like in real lacrosse. Currently defense has such a heavy bearing on score they can affect the whole team, whereas half point would still be positive or negative but maybe less extreme.

Would be an easy fix, keep defense relevant and maybe stop you having to swap out those teams.. who score well but so does O’Neill or kavanaugh or Brandau

Maybe put it to a vote, feel like more people would be in favour of this small change than more teams swaps?
Yale’s defense ruined my year……Yale’s offense covered for its defense…..I learned my lesson.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:46 am
Uklax wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:31 am My other idea was do we make defense worth half a point per goal, meaning the max they can score is 5 and the lowest for 20 conceded would be minus 5, that way if your defense has a bad week, yes you get a bad score but the rest of you team can still bail you out with goals, like in real lacrosse. Currently defense has such a heavy bearing on score they can affect the whole team, whereas half point would still be positive or negative but maybe less extreme.

Would be an easy fix, keep defense relevant and maybe stop you having to swap out those teams.. who score well but so does O’Neill or kavanaugh or Brandau

Maybe put it to a vote, feel like more people would be in favour of this small change than more teams swaps?
Yale’s defense ruined my year……Yale’s offense covered for its defense…..I learned my lesson.
Told ya. Shouldve learned from our mistake.

Conversely maybe this is the path to title glory. Have to endure a garbage D that puts up less of a fight than a kardashian in a NBA locker room.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:18 pm

Conversely maybe this is the path to title glory. Have to endure a garbage D that puts up less of a fight than a kardashian in a NBA locker room.
I thought the defense would be better. It wasn’t.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:32 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:18 pm

I thought the defense would be better. It wasn’t.
Reversion to the mean play. I understand but the risk is catching a falling knife sometimes.

Funny thing is I thought after his FR year Fake was overrated but he really did make a difference in NDs title and Yales d has been atrocious for a while now
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

This option gets my vote! And, Roll Bos!!
PATalk

Post by PATalk »

callaxdad wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:20 pm

This option gets my vote! And, Roll Bos!!
Solid idea that introduces half point scoring for team totals
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

After watching yesterdays NCAA games, I'm reminded that a team's D, specifically, a team's goalie (and team's F/O guy) makes a huge difference. Much like our Team Ds. Seems unfair that one position is so important but the fact remains, it's important.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15

Return to “D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”