Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Orange Duce

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:20 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:46 am
old salt wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:53 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:46 am
old salt wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 pm Seriously, I can hardly imagine an act, or actor, who would more grossly discredit Christianity. This is a straightforward appeal to American Christian Nationalism, with Trump the anointed Savior. It's sacrilegious, blasphemous, and oh yeah, blatantly "political"...AND a grift of the suckers. And yup, opposite of Jesus' preaching.
Yes, you're the sole arbiter of who can be a Christian.
Do you also question Lee Greenwood's faith ? His name's on those bibles too.
I spent some time with him on a USO Xmas tour in 1987.
He's the genuine article.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... mp-haters/
No, I’m not saying someone can’t be Christian. Where the heck are you getting that?

I’m saying, as a Christian, that this act and specific person are blasphemous and sacrilegious, along with being massive cons. Christians are certainly not immune to being conned and we certainly aren’t immune from sin and all sorts of temptations.

Trump is preying on the vulnerable, leading them away from Jesus, as much of an AntiChrist as I pray we’ll ever witness.

To your question about Greenwood, if he’s taking any money from this then I’ll indeed question his faithfulness. But I haven’t read that he is…but maybe it’s fame…or ego…but maybe it’s just a misguided, but altruistic effort. My hunch is one of the former, but I don’t know.

Trump, however, is in it for the money, for sure, and also as clarion call to Christian Nationalists, a substantial part of his fascist base.
Some Christians would consider it a positive thing if it get's bibles in the hands of more people, peaks their interest & makes it fashionable to look inside, even if some of them are white nationalists. I doubt they'll find the AntiChrist inside.
You doubt that their idolatry of Trump is anti Christian?

What, do you think a Trump supporter who has never followed Christ will open this particular bible, because Trump sells it to them, and realize the error of their idolatry? Now that’s some wild gaslighting.
So since when have Christians been given any props on this forum?? I know in the holy roller southern baptist church when your born again all of your sins and degenerate morals will be forgiven by God once you have been born again. In the Catholic Church of my upbringing you had to go to confession every week. Bless me father for I have sinned it was easy peasy to get gods forgiveness. 20 Hail Marys and 20 Our Fathers could get your ass out of practically moral dilemma imaginable.
At least in my Christian faith, God forgives the truly repentant.

I realize there are sects that essentially sell forgiveness cheap. The Catholic Church has a long history of such (which in no way is to denigrate the truly repentant). And there’s also quite a tradition of grifters in evangelical churches as well.

God offers forgiveness, but it ain’t actually on the cheap…though if one truly repents, that’s all that it ‘costs’. Not money.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:28 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:19 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:50 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:42 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:04 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:46 am
old salt wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 pm Seriously, I can hardly imagine an act, or actor, who would more grossly discredit Christianity. This is a straightforward appeal to American Christian Nationalism, with Trump the anointed Savior. It's sacrilegious, blasphemous, and oh yeah, blatantly "political"...AND a grift of the suckers. And yup, opposite of Jesus' preaching.
Yes, you're the sole arbiter of who can be a Christian.
Do you also question Lee Greenwood's faith ? His name's on those bibles too.
I spent some time with him on a USO Xmas tour in 1987.
He's the genuine article.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... mp-haters/
No, I’m not saying someone can’t be Christian. Where the heck are you getting that?

I’m saying, as a Christian, that this act and specific person are blasphemous and sacrilegious, along with being massive cons. Christians are certainly not immune to being conned and we certainly aren’t immune from sin and all sorts of temptations.

Trump is preying on the vulnerable, leading them away from Jesus, as much of an AntiChrist as I pray we’ll ever witness.

To your question about Greenwood, if he’s taking any money from this then I’ll indeed question his faithfulness. But I haven’t read that he is…but maybe it’s fame…or ego…but maybe it’s just a misguided, but altruistic effort. My hunch is one of the former, but I don’t know.

Trump, however, is in it for the money, for sure, and also as clarion call to Christian Nationalists, a substantial part of his fascist base.
Not to go on a religious tangent but are you more bothered by Muslim suicide bombers or WNC??
This year?

In 2024, White supremacist, Christian Nationalists are a much bigger threat to America than are Islamic extremist suicide bombers. They are at the core of the Trump fascist ideology.

