Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
MolonLaxe

Re: Games Today

Post by MolonLaxe »

spidey44 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:05 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:43 pm Ohio State deserves more criticism and no one is talking about it. They are awful. Possibly the worst 5-1 team at this point in the history of the sport. Their 5 wins come against teams who have a total record of 4-36.. They feast on cupcakes but can't come within a ten foot pole of good teams. They have been outscored 26-10 in their 2 losses to Michigan and Denver.

If they are anywhere near the tournament at the end of the season i will boycott
They went O-fer in Big 10 play last year. Look for a repeat this year. No chance they even sniff the tourney. AND I wanted them to win today...
They looked better than they did last year. First year with a new coach who doesn’t have her own recruits. They will get there.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

MolonLaxe wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:49 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:43 pm Ohio State deserves more criticism and no one is talking about it. They are awful. Possibly the worst 5-1 team at this point in the history of the sport. Their 5 wins come against teams who have a total record of 4-36.. They feast on cupcakes but can't come within a ten foot pole of good teams. They have been outscored 26-10 in their 2 losses to Michigan and Denver.

If they are anywhere near the tournament at the end of the season i will boycott
They went O-fer in Big 10 play last year. Look for a repeat this year. No chance they even sniff the tourney. AND I wanted them to win today...
They looked better than they did last year. First year with a new coach who doesn’t have her own recruits. They will get there.
Maybe it's just me, but I really hate it when I hear that a coach does not have their recruits. You took the job to coach the kids you do have. Coach them up. Look at Brown right now. Katrina Dowd does not have her recruits but she has "her" team playing so much better than they did last year.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:51 pm Michigan is 7-0…..and are not playing particularly impressive lacrosse, at least to my eye and I’ve watched most of their games including Denver, usc, Colorado, asu and osu.
Who here thinks Michigan is more likely than not to beat Carolina, Loyola, stony Brook, Maryland, penn, jhu or uva?

I think the first four are favored, and the last three are at least a toss up…based on how they are playing today….
I’ve watched most of their games. They have this tendency to go from in focus to a complete lack of focus on offense. It’s really annoying to see happen. Im seeing picks on the field, but not a lot taking the picks or good pick and rolls.

Defense is generally good, but this team can’t keep up offensively with the top teams, IMO. Only option is Hannah really gaming it up to make if more of a defensive battle. That won’t work every time, as even Ohio State started to find the seams, but they just didn’t shoot well at all.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

Brownlax wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:51 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I really hate it when I hear that a coach does not have their recruits. You took the job to coach the kids you do have. Coach them up. Look at Brown right now. Katrina Dowd does not have her recruits but she has "her" team playing so much better than they did last year.
She has. OSU recruits haven’t been high quality for a number of years now. The team 100% looks better than last year.

Of the teams Brown has played, two having winning records. They lost to one of those teams. The three other teams have a combined total of 3 wins.

Let’s not try to pretend Brown is playing anyone better.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

MolonLaxe wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:57 pm
Brownlax wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:51 pm

She has. OSU recruits haven’t been high quality for a number of years now. The team 100% looks better than last year.

Of the teams Brown has played, two having winning records. They lost to one of those teams. The three other teams have a combined total of 3 wins.

Let’s not try to pretend Brown is playing anyone better.
Brown is playing the teams on their schedule and they are doing well. I think KD has put her stamp on the program already. They are playing better than they have in Years. Players don't make the schedule or have any input as to whom they play. No NFL "Flex schedule" here. Play the opponents to the best of your ability, give max effort...and try to get that W.

Let's not pretend it's any other way.
JustWatching

Post by JustWatching »

Is there any way to get BTN+ for one game? I don’t need or want a season pass. I would like to see the NWU vs Denver game today…
EasyRider

Post by EasyRider »

JustWatching wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:07 am Is there any way to get BTN+ for one game? I don’t need or want a season pass. I would like to see the NWU vs Denver game today…
Yes - you can buy a one-team "school pass" for $9.95/mth
https://www.bigtenplus.com/en-int/page/payment
laxguy516

Post by laxguy516 »

Statement game, NU in a blowout 10+
JustWatching

Post by JustWatching »

EasyRider wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:31 am
JustWatching wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:07 am Is there any way to get BTN+ for one game? I don’t need or want a season pass. I would like to see the NWU vs Denver game today…
Thank you!
DMac

Post by DMac »

How do you get that $9.95/mth "school pass"?
When you click on that the option I see is $39.99/yr.
I'd pay ten bucks to see this one but I'm not interested in
forty bucks to get the B1G Minus Network....my experiences
with them have not been good.
lacrossemwj

Post by lacrossemwj »

Related question, is BTN the same as the Big10 Network? Some of the NW games say they will be broadcast on the Big10 and some say BTN, but googling BTN indicates they are the same. There is a monthly 9.95 school pass for the Big10 network.
whyamihere

Post by whyamihere »

lacrossemwj wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:24 pm Related question, is BTN the same as the Big10 Network? Some of the NW games say they will be broadcast on the Big10 and some say BTN, but googling BTN indicates they are the same. There is a monthly 9.95 school pass for the Big10 network.
BTN is the the actual network that is included with certain cable packages. BTN+ is the streaming service that you have to buy a subscription for
whyamihere

Post by whyamihere »

whyamihere wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:29 pm
lacrossemwj wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:24 pm Related question, is BTN the same as the Big10 Network? Some of the NW games say they will be broadcast on the Big10 and some say BTN, but googling BTN indicates they are the same. There is a monthly 9.95 school pass for the Big10 network.
BTN is the the actual network that is included with certain cable packages. BTN+ is the streaming service that you have to buy a subscription for
sorry, the streaming service for the BIG10 is now called B1G+
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

DMac wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:20 pm
Go online through your computer to sign up. You'll get a few more options for subscriptions. School. Sport. Etc
DMac

Post by DMac »

Thanks. I don't use my phone for much anything (I can see what's in front of me when I'm walking that way too) other than calls and texting, was using my computer. I'll go back and see if I can stumble through it.
DMac

Post by DMac »

spidey44 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:47 pm
Go online through your computer to sign up. You'll get a few more options for subscriptions. School. Sport. Etc
Eureka, I'm in....stumbled my way through.
Now do me a favor....remind me to cancel at the end of the month. ;)
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

DMac wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:25 pm
:lol: I've been saying that for the last 2 years.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

NULax2 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:37 pm
And of course from east coast I’m always like ….is game 6 or 7pm east coast time …..
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

Madlax59 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:40 pm
And of course from east coast I’m always like ….is game 6 or 7pm east coast time …..
7pm - IL site will always display ET. Home team website (NU in this case at 6PM) will always display local start time.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

intheknow247 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:00 pm
Madlax59 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:40 pm
7pm - IL site will always display ET. Home team website (NU in this case at 6PM) will always display local start time.
Thank you!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”