Hobart 2025

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Hobart 2025

Post by Farfromgeneva »

FMUBart wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:02 am Per his bio, Patterson has a brother(soccer player at Hobart) and an uncle who played football for the Statesmen; plus, he will have the reins of the offense for the next 3 years. Not saying he wouldn't leave, but I doubt it. Losing a player is unfortunate--especially given Hobart doesn't use the portal--but it's the nature of the college game these days.
Yes I’ve mentioned this before.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Laxbro19 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:18 pm Respectfully what offense? This might have been the worst offense we out out there in years. Do we think our offense will be better next year? We lost our top scorer. 3 fifth years plus Bach. And no bench player have we seen even contribute a little. We might have gold there but we might have crap. Pretty easy to put your best pole on Patterson and shut him down. Guys like archer would not have stayed except for having lots of help. Madonna left and if you for say for his brother you are crazy. If you say for academics then you make my point.
Academics would’ve been parity at worst for Bart when I left (d1 era)…
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:26 pm
oldbartman wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:37 am FYI, the team that hits the field in '25 will have 6 scholarships to work with, 9 for the '26 season and the full 12.6 for the '27 season. I don't think we will start to see the effect of the scholarship $$ really take effect until '26. Figuring out how to divide the $$ up among recruits and current team members is a constant juggling act that may change year to year if a players family financial situation changes. So while I am happy the playing field is getting a bit more level, it won't happen overnight or solve all the issues.

Pegasus6, the things you mentioned , the Folk Festival, Rights of Spring, and Mug night at the Oaks brought a smile to my face. Sigma Phi's Halloween parties and some great concerts are some others. Times do change. I just hope Hobart lacrosse changes for the better.
This is very good news.

Now that athletic scholarships are getting squared up, how is the NIL situation?

Dom Starsia has commented that just about every Division I recruit is asking about NIL, and Coach Nick Saban has suggested NIL was one factor in his decision to retire.

Being a Division I HC has never been more challenging.

Good luck to Hobart next season!

DocBarrister
My friends/clients student lending business started a NIl investment portal. Not a solicitation but interesting (not fire to their business or overall enterprise now either but interesting in a greenfield area to see)

https://www.nilly.us/
See Martin, Malcolm
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:37 pm
FMUBart wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:02 am Per his bio, Patterson has a brother(soccer player at Hobart) and an uncle who played football for the Statesmen; plus, he will have the reins of the offense for the next 3 years. Not saying he wouldn't leave, but I doubt it. Losing a player is unfortunate--especially given Hobart doesn't use the portal--but it's the nature of the college game these days.
His name was just mentioned yesterday..I haven't read all 22,000+ of your posts :D
Hebrewhammer

Post by Hebrewhammer »

FMUBart wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:37 pm
His name was just mentioned yesterday..I haven't read all 22,000+ of your posts :D
I agree that we should go nuts in the portal. Pick out some talent that may have been “fringe types” and not fit in elsewhere. The only caveat I would have is that defensively I think we have the personnel but should consider a different form of zone to generate better shots for our goalies. I’m thinking a vertical 2-2-2 with a spinner center (similar to what Limestone ran circa 2010), but I am open to other suggestions. I also believe firmly in the 10 man ride, but what’s important is big physical attackmen that truly buy into the ride in front of it all. For me, the one player that comes to mind is Max Snellenberg. He has the height and build to be physical with clearing defenders, and as I’ve mentioned before if he puts on 15-20 pounds he will have an even stronger impact on his individual matchups.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Hebrewhammer wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:07 pm
I agree that we should go nuts in the portal. Pick out some talent that may have been “fringe types” and not fit in elsewhere. The only caveat I would have is that defensively I think we have the personnel but should consider a different form of zone to generate better shots for our goalies. I’m thinking a vertical 2-2-2 with a spinner center (similar to what Limestone ran circa 2010), but I am open to other suggestions. I also believe firmly in the 10 man ride, but what’s important is big physical attackmen that truly buy into the ride in front of it all. For me, the one player that comes to mind is Max Snellenberg. He has the height and build to be physical with clearing defenders, and as I’ve mentioned before if he puts on 15-20 pounds he will have an even stronger impact on his individual matchups.
Sorry HH. we all know that man is Delano.
wormburner

Post by wormburner »

oldbartman wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:10 pm
Hebrewhammer wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:07 pm
Sorry HH. we all know that man is Delano.
I see your point bartman, however I don’t think he was disrespecting Delano. This may be the pot calling the kettle black but I too see the benefits to what Snellenberger could do with another 20-25 lbs of weight under his belt. Haven’t had a force like that in there since Bailey Tranmer. Anyway, all of us are on the same page. Hip hip!