Even at the height of the foreign terrorist threat we were not in danger of losing our system of government. (Though some of our most left friends would argue that there was some danger in the loss of civil liberties). As a country we largely pulled together, not apart.
I think your more confused than you realize. How many WNC have strapped on suicide vests and blown up innocent people? Your so asleep at the switch your clueless how many bad actors actually want to kill Americans just like you. I understand your kin folk owned slaves, abused slaves, raped slaves and maybe even murdered slaves. It is no wonder your white guilt torments you still to this day. You ain't just whistling Dixie.
Why the gross, personal attack?
As I’ve shared previously, I don’t feel any responsibility for the actions of others, familial or not. I’m accountable for the morality of my own actions.

Second, in no way am I dismissing any particular danger or horror.

You asked a relative question and I answered straight forwardly and explained my reasoning.

If you have some reason why you are more concerned with foreign terrorists, fine by me. At the moment, I’m not.
Not a gross personal attack. Did you not state a while back that your kin folk owned slaves and profited from that ownership? Either they did or they didn't I'm only going by what you previously said on this forum. Maybe you can refine for all of us your families history in regards to slavery. I'm guessing you didn't think anyone would remember what you posted a long time ago. Anyhow you now have another opportunity to spin. In case you haven't been paying attention scooter there is a growing movement to make me pay reparations for the sins of YOUR kin folk. My kin folk were the ones in blue trying to kill your kin folk. I understand your white guilt. You should feel guilty.
Yes, I’ve numerous times made clear that both sides of my family tree included slave holders. Presumably to their profit. And many non slave holders. Ministers,bishops, doctors too. Alcoholics and reprobates of all sorts as well. Business successes and failures. I feel no special pride nor guilt in this history, it is merely factual.

All benefited from their status as white.

I particularly benefited from my father’s success, which got its start with lacrosse not academics, but which he parlayed from being a scholarship boy to a banker and real estate entrepreneur. That afforded me a great head start and education. Is what it is.

As to blue and grey, I have more kin from the north than south and personally identify with the Union not Confederacy, much less the KKK, in which apparently one ancestor was prominent.

Now, yes, I think there is a societal value in recognizing the damage done to non-whites and figuring out how to adjust social benefits to make back some of that ground. I think we would be a more morally just society if we did so. And I think that’s ultimately good for all of our descendants.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Here is a thread published on the twit platform from J. Michael Luttig, a former federal appellate judge from the 4th Circuit, and a conservative.

"The Nation is witnessing the determined delegitimization of both its Federal and State judiciaries and the systematic dismantling of its system of justice and Rule of Law by a single man – the former President of the United States. In the months ahead, the former president can only be expected to ramp up his unprecedented efforts to delegitimize the courts of the United States, the nation’s state courts, and America’s system of justice, through his vicious, disgraceful, and unforgiveable attacks and threats on the Federal and State Judiciaries and the individual Judges of these courts.

Never in American history has any person, let alone a President of the United States, leveled such threatening attacks against the federal and state courts and federal and state judicial officers of the kind the former president has leveled continually now for years. But suffice it to say, never in history has any person leveled such attacks and been met with such passivity, acquiescence, and submissiveness by the nation.

It is a regrettable commentary on our times that a lone federal judge, The Honorable Judge Reggie B. Walton -- because no one whose responsibility it is to do so has had the courage and the will -- would finally be left no choice but, himself, to express on national television the profound concerns of the entire Federal and State Judiciaries over Donald Trump’s contemptible attacks on the federal and state courts, the judges of these courts and their families, and the other participants in the judicial process.

It is the responsibility of the Supreme Court of the United States in the first instance to protect the federal courts, the federal judges, and all participants in the justice system from the reprehensible spectacle of the former president's inexcusable, threatening attacks, just as it is the responsibility of the respective State Supreme Courts in the first instance to protect their courts and their state judges from the same.

Ultimately, however, it is the responsibility of the entire nation to protect its courts and judges, its Constitution, its Rule of Law, and America's Democracy from vicious attack, threat, undermine, and deliberate delegitimization at the hands of anyone so determined
."

