ODAC 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
valaxfan

Re: ODAC 2024

Post by valaxfan »

luxlaxbro wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:37 pm If anyone is at the ODAC Championship game: post update please. Feed has been down for most off the second half. ODAC do better ...live streaming should not be this much of an issue in 2024 for championship games.
https://lynchburgsports.com/sidearmstat ... ay-by-play
13-8 Hornets, 1:01 left, here is the game link.

valaxfan
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

valaxfan wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:50 pm
luxlaxbro wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:37 pm If anyone is at the ODAC Championship game: post update please. Feed has been down for most off the second half. ODAC do better ...live streaming should not be this much of an issue in 2024 for championship games.
https://lynchburgsports.com/sidearmstat ... ay-by-play
13-8 Hornets, 1:01 left, here is the game link.

valaxfan
Lynchburg wins 13-8.

valaxfan
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

Congrats to your Hornets, NBTL. Hope to see you in the playoffs.

valaxfan
Chinstrap

Post by Chinstrap »

Good to see RMC make a run. This league is on the upswing. The out of conference schedules will get better for HSC and RMC. Roanoke was right there this year and will schedule better teams next year. Having 5 contenders is good for everyone. Good luck to W&L and Roanoke tomorrow as the NCAA field is announced.
luxlaxbro

Post by luxlaxbro »

Just for some fun discussion until tomorrow night when the NCAA seedings will be settled: LC in as AQ obviously. If the ODAC get an at large bid Why should / shouldn't RMC get that at large bid: they beat W/L and made it to the ODAC finals and played a very good game. I get their OOC may not be great but shouldn't to victors go the spoils?
Chinstrap

Post by Chinstrap »

luxlaxbro wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:49 pm Just for some fun discussion until tomorrow night when the NCAA seedings will be settled: LC in as AQ obviously. If the ODAC get an at large bid Why should / shouldn't RMC get that at large bid: they beat W/L and made it to the ODAC finals and played a very good game. I get their OOC may not be great but shouldn't to victors go the spoils?
For starters and only looking at the ODAC:

W&L beat RMC regular season so call that a push. W&L beat Lynch regular season so call that +1 over RMC.
Faxlax

Post by Faxlax »

How many quality Regional Wins does RMC have compared to W&L? That is likely dispositive.
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

Faxlax wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:59 pm How many quality Regional Wins does RMC have compared to W&L? That is likely dispositive.

Gennies I believe are 3-0 quality wins for Region IV top ranked teams (RMC not listed at the top). RMC is 2-4 (counting ODAC tourney) Gennies are 2-3 in other region top ranked teams (not counting Gettysburg, RMC does not have any). I may not be looking at this correctly so please correct me if I am wrong.

valaxfan

Update: The link from the front page has Generals at 6-3 vs division ranked opponents, Randolph Macon is 1-4. Counting the ODAC tourney, Generals are 6-4, RMC is 3-5.
Last edited by valaxfan on Sun May 05, 2024 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

valaxfan wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:28 pm Congrats to your Hornets, NBTL. Hope to see you in the playoffs.

valaxfan
Thank you Valaxfan!
Thought W&L would cruise at 8-3 and had similar thoughts when LYN was up 5-1, until that 2nd Q. Hats off to RMC. JP indeed has built a great program. Hope they continue to rise which will float all boats in ODAC..(thank you Thirdstring for the color on RMC and events leading to their rise).

LYN overcame:
- Mitchel early injury.
- Lost starting Pole Harlacher for the season early.
- 1 goal loss to Hamilton and heartbreaker to CNU and then psyche crushing 1 goal loss to W&L (again)..
- Lost starting SSDM’s Zacharias and Sealy..
Didn’t get that rematch with W&L we all were hoping to see but LYN’s victory bell is still ringing!
- 3rd AQ in 4 years
- 351st win for coach K..
- 12th consecutive post season appearance.
Quite a season… Iron sharpens iron!
I believe W&L will get a bid and may well travel back to Denison or Kenyon? I expect your Generals will play with a chip and make a deep run! Also hope NOKE gets I also again..
The future of ODAC looks bright!
Best of luck!!
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:12 am
valaxfan wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:28 pm Congrats to your Hornets, NBTL. Hope to see you in the playoffs.

valaxfan
Thank you Valaxfan!
Thought W&L would cruise at 8-3 and had similar thoughts when LYN was up 5-1, until that 2nd Q. Hats off to RMC. JP indeed has built a great program. Hope they continue to rise which will float all boats in ODAC..(thank you Thirdstring for the color on RMC and events leading to their rise).

