The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: 2024

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:56 am
CU88a wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:15 am Former House speaker Paul D. Ryan said in an interview Tuesday that he will not vote for former president Donald Trump in November, adding that he plans to write in another Republican candidate instead.
He may not be Sununu, Barr and the other idiot-toadies to Orange Duce, but his gesture is largely empty. "I know democracy is on the line, and Trump is an odious proto-dictator, but I can't vote for the only candidate who can actually defeat him." Paul is a small time lightweight, trying to have things both ways, even when the chips are down.
Isn't Barr one of those former trump toadies who has repeatedly thrown his former boss under the bus? He only served in the trump administration for a very short period of time. I guess even throwing trump under the bus doesn't assuage the hatred you and your fellow liberals have for him. To make you feel better I'm sure that when Garland gets his walking papers the Republicans will be equally as kind to him as you have been to Barr. ;)
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

It gets pretty exhausting to keep hearing how unfair life has been for poor Donald.

But what is particularly alarming is the notion that if one is a candidate for office or had previously held the office of President (and named Trump) they should be immune from prosecution of crimes and super-immune if any of the state or federal prosecutors, judges, or jury are members of a different political party.

Note, there's no way the toadies on here making such claims about Trump will claim Biden is immune from prosecution post Presidency. Nor any political opponent for that matter.

Here comes Gilead, guys.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:12 pm
CU88a wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:15 am Former House speaker Paul D. Ryan said in an interview Tuesday that he will not vote for former president Donald Trump in November, adding that he plans to write in another Republican candidate instead.
He may not be Sununu, Barr and the other idiot-toadies to Orange Duce, but his gesture is largely empty. "I know democracy is on the line, and Trump is an odious proto-dictator, but I can't vote for the only candidate who can actually defeat him." Paul is a small time lightweight, trying to have things both ways, even when the chips are down.
Isn't Barr one of those former trump toadies who has repeatedly thrown his former boss under the bus? He only served in the trump administration for a very short period of time. I guess even throwing trump under the bus doesn't assuage the hatred you and your fellow liberals have for him. To make you feel better I'm sure that when Garland gets his walking papers the Republicans will be equally as kind to him as you have been to Barr. ;)
Try to keep up:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -november/
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:42 pm It gets pretty exhausting to keep hearing how unfair life has been for poor Donald.

But what is particularly alarming is the notion that if one is a candidate for office or had previously held the office of President (and named Trump) they should be immune from prosecution of crimes and super-immune if any of the state or federal prosecutors, judges, or jury are members of a different political party.

Note, there's no way the toadies on here making such claims about Trump will claim Biden is immune from prosecution post Presidency. Nor any political opponent for that matter.

Here comes Gilead, guys.
If life has been unfair to trump he has nobody to blame but himself. Watching him grovelling and expecting sympathy for all of his self inflicted wounds makes him look even more pathetic than he is. I'm reminded of those comics I read when I was a kid. Richie Rich, the poor little rich kid. The guy is so disconnected he can't stay awake in court. :roll:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:52 pm
Try to keep up:

Hard for me to imagine Barr voting for trump. I'm guessing you can support the Republican party and still not vote for trump. Maybe Mike Pence can get him to come around. :D Who knows, in the privacy of the voting booth maybe Barr will vote for Biden?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:00 pm
Try to keep up:

Hard for me to imagine Barr voting for trump. I'm guessing you can support the Republican party and still not vote for trump. Maybe Mike Pence can get him to come around. :D Who knows, in the privacy of the voting booth maybe Barr will vote for Biden?
No way. Barr is a special kind of as*hole.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:17 pm
Try to keep up:

I kinda feel the same way about Garland. I can take comfort in knowing that Garland never made it to the SCOTUS. Denying him an up or down vote was wrong. At the end of day Mitch new enough about the little rat faced weasel to understand he didn't belong on the SCOTUS. Garland also shares that temperament that makes him a more mild mannered Fred Rogers type of special kind of a**hole. They abide by what Teddy Roosevelt said was speak softly and carry a big stick. In Garlands case his stick was Buford Pusserish. That Fred Rogers persona has served him very well. No doubt Garland is also a special type of a** hole. Can you say a**hole? :D
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:36 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:17 pm
Try to keep up:

