USILA All Americans 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Bigdawg69

USILA All Americans 2023

Post by Bigdawg69 »

D3LaxFan2

Re: USILA All Americans 2023

Post by D3LaxFan2 »

Interesting that they put the three Tufts attackmen on first, second and third team. I would have put them all on first team along with Cross Ferrara and called it a day.
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

That HM list tho. Damn…
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:35 pm That HM list tho. Damn…
I looked closely at the HM list, thought there might be a chance I snuck in there based on an alumni game performance a few years ago.
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

pcowlax wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:54 pm
RE6ULATOR wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:35 pm That HM list tho. Damn…
I looked closely at the HM list, thought there might be a chance I snuck in there based on an alumni game performance a few years ago.
:lol: :lol: Right?!?
Wonder what the first draft looked like. Sheesh.
gruntled

Post by gruntled »

Some absolutely insane selections here? There may be 25 attackmen more talented than Kammerman for first team?
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

gruntled wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 6:21 pm Some absolutely insane selections here? There may be 25 attackmen more talented than Kammerman for first team?
Spoken like a guy who’s never seen Kammerman play,
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

gruntled wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 6:21 pm Some absolutely insane selections here? There may be 25 attackmen more talented than Kammerman for first team?
I agree. A First Team AA attackman should get his team into NCAA playoffs.
FerrumLaxDad

Post by FerrumLaxDad »

Just not a great list here. Big Lynchburg fan but Darminio is not LSM of the year material. I don’t care what his stats say if you watch the game tape there is a large gap between his play and the RIT and tufts LSM.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

FerrumLaxDad wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:30 pm Just not a great list here. Big Lynchburg fan but Darminio is not LSM of the year material. I don’t care what his stats say if you watch the game tape there is a large gap between his play and the RIT and tufts LSM.
Yes, as much as I like the Tufts' LSMs, Ayers/Frisoli (Ayers got like 5 goals v Amherst in February, which was HUGE, but Frisoli better down the stretch IMO), that RIT kid Jensen was far and away the best I saw all year. Did not even notice the Lynchburg kid in the 2 games I saw in person. Also not that impressed w/ the York LSM, and I watched two York games in person.
HockeyLaxGolf42

Post by HockeyLaxGolf42 »

I see a school that sticks out as D mid university… let’s see if the well trained eye can see
richard

Post by richard »

I’d put Jude Brown on first team before Ferrara. He gives the Salisbury offense another dimension that none of the other players have ever shown. He puts the ball in the net too.
baltlax20

Post by baltlax20 »

Unknown Participant wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:00 pm
FerrumLaxDad wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:30 pm Just not a great list here. Big Lynchburg fan but Darminio is not LSM of the year material. I don’t care what his stats say if you watch the game tape there is a large gap between his play and the RIT and tufts LSM.
Yes, as much as I like the Tufts' LSMs, Ayers/Frisoli (Ayers got like 5 goals v Amherst in February, which was HUGE, but Frisoli better down the stretch IMO), that RIT kid Jensen was far and away the best I saw all year. Did not even notice the Lynchburg kid in the 2 games I saw in person. Also not that impressed w/ the York LSM, and I watched two York games in person.
Interesting posts. LSM is a position that is really hard to compare based on teams type of play and expectations of the position. If you watched the entire season, the Lynchburg kid was a menace in the middle of the field (over 100 GBs) and shut down many of the middies listed on the first and second team AA list. Agree that Jensen is a beast. Tufts played 2 LSMs much of the year and both are good. I am not sure which tape you are watching but if it is the Ferrum game (as your title says) the Lynchburg starters probably only played a small portion of that game.
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

HockeyLaxGolf42 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:04 pm I see a school that sticks out as D mid university… let’s see if the well trained eye can see
One reason why RIT has been in the final four so many times and has won the last vtwo.
Olddawg83

Post by Olddawg83 »

