NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
SaltCounty

Re: NESCAC

Post by SaltCounty »

NNELax wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:25 am Watched a good chunk of this game and RIT was just a more complete squad yesterday..Tigers were athletic between the lines and had no problem going up and down with Tufts...I said before they are probably the team to beat in the North and that seems to be the case...Curious if they will stumble before the NCAA tournament?

There was an AWESOME stretch of lacrosse about halfway through the third of both teams going up and down with multiple fantastic saves from both goalies...Was nice to see the game played like that..makes it fun for and old guy like me!
I may be wrong but I get the feeling that we haven't seen many rematches of March OOC games in the NCAA Tournament.
Is this the 1st time Tufts has played RIT in the regular season?
Hopefully we get a Tufts @ RIT matchup again this May (@ because with this win, RIT would have the higher seed & host)

SLU played great yesterday but they'll need to play a perfect game against either team to win given their make-up / style of play.
And as talented as Bowdoin is - they would need a healthy Barnard to have the same type of outcome.
Jknows

Post by Jknows »

RIT’s website has the all-time series as 4-3 RIT with the first matchup back in 2013. Every meeting prior to Saturday is in mid to late May so would say this is first regular season meeting between the two.

They have the path for the top seed out of the north right now but still have matchups agains St. Lawrence, Union, RPI and St. John Fisher, so could still get tripped up.
richard

Post by richard »

Hey Ham Tech, that was an eye opening weekend at the Mustang. I’m having a Utica Club in your honor right now. I don’t know where you guys go for a cold one, Alteris, Killebrew, Finger Bullet or the morgue but go have a few. You deserve it. 8-)
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

Jknows wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:15 pm RIT’s website has the all-time series as 4-3 RIT with the first matchup back in 2013. Every meeting prior to Saturday is in mid to late May so would say this is first regular season meeting between the two.

They have the path for the top seed out of the north right now but still have matchups agains St. Lawrence, Union, RPI and St. John Fisher, so could still get tripped up.
I've watched SLU, Union and RPI this year...a stumble could happen...but if RIT plays like they did against Tufts...won't happen
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Really fun RIT Tufts game yesterday! Expectations were high and I think this one lived up to them. No doubt who was the better team in this contest. Tufts is young while RIT has a lot of experience and it showed. Tufts played somewhat helter skelter and sloppy at times, RIT was poised, patient and very disciplined. They routinely used 60+ seconds of the shot clock. To be fair, Tufts top 10 goal scorers are Sophomores and Juniors, 5 of RITs top 6 scorers are Seniors or grad students. Me thinks we might see a rematch down the road! Congrats to RIT on a nice W.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

callaxdad wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:29 pm Really fun RIT Tufts game yesterday! Expectations were high and I think this one lived up to them. No doubt who was the better team in this contest. Tufts is young while RIT has a lot of experience and it showed. Tufts played somewhat helter skelter and sloppy at times, RIT was poised, patient and very disciplined. They routinely used 60+ seconds of the shot clock. To be fair, Tufts top 10 goal scorers are Sophomores and Juniors, 5 of RITs top 6 scorers are Seniors or grad students. Me thinks we might see a rematch down the road! Congrats to RIT on a nice W.
Tufts inexperienced showed that evening. Multiple mistake which RIT capitalized on. Most of the team are sophomores and juniors many of which are starting and seeing significant playing time. If there is a matchup in May, I think it will be a very different ballgame. No excuse for 2 minute unreleasable penalties and unsportsmanlike penalty after you score. Things like that are rookie mistake and in my mind where some of the key factors in Tufts losing. Fix all those throw away balls and stupid penalties and we might have had a different outcome. Tufst has just an much talent as RIT but the inexperienced showed.
Masshole

Post by Masshole »

Tufts refuses to win or lose close games. They are the Miami Dolphins of D3 lacrosse, except they actually beat teams that are over .500
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

jerk wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:37 pm Tufts refuses to win or lose close games. They are the Miami Dolphins of D3 lacrosse, except they actually beat teams that are over .500
It certainly seems to be the exception(s), but the Amherst and CC games last year were close wins.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

jerk wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:37 pm Tufts refuses to win or lose close games. They are the Miami Dolphins of D3 lacrosse, except they actually beat teams that are over .500
Well, don't you have to do one or the other?? Assuming you do play them. Are you somehow trying to say they just haven't played any close games? However, by definition, if you play close games (or any game for that matter :lol: :lol: ) one or the other has to happen!! I'm confused, please explain. Although, maybe your handle explains it?
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

jerk wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:37 pm They are the Miami Dolphins of D3 lacrosse, except they actually beat teams that are over .500
So, are they or are they not the Fish of D3 lacrosse? Again, confused here, please explain.
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

He's saying that they either win big or lose badly.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

A bunch of big games today, need more chatter. Amherst up 8-6 in the 4th on Gettysburg, Williams-RPI, Middlebury-Union and Wes-Stevens yet to come. Liberty League looks like the class of D3 this year so Williams and Midd have tall tasks but both are winnable. Union is 5-0 vs a strong schedule but has 3 1 goal (including vs Williams and Babson) and 1 2 goal (vs Endicott) wins so it isn't like they are a juggernaut. Stevens is 6-1 with loss to Dickenson, otherwise not much meat on their schedule, I think Wes has to be solid favorite there. Williams will need strong goalie play to have a shot and most importantly can't get destroyed at the dot like they were vs Babson and especially Union.
Bilo

Post by Bilo »

Union double-poling Middlebury middies again in the first quarter.
Last edited by Bilo on Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
nescac commit

Post by nescac commit »

Wes proving everyone wrong today with their performance
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

nescac commit wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:15 pm Wes proving everyone wrong today with their performance
yup
jumpman23

Post by jumpman23 »

Unknown Participant wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:19 pm
nescac commit wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:15 pm Wes proving everyone wrong today with their performance
yup
Thank goodness for Amherst today. Anyone thinking only 2 or 3 bids for Nescac?
Low2high22

Post by Low2high22 »

Not many OOC left, thinking at most 2 bids? Is that crazy to say?
Duckdad

Post by Duckdad »

Tough week for the upper half of the NESCAC versus the stem schools. RPI, RIT, Stevens, union taking care of business. Stevens was dominant today. Goals called back score should’ve been 20-8
HockeyLaxGolf42

Post by HockeyLaxGolf42 »

Duckdad wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:35 pm Tough week for the upper half of the NESCAC versus the stem schools. RPI, RIT, Stevens, union taking care of business. Stevens was dominant today. Goals called back score should’ve been 20-8
Real test comes Saturday. Our jumbos have never lost to them. Don’t think this will be the year either.
BallBag

Post by BallBag »

Just some friendly banter here...because it does not happen too often here for the NESCAC people.... but man, Liberty League seems to be wearing "the heavy-weight belt" right now. I know it's early and it's the "last man standing," but not many OOC games left. You say maybe 2-3 bids to the NCAA's but besides Tufts, I mean, who would it even be?

What about Liberty? 4 teams? The meat of the schedules are about to happen...

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”