Best,

WB
Laxbro19

Post by Laxbro19 »

Snellenburg has nice size at 6’1’’ and 210ish - no doubt. But you need some speed to ride effectively and adding 15-20 pounds will definitely slow him down. What I recall, he isn’t the fastest or shiftiest player to begin with so extra weight might not help. Our best rider is Rosa for 2025. If we would 10 man ride, you need fast and aggressive Attackmen who have good lateral movement speed.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Oh no one else mentioned Patterson potentially leaving previously? Never in this thread. Thought that more or less ended the Patterson portal speculation previously and densely the idea that 5-7 kids bounce is like second standard deviation level unlikely. If that happens there’s a coup and the entire staff has to go asap. But given we’ve got Gearan for numerous more years who knows what anyone there will do. Probably going to throw Jodi Dean a bonus this year…
See Martin, Malcolm
thehashslingingslash

Post by thehashslingingslash »

Jodi Dean 😂 I love it farfrom
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

One guy who hasn't been mentioned much for next year is Begina. He started pretty hot last year before getting injured. He's not big, but he's quick and aggressive. Di Tomasso is a pretty big guy. I've heard he has a great shot.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Laxgunea wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:14 pm One guy who hasn't been mentioned much for next year is Begina. He started pretty hot last year before getting injured. He's not big, but he's quick and aggressive. Di Tomasso is a pretty big guy. I've heard he has a great shot.

There is talent that has been left on the bench. Begina had 2 serious knee injuries before arriving at Hobart, and I think he re-injured it last year. he was injured again this year from what I understand. Has anyone heard if any of the seniors who are eligible will return? I'd love to be a fly on the wall and listen to the end of year meetings Coach has with each player. Afraid some will be very short.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

thehashslingingslash wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:12 pm Jodi Dean 😂 I love it farfrom
She’s still wearing leather pants and hanging out in David cross’s basement sharing chicken pot pie. And getting a paycheck but not removed form teaching. I’m sure her value is optimized in research…
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Laxgunea wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:14 pm One guy who hasn't been mentioned much for next year is Begina. He started pretty hot last year before getting injured. He's not big, but he's quick and aggressive. Di Tomasso is a pretty big guy. I've heard he has a great shot.
There’s a Rutgers poster who coached him in high school and has shared a little with me (there’s some gems in that crowd if you cut through 1-2 of them) Supposedly his talent level is upper D1 starter and potentially all conference but he’s had I think even more than the referenced injuries. Just a tough luck case I think. Not too different, other than type of injury one vs back, than Gavin Lewellyn.
See Martin, Malcolm
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:38 pm
thehashslingingslash wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:12 pm Jodi Dean 😂 I love it farfrom
She’s still wearing leather pants and hanging out in David cross’s basement sharing chicken pot pie. And getting a paycheck but not removed form teaching. I’m sure her value is optimized in research…
The paper says she is removed from teaching ... temporarily. If there is no such thing as bad publicity, she's been a help to the school lately. Seems she publishes constantly. And says wckadoodle things. Viva la revolution, one professor at a time!
Hebrewhammer

Post by Hebrewhammer »

Laxgunea wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:28 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:38 pm
The paper says she is removed from teaching ... temporarily. If there is no such thing as bad publicity, she's been a help to the school lately. Seems she publishes constantly. And says wckadoodle things. Viva la revolution, one professor at a time!
If Jodi Dean is still on staff this fall I hope my dick flies off! stupid stupid woman
Laxbro19

Post by Laxbro19 »

I think ward was the potential senior to return. But I hear he is looking for job and moving on.

Here’s what I have heard…

Campbell leaving is the word. James Greene not returning. Belle-walker leaving. If there are others they are doing a good job of keeping it quiet so far. So hoping it won’t be as bad as we fear.
Statesmanbart

Post by Statesmanbart »

Finally excited to get going on the forum and cheer on the Statemsan!

I think right now it’s hard for us to know who may/may not be coming back. Season just ended, a lot of the guys are in finals. There’s a lot going on right now for anyone to make such a decision. I suspect we will know more Early June.

But anyway, I think we have a lot to forward too. A lot of young guys got some valuable minutes, we return key geys from injury and other teams graduate a lot of key players.

Hip Hobart!
Laxbro19

Post by Laxbro19 »

Statesmanbart wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:36 pm Finally excited to get going on the forum and cheer on the Statemsan!

I think right now it’s hard for us to know who may/may not be coming back. Season just ended, a lot of the guys are in finals. There’s a lot going on right now for anyone to make such a decision. I suspect we will know more Early June.

But anyway, I think we have a lot to forward too. A lot of young guys got some valuable minutes, we return key geys from injury and other teams graduate a lot of key players.

Hip Hobart!
Sounds like a coach has joined - welcome to the forum!
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Statesmanbart wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:36 pm Finally excited to get going on the forum and cheer on the Statemsan!

Hip Hobart!
We'll know sooner...portal opens Tuesday. Given our 4 wins this year, not sure how many other D1 teams will be scouring the Hobart transfer portal!

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”