week 3 games of the week

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Laxattackjack

week 3 games of the week

Post by Laxattackjack »

we have a few good games this week. who ya got?

best game appears to be
Gettysburg at Salisbury.

some other good matchups.

Swarthmore at Eastern.
RMC at SMCM
Cabrini at Lynchburg
Babson at Union

Salisbury
Eastern
SMCM
Lynchburg
Union
SKUD

Re: week 3 games of the week

Post by SKUD »

This is what I had posted yesterday on the game of the week thread:

Salisbury v Gettysburg
any disagreement?

Others of interest;
CNU v Stevenson
Union v Babson
Dickinson v Scranton
Lynchburg v Cabrini
F&M v York

What are your feature games?
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

Definitely the game to watch.

Also if interest is Scranton vs Muhlenberg with both teams looking for a rebound win.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
SaltCounty

Post by SaltCounty »

Gettysburg @ Salisbury is a lock for game of the week.

I think CNU, Dickinson, Lynchburg & York all win with ease, or are clear favorites.
Great games, but not GOW

So, that turns the page to Babson @ Union
Union is 14-0 in the series, with a handful of close games
But momentum @ Babson has been building since Coach Batty took over.
And after a 14-9 loss in last years game, they went 12-4 with 2 NESCAC wins (one in the tournament in a rematch with Williams)

If there is potential for a big upset this weekend - it's this one.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

i think gettysburg has a chance for an upset. it will be tough. i am sure salisbury has had this game circled since last year. need redemption for the only loss last year.
but gettysburg was my most impressive win last week. so i have to give them a fighting chance for a big upset.

CNU and York should roll. but neither game is a lock. both of these games are rematches from last years mustang classic. and both games were good games.
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

SaltCounty wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:54 am Gettysburg @ Salisbury is a lock for game of the week.

I think CNU, Dickinson, Lynchburg & York all win with ease, or are clear favorites.
Great games, but not GOW

And after a 14-9 loss in last years game, they went 12-4 with 2 NESCAC wins (one in the tournament in a rematch with Williams)

Union returns their goalie and Babson will debut a new one. Babson will be looking to replace scoring as Price and Spanberg are gone. It will be an interesting game and I like both teams but I think the Dutchmen take it 14-9.

Williams opens at home 3/2 against Babson, a rematch of the rematch.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

I give Stevenson, at minimum, a puncher’s chance vs CNU. The Captains will be leading off 4 games in 12 days with the Stangs, the final game being Tufts.

Love what Coach Thompson is doing down there, but they’ve fallen prey to “team of destiny syndrome” before. Stevenson has the talent and experience to catch them looking ahead.

If you rank Babson top 15, then beating Union wouldn’t be a huge upset. I’m in the camp of after the top 4 up until about 15-17 you could throw a hat over them, because anyone can reasonably beat anyone.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

Gettysburg vs Salisbury- Young Bullets come out full of confidence and hang with Salusbury into the 4th qtr then it's anybody's game....or young Bullets come out with "overconfidence" and get taken to the woodshed as redemption for last year. I'll go with scenario #1.

Salisbury 13 / Gettysburg 11
CNU by 6
Dickinson by 5
Lynchburg by 4
York by 2
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

DeepPocket wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:37 am I give Stevenson, at minimum, a puncher’s chance vs CNU. The Captains will be leading off 4 games in 12 days with the Stangs, the final game being Tufts.

Love what Coach Thompson is doing down there, but they’ve fallen prey to “team of destiny syndrome” before. Stevenson has the talent and experience to catch them looking ahead.
Agree with the Mustangs take, puncher's chance. Same thing I said about the Bugs and their grad students applies to CNU. Likely all great leaders and individuals, obviously talented. I'm not inside any of these locker rooms to really know if this is a challenge. From the outside, just applying equity theory, I think these squads have to manage the complexity of traditional underclassmen not getting the runs they would naturally get sans 5th & 6th years.
ToeDipper78

Post by ToeDipper78 »

Salisbury v Gettysburg- S will take it cleanly. I know G played great last week, just a hot take.
Scranton v everyone- After taking on Salisbury, play Mules then Dickinson. Muhlenberg game should be a good one. Dickinson game rough on Scranton.
F&M v York- Maybe F&M hangs or maybe it's York clean from start to finish. York W.
Stevenson v CNU- Like CNU but Stevenson will be in it.
Union v Babson- Union by 4 but Babson has to think its their time so maybe but doubt it.
Lynchburg v Cabrini- Lynch goes Hulk and pulls away.
SaltCounty

Post by SaltCounty »

BallHunt wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:33 am
SaltCounty wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:54 am Gettysburg @ Salisbury is a lock for game of the week.

