Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Deacon022

Re: Games Today

Post by Deacon022 »

flushlax77 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:17 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:05 pm
Deacon022 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:41 pm In the middle of the road teams post of the day.

Stock 👎
Coastal - so much for them.
UConn - what the hell happened
Davidson - so much for their come up
Jacksonville - maybe Mindy was the reason for their success
Binghamton - huge step back

Stock 👍
Delaware - I believe this team will be next years suprise team. I would say they upset SB next year. Looks like they have a good coaching staff there getting the most out of that team.
PSU big win. Let’s see if they can add off this. Easier one against Lehigh Tuesday so they should get a streak going.
UMass Lowell - no one would’ve guessed this even with the weak schedule
Cornell - after the clinker against LeMoyne they seem to have right the ship
Not saying Davidson is great, but what's wrong with a 9 goal win over Lasalle? still think they finish 3rd in A10.
Someone read the IL scoreboard on Davidson result. They had it wrong.
Yes sir, my error. Guess they are still on the come up. Thanks Laxdadmax for pointing that out.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Regarding the Scane/Masera comparison--and I'm sure you're well aware--but only the players who make the final four, and even more so, the final, are seriously considered for the award. Stony Brook won't be there on Memorial Day Weekend.

(Hey Spidey! Put me down for that as a future, okay? No Stony Brook in Final Four for a double C note.)
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Deacon022 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:19 pm
flushlax77 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:17 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:05 pm
Deacon022 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:41 pm In the middle of the road teams post of the day.

Stock 👎
Coastal - so much for them.
UConn - what the hell happened
Davidson - so much for their come up
Jacksonville - maybe Mindy was the reason for their success
Binghamton - huge step back

Stock 👍
Delaware - I believe this team will be next years suprise team. I would say they upset SB next year. Looks like they have a good coaching staff there getting the most out of that team.
PSU big win. Let’s see if they can add off this. Easier one against Lehigh Tuesday so they should get a streak going.
UMass Lowell - no one would’ve guessed this even with the weak schedule
Cornell - after the clinker against LeMoyne they seem to have right the ship
Not saying Davidson is great, but what's wrong with a 9 goal win over Lasalle? still think they finish 3rd in A10.
Someone read the IL scoreboard on Davidson result. They had it wrong.
Yes sir, my error. Guess they are still on the come up. Thanks Laxdadmax for pointing that out.
Don't think they are on the come up. Feel pretty stable, though most of their key players are young so I could see improvement next year.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

Michigan with a win over directional Central Michigan, 11 - 4. Biggest surprise is Michigan being held to 1 goal in the second half (3Q). The game was never close, but Northwestern put up 20+ on the Chippewas. (I really can't wait for UM vs Northwestern on April 21.)

Other surprises from the game. Erin O'Grady (gk) played 30 minutes and had 1 save and 1 allowed. Back-up goalie Santa-Maria managed 4 saves and 2 goals allowed. CMU goalie Martel had 12 saves and 11 allowed. Solid goalie play all around.
forthelaxofit

Re: JHU vs SBU

Post by forthelaxofit »

Madlax59 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:44 pm
forthelaxofit wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:41 pm
Madlax59 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:39 pm
Relax77 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:28 pm
Madlax59 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:14 pm
Relax77 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:11 pm
Madlax59 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:58 pm
watcherinthewoods wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:40 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:29 pm
Madlax59 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:27 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:23 pm Wow! This is going to be a bare-bones telecast it looks like starting out. No sound, no announcers, no on screen scoreboard, no nothing except cheap seats wide angle video stream. But – better than nothing. Stony Brook draws first blood.

2-0 Stony Brook 11:05 left in 1st
With technology on this day and age this is ridiculous and unacceptable. Talk about growing the sport - wow
Exactly what I was thinking--Grow The Game! Yeah, right. tick poor planning for this. Two top 15 teams. Tsk tsk.
+ 1000. What a low rent event. Not sure how they get teams to participate.
The falling , flopping from Masera jee
I hope you daughter doesn’t play college lax. Realitychecks/lax guy is gonna have JS cancel your daughter for that. Lmao
lol facts is facts
My girls played and are now happily in workforce .
That is awesome to hear. 👍
So when you laud Masera as a Tewey top 5 with her performance against Cuse...what happens in. a game like this one shooting 2/14 with 2 TO?
Maybe just a bad game. But shouldn't just discount it.
To your point, it can't be ignored, but it is about a body of work and not one game right? Scane last year had 1 goal on 10 shots - in an NCAA playoff game. Statistically that was a bad (worse) day too.

