HopFan16 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:25 pm
terp talk wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:30 pm Braden Erksa
Eric Malever
Daniel Kelly
Eric Spanos

Not one makes the Top 50?

We shall see
2-1 against the final four in 2023
The only one on this list who has an argument is Erksa. Kelly and Spanos aren't close. Malever maybe if he was healthy but he's coming off a catastrophic leg injury so it's probably best to take a wait and see approach. For the same reason I thought they should have left off PSU's Posey, but at least he played last year.
A healthy Posey is a top 50 player. He is just fine. He should have a monster year
10stone5

Re: IL's Top 50 Men's College Lacrosse Players For 2024

Post by 10stone5 »

OSVAlacrosse wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:52 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:25 pm
terp talk wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:30 pm Braden Erksa
Eric Malever
Daniel Kelly
Eric Spanos

Not one makes the Top 50?

We shall see
2-1 against the final four in 2023
The only one on this list who has an argument is Erksa. Kelly and Spanos aren't close. Malever maybe if he was healthy but he's coming off a catastrophic leg injury so it's probably best to take a wait and see approach. For the same reason I thought they should have left off PSU's Posey, but at least he played last year.
A healthy Posey is a top 50 player. He is just fine. He should have a monster year
Its possible or even probable that IL got the inside scoop that Posey fully recovered, assuming that’s actually the case,

and that’s why he is on the list.
Last edited by 10stone5 on Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Just to be cleared there’s something like 3,000 D1 kids. Even if you cut it in half or 2/3 to eliminate the way out of money options. Everyone is arguing about their guys being between to top 1.5-5% of all players in D1. Some folks are arguing half their starters should be on the list.

If these folks are correct then this isn’t a healthy metric and speaks to the lack of real competition across the landscape. Or they are wrong.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

keno in reno wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:47 pm Plunkett made it, deservingly so, and Erksa had slightly better stats against better competition.
Plunkett is a midfielder, he doesn't play every offensive possession, and he played in fewer games.
10stone5 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:41 am Its possible or even probable that IL got the inside scoop that Posey fully recovered, assuming that’s actually the case,

When IL made this list, Posey was 5-6 months removed from tearing his ACL. There is no way he was "fully recovered." I don't doubt that he'll be recovered enough to play once the season starts, but that's different from being effective. If you're not at least factoring in the possibility of a dip, then you're making a mistake.
coda

Post by coda »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:55 am
keno in reno wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:47 pm Plunkett made it, deservingly so, and Erksa had slightly better stats against better competition.
Plunkett is a midfielder, he doesn't play every offensive possession, and he played in fewer games.
10stone5 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:41 am Its possible or even probable that IL got the inside scoop that Posey fully recovered, assuming that’s actually the case,

When IL made this list, Posey was 5-6 months removed from tearing his ACL. There is no way he was "fully recovered." I don't doubt that he'll be recovered enough to play once the season starts, but that's different from being effective. If you're not at least factoring in the possibility of a dip, then you're making a mistake.
It is highly unlikely that Posey will start the season at 100%. Possible he is there by the end of the season, but who knows. I doubt his doctors or even Posey himself knows where he will be when the season starts, let alone Inside Lacrosse.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Yes PPG is often ignored while folks point to SOS.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

coda wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:11 am

It is highly unlikely that Posey will start the season at 100%. Possible he is there by the end of the season, but who knows. I doubt his doctors or even Posey himself knows where he will be when the season starts, let alone Inside Lacrosse.
Maybe they saw him at a blood transfusion joint in Germany with Lebron??

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”