Great games, but not GOW

Union returns their goalie and Babson will debut a new one. Babson will be looking to replace scoring as Price and Spanberg are gone. It will be an interesting game and I like both teams but I think the Dutchmen take it 14-9.

Williams opens at home 3/2 against Babson, a rematch of the rematch.
I hear you on that - Price & Spanberg were great players
Rainville from Conn (7 pts) & freshman Rooney (6 pts) are off to a good start.
Returner Bower had 8
Not to mention - Ike from Trinity did not play v. RWU and could make an impact.

Babson goalie certainly a question mark.
They may have to win via a shootout.
Frank Rizzo

Post by Frank Rizzo »

Stevenson did not look good against AACC and SMCM. I hope they get better as the year goes on or we are going to be in trouble
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

SKUD wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:45 am This is what I had posted yesterday on the game of the week thread:

Salisbury v Gettysburg
any disagreement?

Others of interest;
CNU v Stevenson
Union v Babson
Dickinson v Scranton
Lynchburg v Cabrini
F&M v York

What are your feature games?
no disagreement with game of the Week but I am interested in
Dickinson vs Scranton - was Scranton's scrap with Salisbury a one-off or are they legit? Dickinson pulls out one late vs. a Stevens team who got worked by RPI in a scrimmage
CNU v Stevenson- the only way I see this as close is if Stevenson can win face-offs and control the tempo, CNU has a clear edge in the goal so limiting sots will be key for Stevenson. They have the horses but can they put it together- CNU by several
Union v Babson- Union gets them at home but Babson has a game under their belt, it looks like Babson needs to replace a lot of offense - Union
Lynchburg v Cabrini- disappointing opener for Lynchburg do they bounce back at home against a game Cabrini team on their "Last Ride" heart say Cabrini head says Lynchburg at home and probably a pretty feisty bunch. Cabrini wins in an upset and as revenge for last year's dismantling
F&M v York- F&M has had a habit of playing a weaker early season schedule only to be exposed against top teams. this game provides an early season test that LVC or Arcadia don't. Can they win face-offs can they stop an offense that W&L couldn't. for York which goalie shows up? The won that kept them in the game against RPI or the one from Last week? York wins by several.
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

Another game to keep an eye on is the Randolph Macon vs St. Mary's game on Friday night.
The winner of this game becomes a fringe top 20 team. Both teams have improved over the last few years.
RMC beat Lynchburg last year and St. Mary's put up a great fight against Middlebury in the tournament.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

JustOneTime wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:03 am Another game to keep an eye on is the Randolph Macon vs St. Mary's game on Friday night.
The winner of this game becomes a fringe top 20 team. Both teams have improved over the last few years.
RMC beat Lynchburg last year and St. Mary's put up a great fight against Middlebury in the tournament.
i agree. i like both of those teams. and i think both have a good shot to upset some teams this season
Frank Rizzo

Post by Frank Rizzo »

JustOneTime wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:03 am Another game to keep an eye on is the Randolph Macon vs St. Mary's game on Friday night.
SMCM has a tough OC schedule - Hampton Sydney, Elizabethtown, RMC, Dickinson, Salisbury, and Lynchburg
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Frank Rizzo wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:31 pm
SMCM has a tough OC schedule - Hampton Sydney, Elizabethtown, RMC, Dickinson, Salisbury, and Lynchburg
They absolutely should.
Cabrini/Stevenson did similar a few years back- If you play in a developing or young conference, load up on as many tough OOC games as possible. It's excellent prep for May and a real selling point to recruits. Good work by Coach Childs on challenging the boys.
Jimboi3596

Post by Jimboi3596 »

I like the St.Lawrence vs WNE game on Sunday this week. WNE a sneaky tough team looking to pick up a win against a top 15 team (something they’re not a stranger to the last couple of seasons) and St.Lawrence looking to come make a statement. Don’t be surpsied if WNE steals one this is my pick of the week for a possible upset.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”