Anyone know how the selection process works for the usila? As a Springfield alum I’m interest to know how Jackson Lane is selected as one of the best Dmids in the country and wasn’t even selected as all conference. And how Conor Tracy who was an All American last season wasn’t selected even though he put up more points against unbelievably tough opponents then most of the honorable mentions. One example being Will Farrell from Dickinson only putting up 39 points, well Tracy had 55 points scoring 39 goals.
SneaksBeac

Post by SneaksBeac »

Olddawg83 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:50 am Anyone know how the selection process works for the usila? As a Springfield alum I’m interest to know how Jackson Lane is selected as one of the best Dmids in the country and wasn’t even selected as all conference. And how Conor Tracy who was an All American last season wasn’t selected even though he put up more points against unbelievably tough opponents then most of the honorable mentions. One example being Will Farrell from Dickinson only putting up 39 points, well Tracy had 55 points scoring 39 goals.
The USILA Awards is/are the "old guard" of the lacrosse world, the only reason the USILA is still around is the major awards they give and the old guard coaches not wanting to give up on those awards.

The process is, Individual Coaches nominate who they think should be awarded All-American from their team. That pool is then sent to a committee and a debate happens. While not private, who is on that committee also isn't public to the general world. Coaches will play politics with who they reach out to and promises made for votes. Old friends vote with old friends, and if you don't play that game your team and players suffer.

I would honestly put more weight into the IMLCA awards which are voted on by coaches by region first, then each region team goes to a committee and they vote from that pool. I'm not saying I disagree with how the team shook out this year, but I will say often times, older more prestigious programs get the benefit of the doubt over newer programs. I know your initial post is about Springfield, but who knows what Coach Bugbee did this year, did he make calls? Did he piss someone off on the committee? Who knows thats the issue with all this.
D3LaxFan2

Post by D3LaxFan2 »

SneaksBeac wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:56 am I would honestly put more weight into the IMLCA awards which are voted on by coaches by region first, then each region team goes to a committee and they vote from that pool.
Pretty sure this is how the USILA team is picked. Each conference has two reps. Each region has a call to discuss the players from their conferences and votes on the players in that region, and then a national committee made up of two reps per region sorts through all the votes.
SneaksBeac

Post by SneaksBeac »

The IMLCA is every coach, as long as they participate in the voting process

The USILA is how you described it. So there in lies the rub, if one coach doesn't reach out to the rep to advocate for his guy he's out of luck. But if that one player makes enough of an impact on all his league coaches he could potentially get more votes/attention.
FerrumLaxDad

Post by FerrumLaxDad »

:roll:
baltlax20 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:38 am
Unknown Participant wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:00 pm
Interesting posts. LSM is a position that is really hard to compare based on teams type of play and expectations of the position. If you watched the entire season, the Lynchburg kid was a menace in the middle of the field (over 100 GBs) and shut down many of the middies listed on the first and second team AA list. Agree that Jensen is a beast. Tufts played 2 LSMs much of the year and both are good. I am not sure which tape you are watching but if it is the Ferrum game (as your title says) the Lynchburg starters probably only played a small portion of that game.
Watch the majority of the Lynchburg games this year. The two that stand out to me are the CNU game when he got beat with 4 seconds left from behind the net allowing CNU to tie the game and win in overtime. Also the Randolph-Macon game where he got scored on 3-4 times in one on one coverage. Call me crazy but first team all Americans and LSM of the year don’t let that happen.
owlax

Post by owlax »

nevadajoe wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:42 am
HockeyLaxGolf42 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:04 pm I see a school that sticks out as D mid university… let’s see if the well trained eye can see
One reason why RIT has been in the final four so many times and has won the last vtwo.
Also the reason they were sent home this year. Obviously more of a coaching decision, but double poling the midfield and leaving one of your shorties on an attack worked against Middlebury. Going with the same decision on sunday against Tufts, Swank made them pay with 5 G's which was the difference.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”