Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
eastcoastlax

Re: Games Today

Post by eastcoastlax »

Curious what everyone thinks for the SBU game vs Cuse . Will Cuse change up their defense to stop EM who takes around 5o percent of SBU shots.
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

I think Cuse will just try to lock her off with Benoit who has done a great job on other stars.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

LarryGamLax wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:20 pm
spidey44 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:28 pm
NULax2 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:13 pm
NULax2 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:06 pm
ultravisitor wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:14 pm Sammy White's not starting for NU today.

Is she suited up?
Sammy White spotted with a walking boot.
KAH says she is "day to day" so hopefully ready for Denver
They won’t need her for Denver. That game won’t be close.

You obviously don't know who Liza Kelly is when you're making that kind of statement.
Sorry Larry have to disagree with you . NU will comfortably beat Denver . Last year was a “flash in the pan” they won’t repeat another final four showing .
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

laxfan9999 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:16 pm I think Cuse will just try to lock her off with Benoit who has done a great job on other stars.
One of the tough things when you are trying shut off Masera is that she is crazy good on the draw circle. Just last week she set the SBU draw control record with 17 in one game. It's super tough to shut her off when she is getting the ball off the draw. She is just an overall really good player who you have to gameplan against.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Brownlax wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:38 pm
laxfan9999 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:16 pm I think Cuse will just try to lock her off with Benoit who has done a great job on other stars.
One of the tough things when you are trying shut off Masera is that she is crazy good on the draw circle. Just last week she set the SBU draw control record with 17 in one game. It's super tough to shut her off when she is getting the ball off the draw. She is just an overall really good player who you have to gameplan against.
SB hasn’t played anyone remotely difficult . Let’s see how she does v Cuse . If she puts up 17 against Cuse I’ll eat my hat .
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Thanks for mentioning this. If that's what Treanor decides to do, it will be a compelling matchup to watch throughout the game.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Madlax59 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:03 pm
ultravisitor wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:14 pm Sammy White's not starting for NU today.

Is she suited up?

You obviously don't know who Liza Kelly is when you're making that kind of statement.
Sorry Larry have to disagree with you . NU will comfortably beat Denver . Last year was a “flash in the pan” they won’t repeat another final four showing .
I think that people have not read me correctly on this. My response to Spidey44 saying "They won't need her for Denver. That game won't be close", was to say that he/she doesn't know who Liza Kelly is. If I'm correct, where did I say that NU wouldn't win the game? I don't agree about that "Flash in the Pan" stuff. Denver has been a top 10-15 program for years, right? Now if you're one of those people who think only the top 5 can win the National Title, then that's what you believe. I choose to think differently. Anyone(other than a fan) who says that they knew JMU would win the NC in 2018 is either drug oriented or clairvoyant.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

forthelaxofit wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:44 am
spidey44 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:44 am

I do know who she is, just been underwhelmed thus far by Denver's offense. Just my opinion and I very well could be wrong. Just see the Cats dominating this game.
This is MUST WIN for Denver if they have any hope of hosting a bracket in the NCAA playoffs. Even the NCAA who wants to push “west” lacrosse, will have to pick up travel costs of teams flying east for the tournament. You can’t have a team that lost to Michigan, Maryland and Northwestern hosting 1 of 8 brackets. That would be no different than giving the #4 Big 10 school one of the eight home brackets.

My prediction back in December was Denver would lose at least 3 OOC games but still rip through the weak Big East. That looks like a lock. Also said after Liza Kelly went all in on the portal and covid repeats and having the oldest roster in college lacrosse, she would realize that you can’t win a championship being from west of the Mississippi. Duke is calling, maybe she will answer.
I agree on the Big East--it looks terrible this year and Denver will win out. Denver has already capitalized on talent from the East Coast and I don't think that will slow down because they've had a less than optimal start to the year. The old adage was, you couldn't get kids from the East Coast to go to Denver. That's no longer true.

She's not taking the Duke job if it opens up. Never gonna happen. The boys side has gotten it done at Denver in the past. No reason DU Women can't do the same.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

LarryGamLax wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:42 pm
Madlax59 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:03 pm

Is she suited up?

I think that people have not read me correctly on this. My response to Spidey44 saying "They won't need her for Denver. That game won't be close", was to say that he/she doesn't know who Liza Kelly is. If I'm correct, where did I say that NU wouldn't win the game? I don't agree about that "Flash in the Pan" stuff. Denver has been a top 10-15 program for years, right? Now if you're one of those people who think only the top 5 can win the National Title, then that's what you believe. I choose to think differently. Anyone(other than a fan) who says that they knew JMU would win the NC in 2018 is either drug oriented or clairvoyant.
Still not sure what your point is. Denver isn't a high powered offense so I don't think Northwestern will need White to still win big. They still have all of their offensive weapons that I don't think Kelly or any of the Pios she puts on the field will be able to slow down.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Laxfan212 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:56 am

I do know who she is, just been underwhelmed thus far by Denver's offense. Just my opinion and I very well could be wrong. Just see the Cats dominating this game.
This is MUST WIN for Denver if they have any hope of hosting a bracket in the NCAA playoffs. Even the NCAA who wants to push “west” lacrosse, will have to pick up travel costs of teams flying east for the tournament. You can’t have a team that lost to Michigan, Maryland and Northwestern hosting 1 of 8 brackets. That would be no different than giving the #4 Big 10 school one of the eight home brackets.

