Re: NESCAC

Post by SouthieLax »

HighBouncersGo wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:11 am
CradleKing wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:57 am
BallHunt wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:02 am
SaltCounty wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:14 am
pcowlax wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:02 am
RE6ULATOR wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:19 pm
BallHunt wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:58 pm Really like how coach Annino is getting in 2 non-conference games a full week and a half ahead of all NESCAC teams. Should build a solid trajectory for the Bobcats, then dovetail in conference opponents. A freshmen-friendly approach.
That’s what I’m sayin
What are you sayin?
Nothing new here.
Bates has been doing this for years - girls also getting started today.
The school has finals in mid April and teams don't compete.
Notice the gap between Amherst (4/13) and Colby (4/24).
This allows them to make up for missed time.

Bates rolls today
It is a nice season on-ramp for sure. Of the 16 freshmen on the roster I am curious to see how many start against Hamilton.

Think Bates Should dominate in the home jerseys. The Green Mountain State Gasher Quinn Berry should handle Emerson's Offense, while the J's (Captains Jake and Jack) can use this game to show the young bucks how to compete on O for the 'cats. I expect First Year Graham Ray to mix things up at the X.
Not so sure here CradleKing. I wouldn't say the Lions are a pushover team. This Emerson squad is a team that gets up for a weekday game. They played Skidmore tough in their first game. That being said I think Annino's squad should get the dub here if they have properly practiced their clearing this spring. They were a mere 76% last year. All in all am running on 400 mg of pure nitro cold brew from Starbucks and am amped to get the 'Cac season underway. LFG
Bates has a frosh from Delbarton with 3g, 6a at halftime. Not a bad start. Emerson isn’t good but they aren’t terrible this year.
HighBouncersGo

Post by HighBouncersGo »

What a game in Lewiston (?)
Can't tell if Emerson is them or what kind of triple IPAs the Bobcats are drinking thats slowing them down. Bright spot for Bates was the couple of freshmen they got playing. I will say I knew the Emerson squad was going to be ready to play. Bates has Skidmore to look forward to who beat Emerson 12-9 so could be another good tilt. Hats off to the bobcats though for matching their win total from a year ago. I heard Blue Goose tavern has half off pitchers on Wednesdays so the 'Cats might as well go celebrate a win while they can.
Lacrossedad99

Post by Lacrossedad99 »

Here after NJIT is 4-0. What’s up now.
RussianTroll

Post by RussianTroll »

Tufts Universify onkly knew maf not lacrosse,
Only your teacher know this.
HereForIt

Post by HereForIt »

HighBouncersGo wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:52 pm What a game in Lewiston (?)
Can't tell if Emerson is them or what kind of triple IPAs the Bobcats are drinking thats slowing them down. Bright spot for Bates was the couple of freshmen they got playing. I will say I knew the Emerson squad was going to be ready to play. Bates has Skidmore to look forward to who beat Emerson 12-9 so could be another good tilt. Hats off to the bobcats though for matching their win total from a year ago. I heard Blue Goose tavern has half off pitchers on Wednesdays so the 'Cats might as well go celebrate a win while they can.
Keep in mind that same Emerson team played tough against a Trinity team who was just starting to hit their stride last year. Is Emerson good? No, but it seems even Emerson knows this. They suck the life out of the ball, play at a slower pace, and try to make you play their game. Wouldn’t have been too shocked if a young Bates fell for the trap.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

HereForIt wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:26 am
HighBouncersGo wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:52 pm What a game in Lewiston (?)
Keep in mind that same Emerson team played tough against a Trinity team who was just starting to hit their stride last year. Is Emerson good? No, but it seems even Emerson knows this. They suck the life out of the ball, play at a slower pace, and try to make you play their game. Wouldn’t have been too shocked if a young Bates fell for the trap.
Didn’t see the game and can’t say I am familiar with Emerson’s style of play but the game did end 16-15. That would seem awfully high scoring for slowdown stall ball. Bates still has a very long build to respectability but it is nice for them to win a game like that rather than lose it.
smoova

Post by smoova »

pcowlax wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:52 am Didn’t see the game and can’t say I am familiar with Emerson’s style of play but the game did end 16-15. That would seem awfully high scoring for slowdown stall ball. Bates still has a very long build to respectability but it is nice for them to win a game like that rather than lose it.
Didn't see it either, but the box score is wild: Bates won the first half 13-5, Emerson won the second half 10-2.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

RussianTroll wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:08 pm Tufts Universify onkly knew maf not lacrosse,
Only your teacher know this.
This seems like trolling and your name doesn't help your case.
SaltCounty

Post by SaltCounty »

smoova wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:16 am
pcowlax wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:52 am Didn’t see the game and can’t say I am familiar with Emerson’s style of play but the game did end 16-15. That would seem awfully high scoring for slowdown stall ball. Bates still has a very long build to respectability but it is nice for them to win a game like that rather than lose it.
Didn't see it either, but the box score is wild: Bates won the first half 13-5, Emerson won the second half 10-2.
The first year (#33) was impressive with 9 points
The first year FO Mid (#48) was as well, going 20/28.

