OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Take a Bow, 2004wrongisland

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

2004wrongisland wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:01 pm Any prior predictions regarding UNC need to be reevaluated given the chatter coming out of Tar Heel country regarding injuries. I've heard secondhand that Brooklyn Walker - Welch is out for a couple of months with a leg injury, Marissa White is out for the year with a leg injury, Kaleigh Harden is out for the year with a leg injury and Chloe Humphrey is currently sidelined with a leg injury. That's a lot of talent to lose, even for a team with such a great talent base.

I suspect that on Memorial Day weekend we will be watching another Northwestern- BC Final.
Take a bow, 2004wrongisland. You broke this news back on Wednesday January 31st. In spite of the poo-pooers and the skeptics, you were right. Nice job, Scoop!

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ason/62529
OuttaNowhereWregget

My Updated Preseason Top 20

1. Northwestern
2. Boston College
3. Denver
4. Syracuse
5. James Madison

6. Maryland
7. Notre Dame
8. North Carolina
9. Florida
10. Loyola

11. Stony Brook
12. Michigan
13. Johns Hopkins
14. Pennsylvania
15. Virginia Tech

16. Clemson
17. Penn St
18. USC
19. Army
20. Navy
user1020

Re: Who will be the starting 7 in the offensive zone for the Heels?

Post by user1020 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:17 pm Image

First 6
A. Humphrey
Wurzburger
Casey
Godine
Alyssa Long
Dirks

Next 3
Mottice
Felter
Student

UNC depth on attack (before injuries) was crazy. However the midfield is lacking
OuttaNowhereWregget

Johns Hopkins at Albany - Opening Day Game Streamed

Not to get anyone’s hopes up (least of all, my own) but there may possibly be a way to watch Hop’s opening day game at Albany...

hmmm

Re: Johns Hopkins at Albany - Opening Day Game Streamed

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:24 am Not to get anyone’s hopes up (least of all, my own) but there may possibly be a way to watch Hop’s opening day game at Albany...

Yes. You will be able to watch at this url:

https://americaeast.com/watch/default.aspx?Live=13586
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Johns Hopkins at Albany - Opening Day Game Streamed

hmmm wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:34 am Yes. You will be able to watch at this url:

https://americaeast.com/watch/default.aspx?Live=13586
Very cool. Now we just have to hope the camerawork is decent. (Bad announcers can always be muted.)
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

user1020 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:56 pm

First 6
A. Humphrey
Wurzburger
Casey
Godine
Alyssa Long
Dirks

Next 3
Mottice
Felter
Student

UNC depth on attack (before injuries) was crazy. However the midfield is lacking
I think this is spot on ... but note that due to midfield weaknesses, I think UNC runs two D-mids/A-mids out of the box and only runs one mid. This will also keep Dirks and Long fresher. Student is still a question mark to me. Let's see how she comes back from injury.
MolonLaxe

Re: OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

Post by MolonLaxe »

A small update in reference to EMU and how their season may go. I did a little digging and learned they had significant wins in two of their scrimmages to start the season, having beaten two teams by 10+ goals. My understanding is that they were up by 10 in each game sometime in the 3rd. EMU was smoked by both of these teams last season when they scrimmaged.

While no one probably cares about EMU, they have improved. While I believe ND will win, EMU may be able to keep it closer to respectable than some believe. ND fans won't agree. :lol:

I am always grateful that the degrees of separation are minimal and it seems like you can always find a player that knows a player on whatever team you'd like to get inside info. I love this sport.
OuttaNowhereWregget

MolonLaxe wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:34 pm I love this sport.
You and me both.

And I hope EMU has a leave-it-all-out-there game vs the Irish and great rest of the season.
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

The only thing that might help EMU is that Akron, Detroit and Youngstown State might be 3 of the worst college teams in the country. They scrimmaged Detroit who they split with last year. They also scrimmaged GVSU but you never know how teams treat scrimmages. EMU might have a better record this year but aren't close to keeping the game this weekend competitive. We will see if you are right but think the MAC is still awarding their automatic bid to the tallest midget.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

laxfan9999 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:50 pm The only thing that might help EMU is that Akron, Detroit and Youngstown State might be 3 of the worst college teams in the country. They scrimmaged Detroit who they split with last year. They also scrimmaged GVSU but you never know how teams treat scrimmages. EMU might have a better record this year but aren't close to keeping the game this weekend competitive. We will see if you are right but think the MAC is still awarding their automatic bid to the tallest midget.
You're discounting what EMU's head coach, Sara Tisdale, did to build her CMU program into what it is today. Her coaching staff at CMU included the now head coach at GVSU and a former assistant now working for Michigan. She knows how to ID talent and she develops good assistants. We will see how the season pans out--the MAC developing good lacrosse only helps the sport.
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

UNC’s depth is crazy. Think about this…White and Humphrey are out for season and now you have to roll with:

Casey
Wurzburger
Godine
A Humphrey

Teams could only be so lucky.
OuttaNowhereWregget

intheknow247 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:51 pm UNC’s depth is crazy. Think about this…White and Humphrey are out for season and now you have to roll with:

Casey
Wurzburger
Godine
A Humphrey

Who's the stud leader when the team needs a goal during crunch time? Talent and depth--sure; but will the offensive unit gel? We'll get an excellent first look at how the Heels plan to attack this Saturday vs JMU. Big time test. I got the Dukes by 3-ish.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:08 pm
intheknow247 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:51 pm UNC’s depth is crazy. Think about this…White and Humphrey are out for season and now you have to roll with:

Casey
Wurzburger
Godine
A Humphrey

Who's the stud leader when the team needs a goal during crunch time? Talent and depth--sure; but will the offensive unit gel? We'll get an excellent first look at how the Heels plan to attack this Saturday vs JMU. Big time test. I got the Dukes by 3-ish.
I like your optimism, but still think UNC on top by 2 - count me in as another heel hater too.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Big Ten Announces 2024 Women's Lacrosse Television Schedule

ONE game for Hop? One. And 5 for Maryland. And folks wonder at my schadenfreude toward Maryland... Alright then.

3.3 Oregon at Rutgers
3.16 Maryland at Ohio State
3.22 Northwestern at Penn State
3.24 Rutgers at Maryland
3.27 Penn at Maryland
3.28 Penn State at Ohio State
3.30 Maryland at Michigan
3.30 Rutgers at Northwestern

4.6 Northwestern at Maryland
4.18 Johns Hopkins at Penn State
4.21 Northwestern at Michigan

5.2 Big Ten Semifinal
5.2 Big Ten Semifinal
5.4 Big Ten Championship

The 2024 women’s lacrosse season will feature 14 games aired live on the Big Ten Network (BTN). The broadcast schedule will include 11 regular season contests, along with the 2024 Big Ten Women’s Lacrosse Tournament semifinals and championship game.

Women’s lacrosse coverage on BTN will begin on Sunday, March 3, when Rutgers plays host to future Big Ten member Oregon.

A conference-high five Maryland games will be broadcast on BTN, one more than Northwestern, while Penn State and Rutgers will make three appearances.

BTN will also broadcast the Big Ten tournament both semifinals and championship game from Northwestern’s Lanny and Sharon Martin Stadium on May 2 and 4.

https://bigten.org/news/2024/2/1/genera ... edule.aspx
MolonLaxe

Re: Big Ten Announces 2024 Women's Lacrosse Television Schedule

Post by MolonLaxe »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:30 pm ONE game for Hop? One. And 5 for Maryland. And folks wonder at my schadenfreude toward Maryland... Alright then.

3.3 Oregon at Rutgers
3.24 Rutgers at Maryland
3.27 Penn at Maryland

5.2 Big Ten Semifinal
5.2 Big Ten Semifinal
5.4 Big Ten Championship

The 2024 women’s lacrosse season will feature 14 games aired live on the Big Ten Network (BTN). The broadcast schedule will include 11 regular season contests, along with the 2024 Big Ten Women’s Lacrosse Tournament semifinals and championship game.

Women’s lacrosse coverage on BTN will begin on Sunday, March 3, when Rutgers plays host to future Big Ten member Oregon.

A conference-high five Maryland games will be broadcast on BTN, one more than Northwestern, while Penn State and Rutgers will make three appearances.

BTN will also broadcast the Big Ten tournament both semifinals and championship game from Northwestern’s Lanny and Sharon Martin Stadium on May 2 and 4.

Besides a penchant for watching some of the boys games, there's almost no reason to pay for BTN this year. Super weak.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

MolonLaxe wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:15 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:30 pm ONE game for Hop? One. And 5 for Maryland. And folks wonder at my schadenfreude toward Maryland... Alright then.

3.3 Oregon at Rutgers
3.24 Rutgers at Maryland
3.27 Penn at Maryland

5.2 Big Ten Semifinal
5.2 Big Ten Semifinal
5.4 Big Ten Championship

Besides a penchant for watching some of the boys games, there's almost no reason to pay for BTN this year. Super weak.
These are just the games on actual BTN. Every other B1G game will stream on BTN+ with the exception of the couple Hopkins games on ESPN.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

hmmm wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:17 pm
MolonLaxe wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:15 pm

3.3 Oregon at Rutgers
3.24 Rutgers at Maryland
3.27 Penn at Maryland

5.2 Big Ten Semifinal
5.2 Big Ten Semifinal
5.4 Big Ten Championship

These are just the games on actual BTN. Every other B1G game will stream on BTN+ with the exception of the couple Hopkins games on ESPN.
Oh I get that. My point is, I'll just drop their cable tier I still pay for so I don't pay for BTN (regular channel).
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

3.3 Oregon at Rutgers
3.24 Rutgers at Maryland
3.27 Penn at Maryland

5.2 Big Ten Semifinal
5.2 Big Ten Semifinal
5.4 Big Ten Championship

:shock: How are they not showing Syracuse @ NU this sat??? Unbelievable. :roll: yes, I get that it will be streamed, but still...

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”