I kinda feel the same way about Garland. I can take comfort in knowing that Garland never made it to the SCOTUS. Denying him an up or down vote was wrong. At the end of day Mitch new enough about the little rat faced weasel to understand he didn't belong on the SCOTUS. Garland also shares that temperament that makes him a more mild mannered Fred Rogers type of special kind of a**hole. They abide by what Teddy Roosevelt said was speak softly and carry a big stick. In Garlands case his stick was Buford Pusserish. That Fred Rogers persona has served him very well. No doubt Garland is also a special type of a** hole. Can you say a**hole? :D
He may have his faults. But if you are equating Barr and Merrick Garland, you have wandered into Buffoonville.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Doctors found a dead worm in RFK's brain? He gave a deposition where he said the worm at part of his brain and he may have cognitive issues?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rfk-jr-par ... poisoning/

I think the worm may have died of starvation...
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:44 pm Doctors found a dead worm in RFK's brain? He gave a deposition where he said the worm at part of his brain and he may have cognitive issues?

Malnourished
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Clinton had to be deposed. Starr was ordered to investigate by Clinton's AG. Starr exercised prosecutorial discretion & elected not to prosecute.
Just like Comer did (on behalf of the AG) for Hillary & Mueller recommended for Trump.
All those prosecutions were declined for offenses that would have been too difficult to win.
Just like the current cases against Trump. It's obvious that they are being prosecuted just to subvert his election.
They would not be prosecuted were Trump not running for President again.
If Trump wins, should he select an AG who will prosecute Biden for his stash of highly classified material ?
The Dems lawfare strategy may end up working against their interests.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:54 pm like the current cases against Trump. It's obvious that they are being prosecuted just to subvert his election.
They would not be prosecuted were Trump not running for President again.
A guilty verdict ruins your theory. Then the "reason" he was prosecuted is that Trump broke laws.

The "reason" Clinton was investigated by Starr for four years was to subvert his power. Remember the leaks? And the evidence we have that this was the goal of Starr? He wasted four years chasing things that aren't prosecutable....so, what was the point? The point, obviously, was to sling mud and diminish Clinton's term. And leaking stuff that "looks bad" to the press all the while.

The leak were investigated later: https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/23/politics ... index.html

This is the exact thing you are telling me that you don't want, OS....political investigations that aren't aimed at justice, but aimed at sliming opponents. Make this a conversation, and cop to it, willya.

Or don't. But don't tell me I'm pestering you. I'm having a conversation that's reacting to your assertion that what is happening to Trump is unprecedented. It's not. They did this to Bill. Only difference is, they've gotten convictions on Trump, with more potential convictions possible.

old salt wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:54 pm If Trump wins, should he select an AG who will prosecute Biden for his stash of highly classified material ?
He already did that, remember?

Barr and Giuliani chased down any links between Hunter and Joe in Ukraine. They didn't come up with anything.

And to remind you of the values you are telling us you have: this political investigation Barr and Giuliani did offends you.

As for me? I have ZERO issue with an AG going after Joe Biden for breaking laws. YOU are the one who doesn't want that, not me.

We've both had our say...let's bail
old salt

Post by old salt »

They have no convictions on Trump, only charges & prosecutions.

The NY AG's case is a civil suit that is awaiting appeal of a elected Dem Judge's finding & fine (no criminal charges, no jury)
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ign-money/

"As Donald Trump sat with some of the country’s top oil executives at his Mar-a-Lago Club last month, one executive complained about how they continued to face burdensome environmental regulations despite spending $400 million to lobby the Biden administration in the last year.

Sign up for the Climate Coach newsletter and get advice for life on our changing planet, in your inbox every Tuesday.
Trump’s response stunned several of the executives in the room overlooking the ocean: You all are wealthy enough, he said, that you should raise $1 billion to return me to the White House. At the dinner, he vowed to immediately reverse dozens of President Biden’s environmental rules and policies and stop new ones from being enacted, according to people with knowledge of the meeting, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe a private conversation.

Giving $1 billion would be a “deal,” Trump said, because of the taxation and regulation they would avoid thanks to him, according to the people.

Trump’s remarkably blunt and transactional pitch reveals how the former president is targeting the oil industry to finance his reelection bid. At the same time, he has turned to the industry to help shape his environmental agenda for a second term, including the rollbacks of some of Biden’s signature achievements on clean energy and electric vehicles.

The contrast between the two candidates on climate policy could not be more stark. Biden has called global warming an “existential threat,” and over the last three years, his administration has finalized 100 new environmental regulations aimed at cutting air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions, restricting toxic chemicals, and conserving public lands and waters. In comparison, Trump has called climate change a “hoax,” and his administration weakened or wiped out more than 125 environmental rules and policies over four years.

