D3 Mens Lacrosse
TronLax1

2024 NCAA Top Teams?

Post by TronLax1 »

Who will be the tops teams in 2024?
Laxattackjack

Re: 2024 NCAA Top Teams?

Post by Laxattackjack »

TronLax1 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:55 pm Who will be the tops teams in 2024?
The team with the most 6th year players
BigMoose9

Post by BigMoose9 »

Salisbury
CNU
Tufts
RIT
Dickinson
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

LYN - Hearing quite a few accepted in graduate programs.

Hadley in goal & Henri Marindin return joining rising sr. Dom Zingo on close D. (+ another pole)

Riley Mitchell, Dylan Wolfe and McCarthy and Ethan Cotter all returning = no losses on O

Dylan Shuster 2nd LSM returns (Darminio accepted into graduate program and will play @ Jacksonville)

Both FOGOs - Jr. and Soph.

Long way away but a close nit group.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:50 am LYN - Hearing quite a few accepted in graduate programs.

Hadley in goal & Henri Marindin return joining rising sr. Dom Zingo on close D. (+ another pole)

Riley Mitchell, Dylan Wolfe and McCarthy and Ethan Cotter all returning = no losses on O

Dylan Shuster 2nd LSM returns (Darminio accepted into graduate program and will play @ Jacksonville)

Both FOGOs - Jr. and Soph.

Long way away but a close nit group.
The top four teams should remain near the top.

Lynchburg certainly seems like they are poised to improve, W&L returns a great deal as well. I believe Middlebury was also pretty young this year as well, perhaps I’m wrong though.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

Gettysburg needs to replace a lot. Had several freshman and sophomores make significant contributions but will lose tons of senior experience/leadership. Anxious to see how Coach Toner proceeds next year.
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

All depends on the portal. Otherwise it should be a rinse and repeat of the usual teams.

Maybe the question is can (or should I say will) Salisbury repeat?
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

1. Salisbury
2.Tufts
3. RIT
4.Amherst
5.Dickinson
6. CNU
7.Middlebury
8.W&L
9.Union
10. Willliams
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

CNU - Returns the most out of anyone. 8 All-Americans and 6 of them will be 5th years. This group will come in to the year looking for revenge after years of falling short to Salisbury. Hearing some buzz about a few transfers coming in. The incoming class is very talented

Salisbury - Losing Cross, Timmons, Brown(hopefully), Woodward, Ballard, and Thrasher will hurt, but Salisbury is Salisbury and I assume they will bring in some talent. That 1st Midfield line, Defazio, Malamphy, and Ransom will headline a talented front line.

Bowdoin - The return essentially every single starter and will come back looking to turn around a rather disappointing year. Will Byrne is one of the best players in the country.

Tufts - I don't know much about them next year since they do lose a lot, but with how dominant they were this past year against most teams, I don't see them dropping out of the top 10.

RIT - Lose some really talented players, but also return a ton of depth. Gaston was on pace for a ton of goals this year before getting hurt and missing a few games. Need to figure out the FO issue.

Dickinson - Extremely talented team with a ton of depth. Losing Brandau and McCloskey will hurt the defense. They have a ton of guys waiting to step up and they were 20 seconds away from a final 4 appearance last year.

Middlebury - Don't know a ton about them, but I do know a lot of their guys were very young and they should return a ton of talent.
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

Laxguy703 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:24 am CNU - Returns the most out of anyone. 8 All-Americans and 6 of them will be 5th years. This group will come in to the year looking for revenge after years of falling short to Salisbury. Hearing some buzz about a few transfers coming in. The incoming class is very talented

Salisbury - Losing Cross, Timmons, Brown(hopefully), Woodward, Ballard, and Thrasher will hurt, but Salisbury is Salisbury and I assume they will bring in some talent. That 1st Midfield line, Defazio, Malamphy, and Ransom will headline a talented front line.

Bowdoin - The return essentially every single starter and will come back looking to turn around a rather disappointing year. Will Byrne is one of the best players in the country.

Tufts - I don't know much about them next year since they do lose a lot, but with how dominant they were this past year against most teams, I don't see them dropping out of the top 10.

RIT - Lose some really talented players, but also return a ton of depth. Gaston was on pace for a ton of goals this year before getting hurt and missing a few games. Need to figure out the FO issue.

Dickinson - Extremely talented team with a ton of depth. Losing Brandau and McCloskey will hurt the defense. They have a ton of guys waiting to step up and they were 20 seconds away from a final 4 appearance last year.

Middlebury - Don't know a ton about them, but I do know a lot of their guys were very young and they should return a ton of talent.
CNU is doing a tremendous recruiting job with top in State schools and clubs. The incoming class has three players from the a top DMV club team and some strong in state players. I think this keeps the program near the top for years. The other D3 programs in VA just have not seemed to do the same with in state talent.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”