So, on this platform, the Old Sailor tells us all jocular little things like "Be afraid, be very afraid" and tells numerous posters about their "TDS." The Old Sailor took an oath to defend the very Constitution that Luttig, from his rarified perch, believes is literally under assault. Either you believe a former serviceman who has been coopted by the dangerous movement that is MAGA and sees nothing alarming in its debasement of the rule of law and the institutions of our government and body politic, or you believe a real conservative, who still respects the rule of law. Shilling for Trump is compliance with his movement, compliance with his intentions, and the whittling away of the institutions that the Old Sailor swore to all of us he would protect. Disgraceful.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:12 pm Here is a thread published on the twit platform from J. Michael Luttig, a former federal appellate judge from the 4th Circuit, and a conservative.

"The Nation is witnessing the determined delegitimization of both its Federal and State judiciaries and the systematic dismantling of its system of justice and Rule of Law by a single man – the former President of the United States. In the months ahead, the former president can only be expected to ramp up his unprecedented efforts to delegitimize the courts of the United States, the nation’s state courts, and America’s system of justice, through his vicious, disgraceful, and unforgiveable attacks and threats on the Federal and State Judiciaries and the individual Judges of these courts.

Never in American history has any person, let alone a President of the United States, leveled such threatening attacks against the federal and state courts and federal and state judicial officers of the kind the former president has leveled continually now for years. But suffice it to say, never in history has any person leveled such attacks and been met with such passivity, acquiescence, and submissiveness by the nation.

It is a regrettable commentary on our times that a lone federal judge, The Honorable Judge Reggie B. Walton -- because no one whose responsibility it is to do so has had the courage and the will -- would finally be left no choice but, himself, to express on national television the profound concerns of the entire Federal and State Judiciaries over Donald Trump’s contemptible attacks on the federal and state courts, the judges of these courts and their families, and the other participants in the judicial process.

It is the responsibility of the Supreme Court of the United States in the first instance to protect the federal courts, the federal judges, and all participants in the justice system from the reprehensible spectacle of the former president's inexcusable, threatening attacks, just as it is the responsibility of the respective State Supreme Courts in the first instance to protect their courts and their state judges from the same.

Ultimately, however, it is the responsibility of the entire nation to protect its courts and judges, its Constitution, its Rule of Law, and America's Democracy from vicious attack, threat, undermine, and deliberate delegitimization at the hands of anyone so determined
."

So, on this platform, the Old Sailor tells us all jocular little things like "Be afraid, be very afraid" and tells numerous posters about their "TDS." The Old Sailor took an oath to defend the very Constitution that Luttig, from his rarified perch, believes is literally under assault. Either you believe a former serviceman who has been coopted by the dangerous movement that is MAGA and sees nothing alarming in its debasement of the rule of law and the institutions of our government and body politic, or you believe a real conservative, who still respects the rule of law. Shilling for Trump is compliance with his movement, compliance with his intentions, and the whittling away of the institutions that the Old Sailor swore to all of us he would protect. Disgraceful.
Sailor is a troll. It's what he does to get a rise out of those he opposes. He is VERY predictable.
IMHO his opinion excusing/praising Lee Greenwood for basically being a Fatso sycophant tells you all you need to know. Maybe Lee gets a discount for buying Fatso bibles in bulk. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:12 pm Here is a thread published on the twit platform from J. Michael Luttig, a former federal appellate judge from the 4th Circuit, and a conservative.

."

So, on this platform, the Old Sailor tells us all jocular little things like "Be afraid, be very afraid" and tells numerous posters about their "TDS." The Old Sailor took an oath to defend the very Constitution that Luttig, from his rarified perch, believes is literally under assault. Either you believe a former serviceman who has been coopted by the dangerous movement that is MAGA and sees nothing alarming in its debasement of the rule of law and the institutions of our government and body politic, or you believe a real conservative, who still respects the rule of law. Shilling for Trump is compliance with his movement, compliance with his intentions, and the whittling away of the institutions that the Old Sailor swore to all of us he would protect. Disgraeful.
Thanks for posting. Luttig's comments are exactly why I have only one criteria for anyone to receive my vote this November and for the immediate future. Trump or anyone who has expressed support for him will never get my vote. Sadly I've lost many a friend (my choice) over this black/white stance, but in my opinion our country and Constitution warrant it. The values of anyone for or defending Trump are so opposite mine they are not people I have any interest in befriending. Harsh, but true.
Last edited by SCLaxAttack on Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Kismet wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:19 pm

."

