HSC vs UMW scrimmage

D3 Mens Lacrosse
ScottieRodgers

HSC vs UMW scrimmage

Post by ScottieRodgers »

Just watched Mary Washington beat HSC by about 5 goals… no score was kept and this was just a spring scrimmage but Hampden Sydney appears to be having trouble replacing Perry at goalie. Mary Washington had a few new faces getting in the mix. It will be interesting to see how these teams do this year.
d3laxblog

Re: HSC vs UMW scrimmage

Post by d3laxblog »

UMW won 22-11, it hink this mary washington team has a great chance of being ranked this coming season. Their energy and play style was high.
Laxaholic123

Post by Laxaholic123 »

d3laxblog wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:10 pm UMW won 22-11, it hink this mary washington team has a great chance of being ranked this coming season. Their energy and play style was high.
As much as I would like to see UMW ranked, they would have to go 6-0, maybe 7-0, before cracking the top 20 with their SoS
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

I don’t see how MW is ranked unless they beat SU. even if they are undefeated going into the SU game, I don’t think that is enough. The best team they face until SU is Roanoke or Eastern, and they won’t be ranked.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Laxattackjack wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:12 pm I don’t see how MW is ranked unless they beat SU. even if they are undefeated going into the SU game, I don’t think that is enough. The best team they face until SU is Roanoke or Eastern, and they won’t be ranked.
That goes for all of the bottom 4 teams in the conference. The only way to get in the dance would be to run their schedules and finish with 3 losses against SU/CNU. Maybe they get lucky and pick off one the the giants and finish with 2 losses, not likely that's happening.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

laxdad1434 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:55 am
Laxattackjack wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:12 pm I don’t see how MW is ranked unless they beat SU. even if they are undefeated going into the SU game, I don’t think that is enough. The best team they face until SU is Roanoke or Eastern, and they won’t be ranked.
That goes for all of the bottom 4 teams in the conference. The only way to get in the dance would be to run their schedules and finish with 3 losses against SU/CNU. Maybe they get lucky and pick off one the the giants and finish with 2 losses, not likely that's happening.
Beating eastern is the first test. Eastern might compete for the MAC this year
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Laxattackjack wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:04 am
Why are so many people high on Eastern?
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

laxdad1434 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:09 am
They played York and Stevenson tough last year. They were leading Stevenson in the playoffs for the first 3 qtr. they bring back some solid players. Could have the best attack in the MAC
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Laxattackjack wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:21 am
They played York and Stevenson tough last year. They were leading Stevenson in the playoffs for the first 3 qtr. they bring back some solid players. Could have the best attack in the MAC
They lost to every good team they played, some badly.
Laxaholic123

Post by Laxaholic123 »

WAC's home opener vs Eastern should be a good indicator for both teams.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

laxdad1434 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:33 am
Laxattackjack wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:21 am
They lost to every good team they played, some badly.
Eastern brings back a lot of their team plus they added a couple of transfers. they were very close to beating Stevenson in the MAC semi-finals and I think that they can beat them this year as they have them at home. Eastern is a solid team that will give MW a tough time.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”