Brown 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
BrownDad

Re: Brown 2024

Post by BrownDad »

Anybody see the scrimmage against Tufts yesterday?
IvyBrown

Post by IvyBrown »

Played 5 - 15 min periods
Brown went out to 5-0 lead in first. Think ended 5-2.
Second tufts reversed it - third and 4th largely controlled by brown. Tufts is good 43 for brown lefty was most effective goal scorer in opening
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Just took another look at the '24 schedule. Of the 14 opponents, only Quinnipiac, PC and Dartmouth are not ranked or "receiving votes" in today's IL poll. The opening stretch after Q is BU, PC, @Georgetown, @Maryland, and @Penn. Brutal. We will have a good idea after that stretch whether this team has rebounded from the suspension-related swoon last year. If the boys can open with a 3-2 record, that would be a big boost in confidence.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Anyone happen to notice Ben Scandone playing for Brown? Transfer in, smaller in stature but looks like he’s a worker who punches above his weight.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Or the soph Notre Dame attack transfer #66, listed 6'3", 210? With that size he would stand out at attack. Only got in one game for ND last year, 0/0, but not a lot of need for a frosh attackman on that team last year.

ETA: loooonnng ago I saw ND at Brown with their (freshman, IIRC) attackman who was the football tight end, later transferred to Maryland. 6'5", eleventy-hundred pounds. Think he went 5/1 in the game. Didn't necessarily run over people, more like they just bounced off him.
Counselor

Post by Counselor »

Yes, Scandone, the Drexel tfer, may be the fastest (runs by defenders) on the team- very high lax IQ….the ND tfer is injured and out for the season…..solid win vs. Tufts Saturday …# 43 would be Aiden McLane who is expected to score….fall scrimmage at Rutgers exposed a lot; Tufts scrimmage Sat. helped restore some confidence…..Georgetown to play @Brown in ‘25 after this season’s @ Georgetown…..C.T. in goal Sat. at Q……BU at home Tuesday afternoon…..5 goalies available this season …..FO a concern but 2 different styles available……coaches claim several smart more than athletic defensemen in the mix….SOS way up this season…..maybe Brown can surprise …..goalie will have to rebound from last season and avoid those slow starts in most of his games…..
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Counselor wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:39 pm Yes, Scandone, the Drexel tfer, may be the fastest (runs by defenders) on the team- very high lax IQ….the ND tfer is injured and out for the season…..solid win vs. Tufts Saturday …# 43 would be Aiden McLane who is expected to score….fall scrimmage at Rutgers exposed a lot; Tufts scrimmage Sat. helped restore some confidence…..Georgetown to play @Brown in ‘25 after this season’s @ Georgetown…..C.T. in goal Sat. at Q……BU at home Tuesday afternoon…..5 goalies available this season …..FO a concern but 2 different styles available……coaches claim several smart more than athletic defensemen in the mix….SOS way up this season…..maybe Brown can surprise …..goalie will have to rebound from last season and avoid those slow starts in most of his games…..
I think I broke down most of this code, but "C.T. in goal Sat. at Q..." is Connor Therieult in goal Sat. v Quinnipiac ... and you think he had some bad starts last year? Who of the other 4 gks do you like if CT continues w/slow starts?
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Unknown Participant wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:25 pm ... Who of the other 4 gks do you like if CT continues w/slow starts?

Soph Laferriere was used out-of-net end-of-game last year when Brown was down & needed turnovers. Don't know how he is as a stopper, but the obvious speed & quickness would be fun if he's allowed a Queener style of play.
Jr Demopoulos & freshman Foley had good ratings out of high school. IIRC junior Lopez is a walk on, so not much known.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Revenge game tomorrow vs Quinnipiac. Bad loss to them last year so let’s bring it boys!!
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Cleaned up faceoff in 2nd Q, goalie got better Q2 also, first game issues, can anyone besides AMac draw a slide? Tough from tv to tell if Quinn goalie is playing great or if Brown is making it easy for him. He had 1 great stop on left pipe just before half.
Brown women up on #22 Umass.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Well no carryover from Q2 uptick. 2yrs in a row falling to Quinnipiac
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Don't know if replay is available on Q website, so-
As near as I could tell from the tv feed the main lineup was
A- 22, 38, 43, 42. 42 more at midfield I think.
D- 21, 35, 44. Saw 50 at times I think.
G- 11. 37 got in when they had to go empty net.
M- 10, 13, 29, 42 offense.
2, 4, 5, 23, & others mostly D but some 2-way
LSM- 19, 39, 88
FO- 77 tough start, 6
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

bearlaxfan wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:07 pm Well no carryover from Q2 uptick. 2yrs in a row falling to Quinnipiac
Tough way to start the season - Ughh! I'm going to chalk it up to the late Ivy League start. Let's have a great week of practice and let's re-group. Coaches need to step it up and players need to make it happen.
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

[/quote]
Tough way to start the season - Ughh! I'm going to chalk it up to the late Ivy League start. Let's have a great week of practice and let's re-group. Coaches need to step it up and players need to make it happen.
[/quote]

Uh, that week of practice is condensed to two days. BU on Tuesday.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

...scrimmage at Rutgers exposed a lot; Tufts scrimmage Sat. helped restore some confidence…..
I don't want to knock on the Quinnipiac play-by-play announcer, young gent who's either doing it as a sideline or just starting out in the business, but several times he mentioned the cold as maybe affecting Brown's play, until the young woman doing color noted that it was cold for both teams. So let's chalk the result up to first-game rust. But whatever confidence Bruno nation went in with has taken a hit.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Check the Men's Lax website for some updated start times relative to the schedule's original posting.

Let's go Bruno: don't let the start become the trend!
baylax72

Post by baylax72 »

Hoping for a bounce back win today. Can't continue the trend of every goalie having his best performance against Bruno. Bury the shots!
middleAgedBear

Post by middleAgedBear »

Mcclane went on a nice run to get it to 11-10 with 7’(?) left in 4th but wheels fell off, again. Wheels were never really on actually. Why so many open inside looks on doorstep? TBH, both teams looked pretty bad. What was up with Dalys halftime interview? Weird and out of touch.
IvyBrown

Post by IvyBrown »

Any link to a replay of the game?
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

IvyBrown wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:44 pm Any link to a replay of the game?
ESPN+ Can't linky. Hilights should show on youtube eventually.

Well they showed some fight, but it was almost like BU said: "oh getting close? Watch this...". Not quite that bad, but not good. AMac is such a threat you'd think other guys would get open shots, and he's an ok passer, but the offense is #43 so far this year.

Bear's ride was effective in the first half, but they didn't do much with it. BU: 5 goals in first 5 mins of 3rd Q. That's some halftime talk.
FO was 50/50ish until BU made a change later 3rd, then it went Terrier's way.
Theriault was <50%, but BU had numerous quickstick crease goals. He made many nice saves.

Brown moved #21 to close & #35 to LSM, & 35 did yeoman work creating havoc. We'll see if this continues Sat.
Next home game is one month away, although next week at PC is a crosstown trip.

The new tv camera location is worse than the position on the old scrap-wood pressbox.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”