Sailor is a troll. It's what he does to get a rise out of those he opposes. He is VERY predictable.
IMHO his opinion excusing/praising Lee Greenwood for basically being a Fatso sycophant tells you all you need to know. Maybe Lee gets a discount for buying Fatso bibles in bulk. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
It's how ALL of MAGA-apologists are handling the world now: they know full well how bad things have gotten with their party.

So their solution? Gaslight, and pretend that "everyone else" is lying.

You see the dipsh(t from Michigan's response to the media saying "uhhh....those weren't "illegal invaders, Congressman...that was the Gonazaga basketball team".

His reponse?

Hundreds of social media users quickly disputed Maddock’s post on Wednesday, but Maddock refused to concede. He replied to one of the many people who pointed out the plane and buses were likely for NCAA basketball teams: “Sure kommie. Good talking point.”

Maddock continued to dig in on Thursday morning. He wrote a new post saying, “We know this is happening” and that hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants are “pouring into our country.” He added: “Since we can’t trust the #FakeNews to investigate, citizens will. The process of investigating these issues takes time.”

And this game works, of course. The problem these idiots don't see is that these games aren't for a purpose or policy. These games are an end unto themselves, and is about keeping power.

While all the normal Republicans bail from Congress, and increasingly, public service.

TrumpNation is gonna get what they're asking for here...but they're too freaking stupid to understand that they won't like where this road leads. Grab your popcorn.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

More on Old Sailor Country:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va ... -violence/

"A Republican-appointed judge denounced Donald Trump’s social media attacks against the judge presiding over the former president’s hush money trial in Manhattan and his daughter, calling them assaults on the rule of law that could lead to violence and tyranny.

“When judges are threatened, and particularly when their family is threatened, it’s something that’s wrong and should not happen,” U.S. District Judge Reggie B. Walton, told CNN’s Kaitlan Collins in a live interview Thursday. He added, “It is very troubling because I think it is an attack on the rule of law.”

The unusual media statement by a sitting federal judge came after Trump blasted New York Supreme Court Justice Juan Merchan and his daughter, Loren Merchan, criticizing her affiliation with a digital marketing company that works with Democratic candidates and erroneously attributing to her a social media post showing Trump behind bars.

Subscribe to The Trump Trials, our weekly email newsletter on Donald Trump's four criminal cases

Walton, who was appointed by presidents Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush to courts in Washington in 1981 and 1991, said “any reasonable, thinking person” would appreciate the impact of Trump’s rhetoric on some followers, intentional or not. The judge recalled how a disgruntled litigant killed the son and wounded the husband of New Jersey federal Judge Esther Salas at her home in a 2020 shooting.

Since late 2020, as Trump began escalating his attacks on the judiciary, serious investigated threats against federal judges have more than doubled, from 224 in 2021 to 457 in 2023, according to the U.S. Marshals Service, as first reported by Reuters. Federal judges in Washington say at least half of trial judges handling cases arising from the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol have received a surge in threats and harassment, including death threats to their homes, with Trump’s election obstruction trial judge, Tanya S. Chutkan, placed under 24-hour protection.

Former U.S. President Donald Trump arrives for his hearing at Manhattan Criminal Court in New York City. (Justin Lane/AFP/Getty Images)
“The rule of rule of law can only be maintained if we have independent judicial officers who are able to do their job and ensure that the laws are in fact enforced and that the laws are applied equally to everybody who appears in our courthouse,” Walton told CNN. He was prompted to speak out of concern for the “future of our country and the future of democracy in our country,” Walton said, “because if we don’t have a viable court system that’s able to function efficiently, then we have tyranny.”

Walton’s remarks came as several federal judges in Washington appointed by Republican presidents have spoken with increasing urgency about Trump’s disregard for historical facts and alarmed at his increasingly graphic and at times violent description of defendants prosecuted in the Jan. 6 riot as “political prisoners” and “hostages” who did nothing wrong.

In my 37 years on the bench, I cannot recall a time when such meritless justifications of criminal activity have gone mainstream,” U.S. District Judge Royce C. Lamberth said in a January sentencing. “I have been dismayed to see distortions and outright falsehoods seep into the public consciousness.”

