Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ardilla secreta

Re: Orange Duce

Post by ardilla secreta »

Good Evening Ladies and Germs.
Coming to a stage near you, documents on US nuclear programs, potential US military vulnerabilities, and plans for US retaliation in the event of an attack. Tell all your friends and enemies as they’ll surely want to see this act.
IMG_1033.jpeg
IMG_1033.jpeg (98 KiB) Viewed 419 times
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I find it hard to believe trump still wants to run again. It will be rather enjoyable watching all of his opponents rub his nose in this. I don't think can handle all the grief that he will be getting. The I'm an innocent man BS is a freaking joke as is trump.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Page is gone. Appears some speech isn't protected by Mr. Laissez Faire...
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:08 pm
Still there….
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:29 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:08 pm
Evels
Still there….
Indeed. Weird.

Thanks for this. Humorous on a few levels.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:54 am
old salt wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:12 pm I'm not denying that Trump screwed up. I'm questioning the hype about what he had & who saw it ? The real damage done ?

Has anything popped online from this stuff, like Snowden, Manning, or DIscord leaks. It's political.
Baloney.
Had the stupid former Dopus simply returned the documents to the Feds when they asked for them (as both Pence and Biden have done) - there would be no problem.

But he didn't and for extra criminal credit the jerk also did a whole bunch of other illegal activity including obstruction, conspiracy and lying to federal authorities.

Read the effing indictment.

I'm sure you think this is hilarious as well and likely worthy of another wisecrack from you
https://www.justsecurity.org/86887/nati ... ssessment/
I read the indictment. You should read what I posted.

I'm not denying guilt, as charged. I'm questioning the hype about what he retained, who saw it & if it was compromised. The damage assessment.

I'm also pointing out the double standard which will produce a public backlash.
old salt

Post by old salt »

If you're going to post tweets, please have the courtesy to copy & paste the contents for the benefit of non-subscribers.
Thank You.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:24 am
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:46 am
a fan wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:41 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:25 pm Smashing blackberries with a hammer is on the up and up. But it was just an accidental error in judgement. :roll:
I take it you boys are forgetting that Powell and Rice were caught in this nonsense, too? And no one cared?

Where we differ? I would have had no problem with the Government indicting Powell, Rice, and Clinton for stupidity....by throwing the book at them, and treating them to a higher standard than rank and file Federal employees for screwing around with Federal security measures. Biden, too. Even if was accidental....rub their nose in the poo like you would a dog. The 1%ers will finally get the message.

What you and others want to do is let your favored 1%ers walk because they're in your party, so you don't care what they do.

Your reaction is why they get away with this stuff, YA. You should be screaming bloody murder about Trump if you want folks to do something to the folks in the other party like Hillary.

Otherwise? It's partisan whining, and who the F listens to that? No one. It's hypocrisy, and nothing more.
You just validated our point, with an argument.....no surprise there. ;) :lol:
No, I didn't.

You "forgot" to do this part: You should be screaming bloody murder about Trump if you want folks to do something to the folks in the other party like Hillary.

Start there. Send emails, write your reps, lose your mind over THAT. Tell them you'd rather vote for a tree stump than have Trump as your nominee. Hammer anyone who apologizes for Trump's behavior.

NONE of that has happened. And none of this WILL happen. You're acting like we can't remember how you folks behaved during Trump. Not only did you guys not criticize anything he did? You handed out excuses like party favors-----and mocked anyone who criticized him. TDS ring a bell?

So no, my man, not only am I not making your point.....you and the other folks here will go right back to this behavior when DeSantis takes office.

And we both know it. ;) Change your behavior? All these problems go away.
Actually you did, rather poignantly. We 'have been' fussing about each and every classified doc/electronic device mishandling while under the US' trust as a card carrying member of the 'clearance community'. The entire argument is that each and every blue affiliated clearance breaker has received note even a slap on the wrist.....so to your point, we should expect to see the same here, why? b/c a break in security clearance standards, is a break in security clearance standards. We can play this game all day......I say fry him, especially if he put our military in jeopardy.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:46 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:25 pm Smashing blackberries with a hammer is on the up and up. But it was just an accidental error in judgement. :roll:
I take it you boys are forgetting that Powell and Rice were caught in this nonsense, too? And no one cared?