LYN overcame:
- Mitchel early injury.
- Lost starting Pole Harlacher for the season early.
- 1 goal loss to Hamilton and heartbreaker to CNU and then psyche crushing 1 goal loss to W&L (again)..
- Lost starting SSDM’s Zacharias and Sealy..
Didn’t get that rematch with W&L we all were hoping to see but LYN’s victory bell is still ringing!
- 3rd AQ in 4 years
- 351st win for coach K..
- 12th consecutive post season appearance.
Quite a season… Iron sharpens iron!
I believe W&L will get a bid and may well travel back to Denison or Kenyon? I expect your Generals will play with a chip and make a deep run! Also hope NOKE gets I also again..
The future of ODAC looks bright!
Best of luck!!
What is interesting is this weekend, the class of 1974 had their 50th reunion in Lexington. The great Teddy Bauer, #21, gave the team a speech. Many other former great laxers were in town, Skeet Chadwick, Bill Reinhoff, etc. It would have been a great setting if we played your Hornets, but RMC did what they needed to do, as did your Hornets, who pulled away in the second half and looked like the team we all knew they were. Hope we get a bid and see you at some point. BTW - Coach K. and Coach M. are having a joint showcase day for both schools this coming June, should be a great time.

valaxfan
Nothinbutthelax

No let downs and we meet again, on Shelly 🧨
Congrats to NOKE also. Stevens should be a great game.
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:25 pm No let downs and we meet again, on Shelly 🧨
Hope we do. Congrats to Noke.

valaxfan
BigMoose9

Post by BigMoose9 »

Wow a potential Sweet 16 game on Shelly against these two rivals would be electric!! Especially considering they didn’t get to play in ODAC championship.
Nothinbutthelax

valaxfan wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:27 pm
Nothinbutthelax wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:25 pm No let downs and we meet again, on Shelly 🧨

valaxfan
Travel has always been a conundrum for 1st, 2nd rounds but this Pod is unusual. What a game it will be provided they both advance.. There were 1,800 spectators around Shellenburger for NOKE game. As stated, could be electric!

What a set up for the shared recruiting event you mentioned Valaxfan.. Will that be at W&L?

NOTE to LYN, Don’t let the kids handle video for this one.. Announcers are good but the feed needs major improvement. Need to built a bird nest for a better field angle too..

NOKE not getting much love from the northerners..They have had a soft schedule but been in all games they lost and are a dangerous team.. Happy for Kammerman who should be 💯..Hate for NCAA always this time of year. Seems they had to balance things. Would love to see a clip of the teams reaction in Salem when they were announced. Rooting for them to quiet the critics and handle Stevens.
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:52 am
valaxfan wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:27 pm

valaxfan
Travel has always been a conundrum for 1st, 2nd rounds but this Pod is unusual. What a game it will be provided they both advance.. There were 1,800 spectators around Shellenburger for NOKE game. As stated, could be electric!

What a set up for the shared recruiting event you mentioned Valaxfan.. Will that be at W&L?

NOTE to LYN, Don’t let the kids handle video for this one.. Announcers are good but the feed needs major improvement. Need to built a bird nest for a better field angle too..

NOKE not getting much love from the northerners..They have had a soft schedule but been in all games they lost and are a dangerous team.. Happy for Kammerman who should be 💯..Hate for NCAA always this time of year. Seems they had to balance things. Would love to see a clip of the teams reaction in Salem when they were announced. Rooting for them to quiet the critics and handle Stevens.
Yes, first one in Lex, here is the link: https://southernstateselitelacrosse.com/

valaxfan
camskidamski

Post by camskidamski »

My last look at the first team after the ODAC tournament:

RMC boys moving up after an impressive week!! Congrats to Noke, W&L, Lynchburg for making the big dance…good for the conference!

1st team

A- Brown / W&L / Sr.
A- L. Kammerman / Roanoke / Sr.
A- O'Brien / HSC / Sr.
A- Smith / RMC / Sr.

M- J. Kammerman / Roanoke / So.
M- Tankersley / RMC / Jr.
M- Rust / Lynchburg / Sr.
M- Wolfe / Lynchburg / 5th

D- Allen / RMC / So.
D- Harry / HSC / Sr.
D- Marindin / Lynchburg / 5th
D- Zingo / Lynchburg / Sr.

FO- Spano / W&L / Fr.
LSM- Kilfeather / HSC / Jr.
SS- Cohen / W&L / So.

G- Hadley / Lynchburg / 5th
ODACtionEmpire

Post by ODACtionEmpire »

Wow, May Madness!!