U.S. District Judge Thomas F. Hogan similarly told a group of Georgetown Law School students in January that false claims that riot defendants were acting like tourists or patriots were destructive rewriting of reality. “There’s a danger that is embedded now in our communities across the country,” Hogan said.

“And we have to wonder where this is going to end up if that’s part of our history, this fraudulent story” by Trump that the 2020 election was stolen. Hogan spoke shortly after his retirement after completing 40 years on the bench and sentencing 26 Jan. 6 riot defendants.

Hogan and Lamberth were both appointed by Reagan, and both served as chief judges of the U.S. District Court in Washington, where judges have presided over more than 1,350 prosecutions for the riot that resulted after Trump urged his supporters to march to the Capitol where Congress was certifying the results of the 2020 election.

Five people died in the Jan. 6 attack or in the immediate aftermath, as pro-Trump rioters injured more than 100 police officers, ransacked Capitol offices, and forced lawmakers to evacuate. About 486 defendants have been charged with assaulting or impeding officers or employees, including 127 charged with using a deadly or dangerous weapon or causing serious bodily injury.

Trump has claimed he is a victim of political persecution by the Biden administration as the two men face a 2024 rematch of the 2020 election, and continues to maintain he won the last time, despite repudiation of his arguments by nearly 40 courts, his own White House counsel, attorney general and members of his campaign. He faces a $450 million civil fraud verdict against his businesses, and four separate criminal cases charging him with paying hush money to an adult film actress, mishandling classified documents, and interfering with the 2020 election results.

Several of the 23 D.C. federal judges who have sentenced Jan. 6 defendants have noted Trump’s role in events, including judges appointed by presidents of both parties. But the recent statements by appointees of Trump’s GOP predecessors is notable in breaking with partisan affiliation. After one Jan. 6 trial last year, Walton called Trump a “charlatan” who led followers into believing unfounded allegations and falsehoods, and who “doesn’t in my view really care about democracy but only about power. And as a result of that, it’s tearing this country apart.”

All three judges have warned of a significant increase in the number of threats they and other judges have faced since the Capitol attack, which Walton called “very, very very concerning.”

“I’ve been a judge for over 40 years. And, this is a new phenomenon. I’m not saying that it didn’t happen before, but it was very rare that I would ever receive any type of a threat,” Walton said. “And unfortunately, that is no longer, the case.”

Hogan told law students threats had increased, “no question about it, I think encouraged by the prior president, unfortunately.”

“I would say half our judges have been seriously threatened” regarding their handling of cases related to Trump, Hogan said in a Jan. 22 law school talk. “It makes you nervous.”

A Texas woman was charged with threatening to kill Chutkan shortly after she was assigned Trump’s case last August, leaving a voice-mail message in the judge’s chambers calling Chutkan a racial slur and saying, “If Trump doesn’t get elected in 2024, we are coming to kill you, so tread lightly, b----,” according to charging papers.

In January, New York Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron received a bomb threat to his Long Island home, hours before closing arguments were set to begin in Trump’s civil fraud case over which he was presiding.

Authorities are increasing security at the federal courthouse in Washington at a time when Attorney General Merrick Garland has said that law enforcement has seen a “deeply disturbing spike” in threats and attacks on public officials, including judges and prosecutors in Trump’s cases, even as the presumptive 2024 GOP presidential nominee has predicted “bedlam in the country” if his criminal cases damage his candidacy.

Lamberth has said he could not deny the facts after presiding over dozens of cases, listing to hundreds of hours of testimony, and receiving thousands of pages of briefing.

“The rioters interfered with a necessary step in the constitutional process, disrupted the lawful transfer of power and thus jeopardized the American constitutional order. Although the rioters failed in their ultimate goal, their actions nonetheless resulted in the deaths of multiple people, injury to over 140 members of law enforcement and lasting trauma for our entire nation,” Lamberth said in January. “This was not patriotism; it was the antithesis of patriotism.”
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:29 am If I thought someone purchasing this particular bible would read it and then realize how their prior slavish following of Trump was antithetical to Christ’s teaching and the 10 Commandments, and convert away from that blasphemous prior choice, then I’d see that as a silver lining to a scam that otherwise preys on the vulnerable. But not a justification for the scam.

