Navy 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Laxinmay

Re: Navy 2024

Post by Laxinmay »

Lets look at all the sport programs at Navy. Army seems to be moving into Pole Position in nearly all sports. Thats the first thing I notice. What is happening in MLAX specifically, well I think some of the other posters have said enough for me to say, change is needed.

Wellner
Georgalas
Chemotti (though he probably would not take it since Sowell is a mentor)
R. Moran
Gilardi
essorcalveritas

Post by essorcalveritas »

No reason Navy shouldn't be able to out-recruit and consistently beat Army in Lax (or any sport for that matter).
This will be a make or break year for this coaching staff. Team is Senior heavy and lots of expectations for this season.
Very disappointed in score v Towson. On paper Navy should have won (according to Vegas).
Its up to the staff to get them ready and get the most our of this team. The next 5 games (as I previously posted) will define the season.

Beat Army
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

TheGoat1999 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:11 pm It's all about the culture, fundamentals, execution and leadership.

Do we have another Goalie that can step in, when #1 is struggling. It seems not so long ago the starting position was up for grabs (Per Coach)

19 turnovers , .370 Save percentage, 1-6 Man Up, 23 GB's , 2 assisted Goals

24- Zero Production

43, 6 and 28 - First Midfield non-existent

Next Five - PSU, BU , LU, Hop and Villa

Those that know Amplo, he will blame everybody but himself !

Go NAVY, beat army
This is Joe Biden's Navy team. Is he (his admin) telling the coach to play 24. I watched the Towson game tonight and 24 is not good.
molo

Post by molo »

¿Qué?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Unknown Participant wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:34 pm This is Joe Biden's Navy team. Is he (his admin) telling the coach to play 24. I watched the Towson game tonight and 24 is not good.
One of the dumbest posts in the combined history of LaxPower and FanLax. Congrats
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:51 am
Unknown Participant wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:34 pm This is Joe Biden's Navy team. Is he (his admin) telling the coach to play 24. I watched the Towson game tonight and 24 is not good.
One of the dumbest posts in the combined history of LaxPower and FanLax. Congrats
:lol: I would have to guess this was an attempt to bring some levity to to the conversation, HopFan
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Dosadi

Post by Dosadi »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:51 am
Concur in full with HopFan16
Hack2022

Post by Hack2022 »

Some players are way over rated. Given to many opportunities.
DongDenMt

Post by DongDenMt »

Are there other D1 programs playing without 5th and 6th year seniors? Or is Navy the only one?
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

DongDenMt wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:55 am Are there other D1 programs playing without 5th and 6th year seniors? Or is Navy the only one?
Ton of programs playing without 5/6 year seniors. Throw in Naps Navy has lots of 5th year guys.
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

Hack2022 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:06 pm Some players are way over rated. Given to many opportunities.
Yes to much stock is put into IL player ratings.
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

DongDenMt wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:55 am Are there other D1 programs playing without 5th and 6th year seniors? Or is Navy the only one?
I would think Ivy League qualifies and of course VMI.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Sorry, this is not all on the players....its the damned system, and has been for a decade. We have already beat the horse so badly, it's now a drum of glue, over the SA recruiting challenges and the limitations of the player profiles that 'want' to even attend a SA.....water under the bridge.

The rub, is what happens when they arrive. I can say with certainty, the players have been handcuffed and shoehorned into mediocrity by continual short comings from staff and inability to adapt to the new(er) evolution of the game. And, I'd argue, it also falls on the darned deep pockets of alum who jockey for position, status, and demands of yesteryear while putting added stress on the staff.

I've worked and watched far too many of these players not reach their potential, while getting stuck in the rut of (easily scouted) choreographed offense. Ask yourself, is Army 'really' getting 'better' players or is "Army" delivering results by "adapting' to the way the game is now being played? I'd argue the latter, and have been for quite some time.

I know Amplo is trying the get this through their heads when he commented that you guys are no different than any other lax player in D1, he caught a bunch crap for that. I do not believe it was an intended slight at MIDS, rather an attempt that 'YOU can compete' with the best of them. Only problem.....start back at the top of this post and read again. The answer is in there.

Go Navy!
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
old salt

Post by old salt »

Turnandrake wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:59 am
Throw in Naps Navy has lots of 5th year guys.
Not that much anymore. Most of the playing time is now logged by direct entries.
ExLax

Post by ExLax »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:08 pm ....its the damned system, and has been for a decade. We have already beat the horse so badly, it's now a drum of glue, over the SA recruiting challenges and the limitations of the player profiles that 'want' to even attend a SA.....water under the bridge.

The rub, is what happens when they arrive. I can say with certainty, the players have been handcuffed and shoehorned into mediocrity by continual short comings from staff and inability to adapt to the new(er) evolution of the game. And, I'd argue, it also falls on the darned deep pockets of alum who jockey for position, status, and demands of yesteryear while putting added stress on the staff.
<<>>

^ +1, an early nomination for the Watch List for the board 2024 POY (Post of the Year)
Abr2016

Post by Abr2016 »

Big one vs Penn State this weekend. I would imagine we will see the Mids best effort.
DongDenMt

Post by DongDenMt »

Having gone thru the naps experience with several kids now i am surprised anyone would equate that year with a redshirt year at a regular college.

I have had two highly recruited for non football USNA varsity sports. If someone really wanted to reach the highest level of their sport , if that was what was important, I’d never suggest a military academy.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:08 pm Sorry, this is not all on the players....its the damned system, and has been for a decade. We have already beat the horse so badly, it's now a drum of glue, over the SA recruiting challenges and the limitations of the player profiles that 'want' to even attend a SA.....water under the bridge.

I've worked and watched far too many of these players not reach their potential, while getting stuck in the rut of (easily scouted) choreographed offense. Ask yourself, is Army 'really' getting 'better' players or is "Army" delivering results by "adapting' to the way the game is now being played? I'd argue the latter, and have been for quite some time.

I know Amplo is trying the get this through their heads when he commented that you guys are no different than any other lax player in D1, he caught a bunch crap for that. I do not believe it was an intended slight at MIDS, rather an attempt that 'YOU can compete' with the best of them. Only problem.....start back at the top of this post and read again. The answer is in there.

Go Navy!
Was it the "damned system" when Coach Sowell had the Mids within 1 goal of the FF? Nice to see the Navy board is still as angry as ever..
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

FMUBart wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:05 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:08 pm Sorry, this is not all on the players....its the damned system, and has been for a decade. We have already beat the horse so badly, it's now a drum of glue, over the SA recruiting challenges and the limitations of the player profiles that 'want' to even attend a SA.....water under the bridge.

Go Navy!
Was it the "damned system" when Coach Sowell had the Mids within 1 goal of the FF? Nice to see the Navy board is still as angry as ever..
Ask the players from that team what was the difference in their success…..you might not like the answer.

EDIT: and for the record, you and I often went back and forth during that era, where I was in his corner, with optimism for quite some time...until even it became that the dodge to die offense become the staple and GT6 was smoked by halftime.
~Livy
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

“Show me a good coach and I’ll show you good players” John Wooden

You can have all the plays/sets you want, lacrosse is still “draw and dump” imho…if you don’t have guys that can draw a slide and effectively move the ball and have guys finish(Canadians), good luck beating the top D1 teams.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”