Congrats to the Bugs on their 10th ODAC championship. First one on Shellenberger since 2015 I believe. That also happens to be the last year an ODAC team made it to the Linc...

Hats off to the Yellow Jackets as well. That was a fiery tournament run that showed that Sheridan is heading the right way in Ashland. Even though the Tigers were on the receiving end of that fury, I have to give it to them. I suspect this will fuel them over the next 12 months.

Now, from bottom to top, let's take a gander at the tournament draws for our ODAC teams. Very surprised Roanoke got in, but I suppose Pilat still has some black magic in his pocket... Stevens is a very good squad, and they are a battle tested team. Yes they are in a weak conference, but they can lean on their experience against Dickinson, Tufts, and BEATING the NESCAC CHAMPS Wesleyan. I expect Noke to be up for this matchup, but will #41 be healthy and can he be a driver against a stingy defense. They are only allowing opponents to shoot at approx 21% - that is really scary. Noke just put up an 11% shooting performance against LYN... Noke defensively needs to refind their mojo, and they'll be in big trouble if they don't save @ least 55%+ against the Ducks (17+ gpg)

W&L thrives on Shellenberger. They've won plenty on that field, and I'd be damned if either Lake Forest or Transylvania even sniff the next round against the Gennies. They'll be out for blood after pissing away their chance at a home-field ODAC Championship - this will be a good show of resilience, and on the other side of their first game is a potential matchup with the Bugs. Can't overlook any opponent, as this will be a test of focus for Gene's Gennies. Hope they have stayed healthy over this past weekend and are ready to rock and roll.

LYN will face the winner of Centre and Pfeiffer. Personally don't know much about either of the two other than the two teams were a combined 12-40 against Roanoke and Pfeiffer lost to the Tigers 15-7. Could be a toss up as to who will get to play on Shellenberger, but I don't see either one being more than a bump in the road for the Bugs to get to the Sweet 16 on home turf. Same issue as the Gennies; they don't need to overlook either one to get a true ODAC Championship matchup on Sunday, so this will be a test of focus for the geriatric 5th year Bugs.

MAY ODACTION CONTINUES!!!
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

Love him or hate him, one thing about Pilat is that he is good at creating a schedule that can get Noke into the big dance. in 2022 they were the last team in as well. This year they have Randolph Macon to thank and also Ferrum. If Ferrum does not cancel their season then Noke would not have had an open date at the end of the season where they played RMC. When RMC beat W&L they became regionally ranked which gave Noke one more regionally ranked win. While Pilat doesn't shy away from playing ranked teams he does filter in the teams he think Noke can beat and that will also be regionally ranked (like Centre and Grove City) which is a big key to get invited to the NCAA's
LaxRAT410

Post by LaxRAT410 »

Ill say it once, Ill say it again... Lburg to the Linc. Those Pansies in maroon with the lucky escape. Give-em Hell Stevens 🐝🐝🎯
2laxers

Post by 2laxers »

camskidamski wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:01 am My last look at the first team after the ODAC tournament:

RMC boys moving up after an impressive week!! Congrats to Noke, W&L, Lynchburg for making the big dance…good for the conference!

1st team

A- Brown / W&L / Sr.
A- L. Kammerman / Roanoke / Sr.
A- O'Brien / HSC / Sr.
A- Smith / RMC / Sr.

M- J. Kammerman / Roanoke / So.
M- Tankersley / RMC / Jr.
M- Rust / Lynchburg / Sr.
M- Wolfe / Lynchburg / 5th

D- Allen / RMC / So.
D- Harry / HSC / Sr.
D- Marindin / Lynchburg / 5th
D- Zingo / Lynchburg / Sr.

FO- Spano / W&L / Fr.
LSM- Kilfeather / HSC / Jr.
SS- Cohen / W&L / So.

G- Hadley / Lynchburg / 5th
You were pretty close, 1st team below. Link for the rest https://odaconline.com/news/2024/5/7/05 ... wards.aspx

POY - Hadley
COY - Sheridan
ROY - Spano

Ray O’Brien * Sr. A Hampden-Sydney College
Jack Smith * Sr. A Randolph-Macon College
Luke Kammerman * Sr. A Roanoke College
Alex Brown + Sr. A Washington and Lee University

Jake Rust * Sr. M Lynchburg, University of
Dylan Wolfe Gr. M Lynchburg, University of
Julian Kammerman * So. M Roanoke College
Jack Elliott ^ Jr. M Washington and Lee University

Gabriel Alexander ^ Sr. FO Bridgewater College