Where we differ? I would have had no problem with the Government indicting Powell, Rice, and Clinton for stupidity....by throwing the book at them, and treating them to a higher standard than rank and file Federal employees for screwing around with Federal security measures. Biden, too. Even if was accidental....rub their nose in the poo like you would a dog. The 1%ers will finally get the message.

What you and others want to do is let your favored 1%ers walk because they're in your party, so you don't care what they do.

Your reaction is why they get away with this stuff, YA. You should be screaming bloody murder about Trump if you want folks to do something to the folks in the other party like Hillary.

Otherwise? It's partisan whining, and who the F listens to that? No one. It's hypocrisy, and nothing more.
No, I didn't.

You "forgot" to do this part: You should be screaming bloody murder about Trump if you want folks to do something to the folks in the other party like Hillary.

Start there. Send emails, write your reps, lose your mind over THAT. Tell them you'd rather vote for a tree stump than have Trump as your nominee. Hammer anyone who apologizes for Trump's behavior.

NONE of that has happened. And none of this WILL happen. You're acting like we can't remember how you folks behaved during Trump. Not only did you guys not criticize anything he did? You handed out excuses like party favors-----and mocked anyone who criticized him. TDS ring a bell?

So no, my man, not only am I not making your point.....you and the other folks here will go right back to this behavior when DeSantis takes office.

Actually you did, rather poignantly. We 'have been' fussing about each and every classified doc/electronic device mishandling while under the US' trust as a card carrying member of the 'clearance community'. The entire argument is that each and every blue affiliated clearance breaker has received note even a slap on the wrist.....so to your point, we should expect to see the same here, why? b/c a break in security clearance standards, is a break in security clearance standards. We can play this game all day......I say fry him, especially if he put our military in jeopardy.
Former DOPUS' mentor, Roy Cohn, got the Rosenberg's fried - why not? :oops:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Ah, we're talking about two different things.

You're talking about the event itself. I thought you were talking about Americans reaction to the event(s).

Sorry about that.

And yes, I agree. Tighten the rules on the top US officials is the next step.....whether that's military or political. Give them teeth. Then there are no more "whoopsies, I forgot to return this" games, because that will have consequences, too.

Hoping the DoD review tightens both who has access to stuff, and how docs are handled. We're unlikely to hear about those details for obvious reasons. We just have to hope they make improvements on that count.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:22 pm
Ah, we're talking about two different things.

You're talking about the event itself. I thought you were talking about Americans reaction to the event(s).

Sorry about that.

And yes, I agree. Tighten the rules on the top US officials is the next step.....whether that's military or political. Give them teeth. Then there are no more "whoopsies, I forgot to return this" games, because that will have consequences, too.

Hoping the DoD review tightens both who has access to stuff, and how docs are handled. We're unlikely to hear about those details for obvious reasons. We just have to hope they make improvements on that count.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

No, I didn't.

So if one person gets away with rape or murder then they all should?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

old salt wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:21 pm
If you're going to post tweets, please have the courtesy to copy & paste the contents for the benefit of non-subscribers.
Thank You.
Sorry. It was a video, so I was unable to “copy and paste the contents.” As you likely know, I usually attach the article URL, and the article text itself for folks who hit a paywall or otherwise cannot access the content.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:09 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:12 pm I'm not denying that Trump screwed up. I'm questioning the hype about what he had & who saw it ? The real damage done ?

Has anything popped online from this stuff, like Snowden, Manning, or DIscord leaks. It's political.
Baloney.
Had the stupid former Dopus simply returned the documents to the Feds when they asked for them (as both Pence and Biden have done) - there would be no problem.

But he didn't and for extra criminal credit the jerk also did a whole bunch of other illegal activity including obstruction, conspiracy and lying to federal authorities.

I'm sure you think this is hilarious as well and likely worthy of another wisecrack from you

I'm not denying guilt, as charged. I'm questioning the hype about what he retained, who saw it & if it was compromised. The damage assessment.

Is your "hype" issue that you think that the content of what he "retained" (and hid and lied about) wasn't actually dangerous to national interest and national security? Are you claiming that the indictment "hypes" their seriousness?

Or do you think that the two instances where they can prove he showed such to others not cleared are no big deal?

Or are you saying that if, say, secret docs about Iran's or Israel's nuclear program, details about invasion plans of Iran, or some such were shown to the Saudis it would only matter if those secrets then showed up in social media???

Do you imagine that an official "damage assessment" on any disclosures would actually be made public? Are you kidding? That would be classified at the highest levels, as the only important aspect would be mitigation and the public has no need to know about what those steps need to be.