My prediction back in December was Denver would lose at least 3 OOC games but still rip through the weak Big East. That looks like a lock. Also said after Liza Kelly went all in on the portal and covid repeats and having the oldest roster in college lacrosse, she would realize that you can’t win a championship being from west of the Mississippi. Duke is calling, maybe she will answer.
Seems like it’s time to take a closer look at the offense happening over there. - they’ve got the personnel. Don’t think the location of a river is holding them back. Northwestern is hardly located in a lax Mecca and they’re managing ok.
Its not about being in a lax hotbed. Its about distance from them. NW is a 2-hour flight from Long Island, Boston, and Upstate NY; the same as most ACC schools. Denver is a 4+ hour flight.

Not saying Denver can't be a perennial top 10 team. But saying it is just as easy to recruit to Denver vs. NW is simply not accurate for lots of potential recruits.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:48 pm
Thanks for mentioning this. If that's what Treanor decides to do, it will be a compelling matchup to watch throughout the game.

I don’t think spallina will let Madera be shut off. Scane didn’t seem to work all that hard to get open and seemed happy against cuse to defer to others. A couple picks, some well timed v cuts, and masera will get the ball whenever she wants. It just depends if spallina wants to play 7 v 7 or is happy to play 6 v 6…
OuttaNowhereWregget

spidey44 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:39 pm I'll continue putting in my thoughts for the bigger games of the week.
#12 Stony Brook at #5 Syracuse tonight at 6pm in the Dome on ACCN (ESPN+)

So, what do you think, spidey? The 4-0 ain't-played-nobody-yet Seawolves at the already-strongly-battle-tested 3-2 Orange.

I'm thinking -4.5 Syracuse. What thinkest thou?
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:59 am
spidey44 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:39 pm I'll continue putting in my thoughts for the bigger games of the week.

So, what do you think, spidey? The 4-0 ain't-played-nobody-yet Seawolves at the already-strongly-battle-tested 3-2 Orange.

I think Stonybrook takes a lead in the beginning of this game. But in the end, I think Cuse comes out by three goals for a win. Stonybrook hasn’t played anybody good which is always the case with their schedule. And Syracuse seems to be hitting their groove. Emma Tyrrell has finally Shown up. Ward is weirdly quiet this season and it’s not Smith and Olivia that are stepping up for this team. I know that Stony Brook has not played Jaden Hampel yet. Apparently she had an injury and he was saving her for this game so let’s see if she comes out . She’s pretty good finisher. I do think that they will try to lock off masera but they do have other scorers and Syracuse defense still has a couple of holes so we shall see
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:59 am

Nice to see SB play somebody of substance OOC. The lack of challenges faced by the Seawolves will come back to haunt them. The Orange look to improve their winning % and will come out firing. I do like your -4.5. That number seems right. I'm going to go alternate money line at -6.5 for the Orange for the extra Juice!
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

I like Syracuse by a few, say three, goals, and closer than it should be. Hard to get a bead on SBU, having played Dartmouth, Bryant, ASU, and Villanova, all on Long Island. The Dome and Syracuse is just a big step up and big step away from home.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

IMO the key to this game is the SBU defense's ability to force SU into shots that the SBU goalie can save. Otherwise, SU by a BUNCH.

https://stonybrookathletics.com/sports/ ... nning/8844
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

I think Syracuse comes out with a statement game and takes it to SB from the start and gets a comfortable win. I think Masura is quiet like last year where she only had an assist vs Syracuse.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

LaxDadMax wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:22 pm
Laxfan212 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:56 am

Seems like it’s time to take a closer look at the offense happening over there. - they’ve got the personnel. Don’t think the location of a river is holding them back. Northwestern is hardly located in a lax Mecca and they’re managing ok.
Its not about being in a lax hotbed. Its about distance from them. NW is a 2-hour flight from Long Island, Boston, and Upstate NY; the same as most ACC schools. Denver is a 4+ hour flight.

Not saying Denver can't be a perennial top 10 team. But saying it is just as easy to recruit to Denver vs. NW is simply not accurate for lots of potential recruits.
Logan to O’Hare is a little over 3 hours.
OuttaNowhereWregget

spidey44 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:55 am I'm going to go alternate money line at -6.5 for the Orange for the extra Juice!
DMac

Post by DMac »

Fischer wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:59 am it’s not Smith and Olivia that are stepping up for this team.
What does this mean?

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”