I am not saying crown Masera, but comparing her to Scane this year, doesn't she deserve to be in a conversation even after her worst game of year so far where she did still have 5 points and 7 DC? Stats as of now

Scane - 7 games, 26 goals, 31 points, shot % .413 and 8 DC
Masera - 6 games 30 goals, 44 points, shot % .405 and 56 DC

Long season to play out and definitely she is a long shot - but I like her fire (and if memory serves she is a true 4 year player vs 6 year player which adds bonus points for me). I know the Northwestern swarm will react - but Masera performance to date at least keeps her relevant to the conversation on 3/9 I believe.
No. Because Masera puts up those numbers playing in. a weak conference with few out of conference heavy hitters.
Scane plays in a tougher conference playing tougher OOC teams
LOL - love it. That was even quicker than I thought it would be. Less than 5 minutes for the first reply of "she's not worthy". The almighty has spoken. God forbid a player not from Northwestern or BC (or maybe Syracuse) even be considered for this award. Just jump to the final 5 now - 3 from Northwestern & 2 from BC and let's call it a day.
forthelaxofit

Post by forthelaxofit »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:27 pm Regarding the Scane/Masera comparison--and I'm sure you're well aware--but only the players who make the final four, and even more so, the final, are seriously considered for the award. Stony Brook won't be there on Memorial Day Weekend.

(Hey Spidey! Put me down for that as a future, okay? No Stony Brook in Final Four for a double C note.)
When you say seriously considered, what is your definition of that? I would think that a player invited to the ceremony received consideration. JMU wasn't in final four last year, but Peterson was a finalist. No forget it - don't answer that question on your defination. You being in the BC / Northwestern fan camp, your definition of considered I am sure only includes only the "ultimate winner" and everyone else is just there just for show.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

forthelaxofit wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:13 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:23 pm Wow! This is going to be a bare-bones telecast it looks like starting out. No sound, no announcers, no on screen scoreboard, no nothing except cheap seats wide angle video stream. But – better than nothing. Stony Brook draws first blood.

With technology on this day and age this is ridiculous and unacceptable. Talk about growing the sport - wow
Exactly what I was thinking--Grow The Game! Yeah, right. tick poor planning for this. Two top 15 teams. Tsk tsk.
I hope you daughter doesn’t play college lax. Realitychecks/lax guy is gonna have JS cancel your daughter for that. Lmao
lol facts is facts
So when you laud Masera as a Tewey top 5 with her performance against Cuse...what happens in. a game like this one shooting 2/14 with 2 TO?
To your point, it can't be ignored, but it is about a body of work and not one game right? Scane last year had 1 goal on 10 shots - in an NCAA playoff game. Statistically that was a bad (worse) day too.

I am not saying crown Masera, but comparing her to Scane this year, doesn't she deserve to be in a conversation even after her worst game of year so far where she did still have 5 points and 7 DC? Stats as of now

Long season to play out and definitely she is a long shot - but I like her fire (and if memory serves she is a true 4 year player vs 6 year player which adds bonus points for me). I know the Northwestern swarm will react - but Masera performance to date at least keeps her relevant to the conversation on 3/9 I believe.
No. Because Masera puts up those numbers playing in. a weak conference with few out of conference heavy hitters.
LOL - love it. That was even quicker than I thought it would be. Less than 5 minutes for the first reply of "she's not worthy". The almighty has spoken. God forbid a player not from Northwestern or BC (or maybe Syracuse) even be considered for this award. Just jump to the final 5 now - 3 from Northwestern & 2 from BC and let's call it a day.
Is “she isn’t even the best player on her own team.” A good enough reason not to support masera as a tewey finalist.
OuttaNowhereWregget

forthelaxofit wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:21 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:27 pm Regarding the Scane/Masera comparison--and I'm sure you're well aware--but only the players who make the final four, and even more so, the final, are seriously considered for the award. Stony Brook won't be there on Memorial Day Weekend.

When you say seriously considered, what is your definition of that? I would think that a player invited to the ceremony received consideration. JMU wasn't in final four last year, but Peterson was a finalist. No forget it - don't answer that question on your defination. You being in the BC / Northwestern fan camp, your definition of considered I am sure only includes only the "ultimate winner" and everyone else is just there just for show.
Oh, that's right! I forgot about that. The Dukes never made it to the final four last year. I guess a lot of it too has to do with when they announce the final five. Isn't it halfway through the month of May or something? That's all I meant. But it would be interesting to find out who the last player was to win the Tewaaraton without making it to the final four, or the final itself.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

forthelaxofit wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:21 pm

Well...they have to have five finalists, don't they? Are you honestly suggesting that by the end of last season anyone really considered that the Tewaaraton should have gone to someone other than Izzy Scane?
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Ummmm…..turning back to games today rather than the tewaarton award discussion (of which I personally have little interest, much like the heisman award of the nfl MVP award)—
Maryland-Jmu. This looks like a close one to me. Jmu has the edge to me in terms of offensive firepower, but I think Maryland has the edge on defense and in the cage….and I think comes up with the win. I haven’t yet been convinced of JMUs top 5 ranking based on a squeaker win over unc that could have gone either way—today should provide important data as to where they sit…
OuttaNowhereWregget