However, I think the vast majority of purchases will be from people simply demonstrating their slavish loyalty to the Trump cult. Deepening their commitment to the cult.
It's presumptuous to judge why anyone would purchase any printing of the Bible or to ignore the possibility that the example of someone like Lee Greenwood might prompt the buyer to look inside the cover of The Book & learn more about what's inside. Maybe Lee makes it fashionable & affirming to them. Of course, you've apparently already judged Lee to be a heretic & false prophet. Based on my close personal encounter with him on a USO tour, I don't question his sincerity or his motivations.

You & your fellow travelers in this forum are treading on shaky ground when you presume to know why anyone would purchase a Bible.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:59 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:29 am If I thought someone purchasing this particular bible would read it and then realize how their prior slavish following of Trump was antithetical to Christ’s teaching and the 10 Commandments, and convert away from that blasphemous prior choice, then I’d see that as a silver lining to a scam that otherwise preys on the vulnerable. But not a justification for the scam.

However, I think the vast majority of purchases will be from people simply demonstrating their slavish loyalty to the Trump cult. Deepening their commitment to the cult.
It's presumptuous to judge why anyone would purchase any printing of the Bible or to ignore the possibility that the example of someone like Lee Greenwood might prompt the buyer to look inside the cover of The Book & learn more about what's inside. Maybe Lee makes it fashionable & affirming to them. Of course, you've apparently already judged Lee to be a heretic & false prophet. Based on my close personal encounter with him on a USO tour, I don't question his sincerity or his motivations.

You & your fellow travelers in this forum are treading on shaky ground when you presume to know why anyone would purchase a Bible.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Nonsense, OS. They know how everyone thinks and will act, no need to even ask them, they’ll tell you judge mental they are. And yet, Identity politics is their game, it’s just as disgusting.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:11 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I’m going to let the eclipse burn my eyes out after reading this!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

There are a heck of a lot of bibles out there that aren’t blasphemously peddled by a con man. As I was super clear, I don’t know enough about Greenwood to be sure, but the clincher would be if he’s getting paid in some way…I’m fine with giving him the benefit of some doubt otherwise. Nevertheless, if he’s dumb enough to associate himself with this scam out of some innocent altruistic sense, I’ll just chalk him up as another cult member conned by Trump. But possible.

But Trump is obvious as is the scam.

As to why Anyone would buy this bible over the many versions available for much less money, I’m comfortable with my conclusions about the vast majority. However, I’ll leave open the possibility of the silver lining I noted above for that extremely rare such possibility.

But in no way does this absolve the scam.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:49 pm

Nonsense, OS. They know how everyone thinks and will act, no need to even ask them, they’ll tell you judge mental they are. And yet, Identity politics is their game, it’s just as disgusting.
And that is one of your more disgusting posts to date. So stupidly condescending and pretentious that you have the ‘right’ path to faith, ignoring Christian teachings in the process.

I take faith seriously and it’s incredibly offensive how cavalierly you and Salty defend this blasphemy.

Engage with the actual argument if you disagree, but stop with the gaslighting.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Putting the U.S. Constitution in a Bible?

Well the Founders were pretty serious about separation of church and state. And so was Jesus -- "render unto Caesar..."

Suggests that Messrs. Trump and Greenwood don't understand some pretty basic concepts in both texts.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Apparently Lee Greenwood attempted to first publish this bible in May 2021, so that it would be available for the 20th anniversary of 9-11. Trump was not then involved. Harper Collins was to be the publisher but the deal fell through & Lee couldn't get it published by 9-11, so the project went dormant, until now, when Lee found another publisher.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/r ... 082276001/

https://www.mardel.com/Bibles/Devotiona ... -Specialty

When I met him, Lee was an obscure C&W singer & songwriter who had 1 big hit. He toured with the USO for years, giving up his Xmas holiday's to entertain our troops all over the world. It was an arduous task. He was part of the Bob Hope US tour group which diverted into our base on Dec 26th when they could not land at their final tour stop - Lajes, in the Azores - due to crosswinds. They were exhausted, but they still insisted on putting on a show for us. When we sat down for a dinner with Bob Hope & the rest of his troupe, Lee said grace for us all. My impression was that Lee was an understated but devout Christian & the real deal, ...but I was distracted because Barbara Eden was seated immediately to my right & Connie Stevens was across the table. The next day when they were boarding their USAF C-141 for departure, I went on the plane to say farewell & thank them personally. Lee shook my hand, admired my leather flight jacket, & said " fly safe, God Bless". My sense was that he meant it.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