They will need a complete game & more saves on Saturday.
But definitely in position to earn a good win on the road and meet Hamilton at 2-0 on 3/2
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

SaltCounty wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:03 am

But definitely in position to earn a good win on the road and meet Hamilton at 2-0 on 3/2
Nice for them to start the season with the W. Did not see the game, but based upon the box score, it seems like Emerson decided to lock down the Bates freshman in the 2nd half.
CradleKing

Post by CradleKing »

shorelax12 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:15 am

Nice for them to start the season with the W. Did not see the game, but based upon the box score, it seems like Emerson decided to lock down the Bates freshman in the 2nd half.
I caught the second half of the game and was not impressed with the offense. Looked stagnant and uninspired. To be expected from a young squad, but have to be excited about what is being built in Lewiston. Toland may not have been fantastic stats wise, but the freshman keeper looked the part in net. I know the BC High product won't be afraid to celebrate their first win since March 28th of last year. Hope they can sober up from the mid-week bender in time for this scrappy Skidmore squad.
SaltCounty

Post by SaltCounty »

CradleKing wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:38 am

I caught the second half of the game and was not impressed with the offense. Looked stagnant and uninspired. To be expected from a young squad, but have to be excited about what is being built in Lewiston. Toland may not have been fantastic stats wise, but the freshman keeper looked the part in net. I know the BC High product won't be afraid to celebrate their first win since March 28th of last year. Hope they can sober up from the mid-week bender in time for this scrappy Skidmore squad.
The irony is if you watched the first half, your feelings about each might flip flop.
Bates was without Hartmann (#4) & Evans (#42) in the Midfield.
Surely that will be a boost for the offense when (if) they return.

If the FO Mid can play like that consistently, that will be a huge asset for this Bates team.
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

SaltCounty wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:59 am
CradleKing wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:38 am

The irony is if you watched the first half, your feelings about each might flip flop.
Bates was without Hartmann (#4) & Evans (#42) in the Midfield.
Surely that will be a boost for the offense when (if) they return.

If the FO Mid can play like that consistently, that will be a huge asset for this Bates team.
I guess that goes back to my question, did Emerson simply shut down the freshman in the 2nd half. It will be interesting to see if future opponents put a heavy emphasis on guarding the freshman in order to shut down the offense. Next game should be a good test case.
Lacrossedad99

Post by Lacrossedad99 »

NEILA preseason teams and rankings are a joke.

The fact that Will Rice was a preseason All American and couldn’t get the NEILA nod is a crime.
Last edited by Lacrossedad99 on Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fridgelax

Post by Fridgelax »

Don’t know what you have against the ccc ,other than the nescac they have had much success against all teams in New England ! Newmac is a very good conference but it’s comparable to the ccc! Get your facts straight! I don’t even think you know what the conferences are in New England ! Do some research!
sguy9

Post by sguy9 »

NEILA preseason teams and rankings are a joke.
You should have said, ALL Preseason teams and rankings are a joke...... They are simply put out to create buzz. The NEILA polls area result of which coaches submitted names and then voted. My guess is that the NESCAC coaches/sid's took care of the submissions and other conferences did not.

Take a chill pill and be excited the season has started instead of getting worked up about nonsense and bad mouthing another conference.
SaltCounty

Post by SaltCounty »

Lacrossedad99 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:15 am NEILA preseason teams and rankings are a joke.

Certain teams do not deserve to be top 10 or above others. I.E. Wesleyan over Conn who kicked them out of the nescac playoffs last year. Also Western New England?? All they’ve done is win the CCC with the easiest conference schedule in New England.

The fact that Will Rice was a preseason All American and couldn’t get the NEILA nod is a crime.
WNE beat #11 Lynchburg in the tournament by 4 in 2022
Led #17 Union for 58 minutes in the tournament, last year.
And probably has more wins against NESCAC teams in the last 10-15 years, than anyone.

I agree that Conn should be higher, and some teams lower, based on 2023.
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Good for them - they're welcome for the bulletin board material provided on this thread :lol: . A few Tufts guys are playing at All-Conference/All-American levels in D1. It looks like everyone on both sides of the argument was right.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”