media matters

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: media matters

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Kind of interesting if you are following the Hiring Ronna the Seditionist saga:

https://view.newsletters.cnn.com/messag ... 97b961/raw
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Tucker Carlson launches his new show...on Russian State television. All pretensions to being an "independent media figure" are finally swept away, and Tucker and his millions kneel at the throne of his Master. Maybe he will help the Reich Unify?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:23 pm Tucker Carlson launches his new show...on Russian State television. All pretensions to being an "independent media figure" are finally swept away, and Tucker and his millions kneel at the throne of his Master. Maybe he will help the Reich Unify?
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2024 ... /index.amp
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:53 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:23 pm Tucker Carlson launches his new show...on Russian State television. All pretensions to being an "independent media figure" are finally swept away, and Tucker and his millions kneel at the throne of his Master. Maybe he will help the Reich Unify?

FYI, he's been hosting it since September 2023. The article edited itself. Been over 8 months now.

Joe
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:28 pm

FYI, he's been hosting it since September 2023. The article edited itself. Been over 8 months now.

Joe
That's what the link says. How do you mean that "The article edited itself"?
Looks like someone pointed out that it hadn't just happened and they edited to correct, like sound journalism should do.
Began 8 months ago and continues.

Doesn't change Seacoaster's pointed commentary, though the "Reich Unify" is a more timely reference.
Typical Lax Dad

Joe
I saw that. I was going to mention that the show isn’t new after all….That makes it better…. but I decided to let the reader find out himself.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:37 pm

Joe
Looks like someone pointed out that it hadn't just happened and they edited to correct, like sound journalism should do.

Doesn't change Seacoaster's pointed commentary, though the "Reich Unify" is a more timely reference.
My mistake, I thought the article failed to mention that point in the original link. Looks like it did. Tucker Carlson has always been a firebrand, that's his style. Unless you are worried that he would actually sway policy in a potential Trump Administration, why does anything he does surprise anyone on this forum?

Joe
Typical Lax Dad

Joe

In 2024, a media correction is evidence of lying. These people have lost the capacity to rationalize….devolving.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:42 pm

Joe

My mistake, I thought the article failed to mention that point in the original link. Looks like it did. Tucker Carlson has always been a firebrand, that's his style. Unless you are worried that he would actually sway policy in a potential Trump Administration, why does anything he does surprise anyone on this forum?

Joe
He continues to have a huge following, Joe. In America.

He speaks to a portion of the MAGA GOP which is most willing to be inflamed, angry, resentful, all the elements necessary for the rise of fascism, authoritarian rule.

He directly spouts Russian propaganda as if truthful and millions of Americans buy it. He knows better, has always known better.

And that portion of MAGA-world is very much preparing to play big roles in a next Trump Admin should such happen, with Trump's full embrace. It's quite a collection of fascist racists, with both opportunists and ideologues preparing to exercise power in ways that (outside of pre-Civil War and Jim Crow south), this country has never experienced on a federal level.

I don't see his being on RT as "surprising" rather it simply confirms what we've long known about Carlson, he's an opportunist with no morals. That is, if by "we" I mean those who have been skeptically watching his transition from loudmouth preppy brat to outright fascist a-hole. All for a dollar and ego.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:58 pm

Joe

Joe

He speaks to a portion of the MAGA GOP which is most willing to be inflamed, angry, resentful, all the elements necessary for the rise of fascism, authoritarian rule.

He directly spouts Russian propaganda as if truthful and millions of Americans buy it. He knows better, has always known better.

And that portion of MAGA-world is very much preparing to play big roles in a next Trump Admin should such happen, with Trump's full embrace. It's quite a collection of fascist racists, with both opportunists and ideologues preparing to exercise power in ways that (outside of pre-Civil War and Jim Crow south), this country has never experienced on a federal level.

I don't see his being on RT as "surprising" rather it simply confirms what we've long known about Carlson, he's an opportunist with no morals. That is, if by "we" I mean those who have been skeptically watching his transition from loudmouth preppy brat to outright fascist a-hole. All for a dollar and ego.
Again, he's not making the decisions in any administration. You have no clue, maybe he will be highly critical of a Trump Administration. He marches to the beat of his own drum, always has always will. You give him entirely too much credit...