In recent months, the Biden administration has raced to overturn Trump’s environmental actions and issue new ones before the November election. So far, Biden officials have overturned 27 Trump actions affecting the fossil fuel industry and completed 23 new actions affecting the sector, according to a Washington Post analysis. The Interior Department, for instance, recently blocked future oil drilling across 13 million acres of the Alaskan Arctic.

Despite the oil industry’s complaints about Biden’s policies, the United States is now producing more oil than any country ever has, pumping nearly 13 million barrels per day on average last year. ExxonMobil and Chevron, the largest U.S. energy companies, reported their biggest annual profits in a decade last year.

Yet oil giants will see an even greater windfall — helped by new offshore drilling, speedier permits and other relaxed regulations — in a second Trump administration, the former president told the executives over the dinner of chopped steak at Mar-a-Lago.

Trump vowed at the dinner to immediately end the Biden administration’s freeze on permits for new liquefied natural gas (LNG) exports — a top priority for the executives, according to three people present. “You’ll get it on the first day,” Trump said, according to the recollection of an attendee.

The roughly two dozen executives invited included Mike Sabel, the CEO and founder of Venture Global, and Jack Fusco, the CEO of Cheniere Energy, whose proposed projects would directly benefit from lifting the pause on new LNG exports. Other attendees came from companies including Chevron, Continental Resources, Exxon and Occidental Petroleum, according to an attendance list obtained by The Post."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

So Biden tells another whopper in Wisconsin. One of his Catholic HS teachers was drafted by the Green Bay Packers. He chose to be a priest instead. No record of this teacher ever having been drafted into the NFL. Of course in Joes defective brain that is what he believes is true. I guess his stuttering problem has effected his memory. At the end of the day it was just a little white lie. ;)
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:15 am So Biden tells another whopper in Wisconsin. One of his Catholic HS teachers was drafted by the Green Bay Packers. He chose to be a priest instead. No record of this teacher ever having been drafted into the NFL. Of course in Joes defective brain that is what he believes is true. I guess his stuttering problem has effected his memory. At the end of the day it was just a little white lie. ;)
That's it; you've convinced me. The demented, incurious, cheating husband/porn star banger, hush money payoff, proto-fascist rapist without any idea how to run a government gets my vote! Liberals are bad! Biden is a bullshitter! Government is bad! The FBI works for Obama!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:48 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:44 pm Doctors found a dead worm in RFK's brain? He gave a deposition where he said the worm at part of his brain and he may have cognitive issues?

Malnourished
:lol: :lol: :lol: -- some people will still vote for him. They likely suffer a larger worm infestation...
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:43 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:15 am So Biden tells another whopper in Wisconsin. One of his Catholic HS teachers was drafted by the Green Bay Packers. He chose to be a priest instead. No record of this teacher ever having been drafted into the NFL. Of course in Joes defective brain that is what he believes is true. I guess his stuttering problem has effected his memory. At the end of the day it was just a little white lie. ;)
That's it; you've convinced me. The demented, incurious, cheating husband/porn star banger, hush money payoff, proto-fascist rapist without any idea how to run a government gets my vote! Liberals are bad! Biden is a bullshitter! Government is bad! The FBI works for Obama!
... it is the Trumpist way. Trump's lawyer today, crossing Stormy tried to argue Stomy picked her nose with her left hand as opposed to her right.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
old salt

Post by old salt »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:47 am https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ign-money/

Despite the oil industry’s complaints about Biden’s policies, the United States is now producing more oil than any country ever has, pumping nearly 13 million barrels per day on average last year. ExxonMobil and Chevron, the largest U.S. energy companies, reported their biggest annual profits in a decade last year.

Yet oil giants will see an even greater windfall — helped by new offshore drilling, speedier permits and other relaxed regulations — in a second Trump administration, the former president told the executives over the dinner of chopped steak at Mar-a-Lago.
Good. That should bring down oil prices -- easing inflation, reducing shipping costs, helping the economy & allowing replenishment of our strategic petroleum reserve. Let's start exporting oil, refined petroleum products & more LNG.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

old salt wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:49 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:47 am https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ign-money/

Good. That should bring down oil prices -- easing inflation, reducing shipping costs, helping the economy & allowing replenishment of our strategic petroleum reserve. Let's start exporting oil, refined petroleum products & more LNG.
They could start right now with a reduction in their exorbitant profits.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/02/busi ... ofits.html

Cue the "but they're not as high as 2022" comments as if that's a consolation, but stop the GOP BS that prices are Biden's fault for limiting production.

Return to “POLITICS”