old salt wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:56 am Apparently Lee Greenwood attempted to first publish this bible in May 2021, so that it would be available for the 20th anniversary of 9-11. Trump was not then involved. Harper Collins was to be the publisher but the deal fell through & Lee couldn't get it published by 9-11, so the project went dormant, until now, when Lee found another publisher.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/r ... 082276001/

https://www.mardel.com/Bibles/Devotiona ... -Specialty

When I met him, Lee was an obscure C&W singer & songwriter who had 1 big hit. He toured with the USO for years, giving up his Xmas holiday's to entertain our troops all over the world. It was an arduous task. He was part of the Bob Hope US tour group which diverted into our base on Dec 26th when they could not land at their final tour stop - Lajes, in the Azores - due to crosswinds. They were exhausted, but they still insisted on putting on a show for us. When we sat down for a dinner with Bob Hope & the rest of his troupe, Lee said grace for us all. My impression was that Lee was an understated but devout Christian & the real deal, ...but I was distracted because Barbara Eden was seated immediately to my right & Connie Stevens was across the table. The next day when they were boarding their USAF C-141 for departure, I went on the plane to say farewell & thank them personally. Lee shook my hand, admired my leather flight jacket, & said " fly safe, God Bless". My sense was that he meant it.
+1 what a great personal remembrance. I give you a lot of credit for the grief and the amount of disrespect you deal with on this forum every damn day. Thank you OS for your service and dedication to this country. I have made quite a few jumps out of C-141 aircraft. They were not and never will be a paratroopers best friend. The jet blast when exiting the aircraft created tangled suspension lines that made us ride the bike to untangle them. Your an alright guy for a navy man. 👍 You might appreciate this story from my army days. My battalion made a mass tach jump into Dugway Proving Grounds in Utah. We flew on C-141 out of Pope AFB. Those air force folks fed us those great box lunches they were famous for. About the same time we began in flight rigging the Air Force decided it was time to fly NOE. Guess what happened to all of those box lunches? This was our version of the vomit comet. I remember at one point in time looking out the port hole window while being tumbled around like Parchese dice thinking why are we flying so close to the ground? You had to experience it in person to understand what it was all about. Barbara Eden was the woman who verified to me at a young age that I was a heterosexual male with a blossoming admiration for the opposite sex. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... It's pretty clear why Harper Collins turned the deal down. They wanted to stay in the business of publishing real bibles. Seems the Christians they sell bibles to didn't care much for the grift.

... this Hugh Kirkpatrick guy sounds like another grifter.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
old salt

Post by old salt »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:12 pm So, on this platform, the Old Sailor tells us all jocular little things like "Be afraid, be very afraid" and tells numerous posters about their "TDS." The Old Sailor took an oath to defend the very Constitution that Luttig, from his rarified perch, believes is literally under assault. Either you believe a former serviceman who has been coopted by the dangerous movement that is MAGA and sees nothing alarming in its debasement of the rule of law and the institutions of our government and body politic, or you believe a real conservative, who still respects the rule of law. Shilling for Trump is compliance with his movement, compliance with his intentions, and the whittling away of the institutions that the Old Sailor swore to all of us he would protect. Disgraceful.
:lol: ...the venom you spew toward people who have the temerity to not conform to your partisan views is irrational as well as amusing.
The debasement of the rule of law that is obvious is the weaponization of our judicial system by your fellow travelers who are now in power.
Maybe that's why all of you are so afraid. You fear it will be turned around on you if you lose power. You don't need to be afraid.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

ggait wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:06 am Putting the U.S. Constitution in a Bible?

Well the Founders were pretty serious about separation of church and state. And so was Jesus -- "render unto Caesar..."

Suggests that Messrs. Trump and Greenwood don't understand some pretty basic concepts in both texts.
haven't you people beaten this topic to death enough already we get it suck won't be voting for Trump either
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"

Return to “POLITICS”