Joe
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:51 pm

Joe

Joe

Again, he's not making the decisions in any administration. You have no clue, maybe he will be highly critical of a Trump Administration. He marches to the beat of his own drum, always has always will. You give him entirely too much credit...

Joe
:D :lol: :roll:

Ridiculous, "maybe he will be highly critical of a Trump Administration"...! Not a chance. The only critique would be to push for more extreme positions faster, giving air cover for governmental action.

Of course, you're correct that unless he was brought in as Minister of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, he's not likely to have a direct role in Trump Admin as he's more valuable outside, and more $ to be made there by him.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reich_Min ... Propaganda

He does NOT "march to the beat of his own drum", he marches to whatever beat will generate the most cash for him and he's followed that imperative to go deeper and deeper into extreme rhetorical positions that inflame the most. Why, 'cause that's what generates the most passionate audience.

My niece went to school with his daughter and I twice met all their friends and discussed the early Tucker transition into full blown MAGA blowhard in 2015 -2017. The girls all thought he wasn't anything like his TV persona, "it's all an act"...to make money. I met him at their graduation.

It was no surprise that his emails and texts post 2020 election revealed how dishonest he was being on-screen. As I said, he knows better.

The idea that he'd suddenly have integrity is flat ridiculous on its face.

NOTE: this is the Media Matters thread...and yes, Carlson still matters.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:04 pm

Joe

Joe

Joe

Ridiculous, "maybe he will be highly critical of a Trump Administration"...! Not a chance. The only critique would be to push for more extreme positions faster, giving air cover for governmental action.

Of course, you're correct that unless he was brought in as Minister of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, he's not likely to have a direct role in Trump Admin as he's more valuable outside, and more $ to be made there by him.

He does NOT "march to the beat of his own drum", he marches to whatever beat will generate the most cash for him and he's followed that imperative to go deeper and deeper into extreme rhetorical positions that inflame the most. Why, 'cause that's what generates the most passionate audience.

My niece went to school with his daughter and I twice met all their friends and discussed the early Tucker transition into full blown MAGA blowhard in 2015 -2017. The girls all thought he wasn't anything like his TV persona, "it's all an act"...to make money. I met him at their graduation.

It was no surprise that his emails and texts post 2020 election revealed how dishonest he was being on-screen. As I said, he knows better.

He might find it hard to dismount the tiger he’s astride. As will most Magats.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:38 pm

Joe

Joe

Joe

I like to think of myself as more of a villein. Your approval is all that counts!

Joe
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:00 pm

Joe

Joe

Joe

I like to think of myself as more of a villein. Your approval is all that counts!

Joe
I had to look up that word, villein, as it wasn't in my pretty good word wealth background. ;)
Not sure I get your intention, but ok.

That said, I don't assume you are a full on MAGA cult member either.
Otherwise, I wouldn't bother to discuss the topic.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:09 pm

Joe

Joe

Joe

Joe
I had to look up that word, villein, as it wasn't in my pretty good word wealth background. ;)

I'm glad I stumped you! I used the word because a certain poster insists on using such language in a certain manner on a regular basis. It's very off-putting. :roll:

Joe
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:16 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:09 pm

Joe

Joe

Joe

Joe

I'm glad I stumped you! I used the word because a certain poster insists on using such language in a certain manner on a regular basis. It's very off-putting. :roll:

Joe
:D I was just accused of not using spell check in a reference to "pipple" which was just a reference to the accent of a certain politician from Queens, not the actual dictionary definition of "pipple" nor a misspelling. Ahh well.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt

Post by old salt »

I''ve begun watching [NEWS NATION] Now with Connell McShane, 4pm-6pm edt.
Pretty balanced for cable news. Like CNN & MSNBC were before they went hardcover.
More news reporting than commentary.

https://www.thewrap.com/connell-mcshane ... interview/
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Makes you wonder why CNN never reports on stuff like this... Coming from verified blue checks too.

DMac

Post by DMac »

One of the few times, maybe the only time, I've ever looked at Donald and thought he was bright.

Return to “POLITICS”