And it's correct that MAGA-world is claiming double standards, for their political interest, but repeating that BS as if actually valid is gonna get stepped on here. Again, French, no fan of Obama, Clinton, Biden, etc, was quite clear about the difference, thus NO double standard.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:45 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:09 pm

Baloney.

Is your "hype" issue that you think that the content of what he "retained" (and hid and lied about) wasn't actually dangerous to national interest and national security? Are you claiming that the indictment "hypes" their seriousness?
The media is hyping the seriousness, without knowing what the damage assessment was. The indictment is silent on the damage assessment. There's no disclaimer or reference to a damage assessment that would discourage or temper such hype.

Or do you think that the two instances where they can prove he showed such to others not cleared are no big deal?
Not specific enough to know yet. Who were they & what did subsequent investigations of them uncover ?

Or are you saying that if, say, secret docs about Iran's or Israel's nuclear program, details about invasion plans of Iran, or some such were shown to the Saudis it would only matter if those secrets then showed up in social media???
You're speculating. We have no indication that there was a compromise beyond the individuals who saw the documents or heard Trump refer to them.

Do you imagine that an official "damage assessment" on any disclosures would actually be made public? Are you kidding?
Not in specific terms, but it would be referencewd in the indictment, in general terms, just like the descriptions of the documents in the indictment.That would be classified at the highest levels, as the only important aspect would be mitigation and the public has no need to know about what those steps need to be.

And it's correct that MAGA-world is claiming double standards, for their political interest, but repeating that BS as if actually valid is gonna get stepped on here. Again, French, no fan of Obama, Clinton, Biden, etc, was quite clear about the difference, thus NO double standard.
That's your opinion.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:14 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:10 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:06 am
old salt wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:12 pm
ggait wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:51 pm Redacted code name docs — no big deal?

And your what about ism gaslight about Biden is absurd.

Biden immediately returns the docs then consents to searches of his properties.

Trump easily could have done that. But he didn’t. Instead he lies and obstructs for 18 months and exposes all those working for him to criminal liability.

They got testimony from trumps lawyers piercing the ac privilege for gods sake. You know how rare that is? They call that the crime fraud exception for a reason salty.
Are the code name operations still active ? Immediately ? Biden was holding docs from 1974 & 2016.

I'm not denying that Trump screwed up. I'm questioning the hype about what he had & who saw it ? The real damage done ?

Baloney.

He's up against it. We will see how it shakes out. Any chance Staples takes out Fairfield Prep tomorrow? Manhasset Vs Jamesville-Dewitt at Hofstra at 3PM tomorrow. Going for a repeat!

Joe

A few guys here are so ridiculous it’s hard to believe they are actually real adults.
Quick question, do you find that this site has enough diversity of opinion to be representative of a larger set of viewpoints, prevalent in our large society? It's easy to get caught up in thinking that this site is representative of society as a whole.

Joe
I don’t find this sliver of socio-economic participants to represent anything close to the “larger society”….do you?

What do you think about the Trump indictment?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

These conversations are so pointless. Most folks don’t care and if Merrick G was like “f it, let’s go get the biyach for past transgressions” and slam dunks serious prison time on her there’s just be new and different whiny deflection and excuse making. Nothing would change certain peoples behavior.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

There is a double standard here - but not the one the Rs seem to think. Trump was given a get out of jail card for free - if he had only returned everything we would have never even known about the whole mess.

But he thought he was above the law, and that running for president would :trump: the judicial process. In fact, the imperative is to actually prosecute because it’s abundantly clear that Trump exposed national secrets by leaving the access so large, and by actually telling others about some of them. We do not know the extent of such sharing…
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

RedFromMI wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:13 pm There is a double standard here - but not the one the Rs seem to think. Trump was given a get out of jail card for free - if he had only returned everything we would have never even known about the whole mess.

But he thought he was above the law, and that running for president would :trump: the judicial process. In fact, the imperative is to actually prosecute because it’s abundantly clear that Trump exposed national secrets by leaving the access so large, and by actually telling others about some of them. We do not know the extent of such sharing…
Narrative fallacy - if something worked before it will work again. This moron runs the same game he’s been running for 40yrs. It was always criminal, unintelligent, racist/mysoginistic (and that’s coming from me!) and lacking any substance.

https://youtu.be/vhaTxwynJ50
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes

Return to “POLITICS”