Very much so. Looking forward to this one with relish.
forthelaxofit

Post by forthelaxofit »

LaxDadMax wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:02 pm

lol facts is facts

Is “she isn’t even the best player on her own team.” A good enough reason not to support masera as a tewey finalist.
Oh okay – know we are going down that hole? People who actually pick All Americans might disagree with you. 2023 she was 2nd team, only member of Stony Brook team to make it. On the first and second teams there were only 10 combined sophomores and juniors, want to guess who was one of them? (just fyi -by your argument Coykendall should not have been a finalist last year by the way as she wasn’t best player on her team)

And to answer some questions – Finalists last year were named the same day the NCAA playoffs started so consideration to picking finalists was not based on playing in final four. Yes I think Scane deserved to win last year – but that was not the discussion. No I don’t think Stony Brook will make final 4 and Spidey would be crazy to accept that bet. And no I don’t think Masera will win this year either. The point was as of today, March 10, she is a name to be in mix. Sorry she is at Stony Brook (which seems to be hated) and not Northwestern, BC or Cuse (who are loved)

But Womenslaxxfan is right – good game on tap for this morning. Maybe another OT thriller on tap. I am going to take Spidey’s points on the underdog– doesn’t matter the line.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

forthelaxofit wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:51 am
LaxDadMax wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:02 pm

lol facts is facts

Oh okay – know we are going down that hole? People who actually pick All Americans might disagree with you. 2023 she was 2nd team, only member of Stony Brook team to make it. On the first and second teams there were only 10 combined sophomores and juniors, want to guess who was one of them? (just fyi -by your argument Coykendall should not have been a finalist last year by the way as she wasn’t best player on her team)

And to answer some questions – Finalists last year were named the same day the NCAA playoffs started so consideration to picking finalists was not based on playing in final four. Yes I think Scane deserved to win last year – but that was not the discussion. No I don’t think Stony Brook will make final 4 and Spidey would be crazy to accept that bet. And no I don’t think Masera will win this year either. The point was as of today, March 10, she is a name to be in mix. Sorry she is at Stony Brook (which seems to be hated) and not Northwestern, BC or Cuse (who are loved)

But Womenslaxxfan is right – good game on tap for this morning. Maybe another OT thriller on tap. I am going to take Spidey’s points on the underdog– doesn’t matter the line.
Yes ….as a middie . She hasn’t played predominantly as a middie for awhile . Occasionally yea prob in easier games . Buts she’s predominantly an attacker . But it’s easier to get her the AA nod as a middie as there are less dominantly midfielders . Joe is very smart ….. she is a very good player . But she flips and falls alot to get the call and I dislike that . SB only has one tough team on the schedule and it’s only March 10. Not her fault but you can def argue that was a must win for SB to get consideration for good ranking …and she came up short .

Ok back to games today . Thinking Maryland will win fairly easily - 5 goals . Should be a decent game .
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

I like Maryland too, but by a whisker.
OuttaNowhereWregget

4-2 Dukes very late in 1st
OuttaNowhereWregget

5-2 Dukes 9:02 2nd

5-3 Dukes 8:42

5-4 Dukes 6:09

Media time out. Smoke 'em if ya got 'em 😉
eastcoastlax

Post by eastcoastlax »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:40 pm As I have said previously, UVA is for real ... and outside of 4 seniors/grad students, the line-up is all freshman and sophomores.

I find myself pulling for the Hoos. I watched my daughter and her teammates struggle for 3 years under poor coaching and poor leadership. I know firsthand what an impact a new coach can make, on the field and, maybe more importantly, off. Good luck, Cavs.
I hope the Hoos make a run this year as well but if they dont figure out the draw they will lose early in the tournament. Also no need to exaggerate how young the team is. Their two best defenders (both are 3-4 year starters) , their two starting middies are a 5th year and a senior ( they play two middies at a time and 1 is a 5 year starter and the other a 4 year starter ) , their 2 best attackers are a 5th year and a senior, both of which have started for 5 years and 4 years add in a junior who never comes off the field, Their top 3 point scorers , top 2 goal scorers , are all seniors , Yes there are several freshman and sophmores contributing but lets not pretend " outside of 4 seniors " , They are actually a fairly experienced team. As far as the coaches doing such a great job scouting ND this year etc lets just remember UVA beat ND last year.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Libby May ties it at 5 2:52 2nd

5-5 at the half. Maryland definitely out hustling the Dukes in that 2nd quarter.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Wondering if anyone from this forum will have breakdowns on the Hero's youth intersquad scrimmage they showed on BTN+.

Need to know who the top prospects for class of 2032 will be.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

LaxDadMax wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:05 pm Wondering if anyone from this forum will have breakdowns on the Hero's youth intersquad scrimmage they showed on BTN+.

Need to know who the top prospects for class of 2032 will be.
That’s funny.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”