Future of the Fourth Estate?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
PizzaSnake

Future of the Fourth Estate?

Post by PizzaSnake »

Will we become dependent on college newspapers for the truth?

https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2023 ... s-meeting/

"According to documents reviewed by the Journal, Summers wrote an email to Epstein in April 2014 asking for “small scale philanthropy advice” for his wife, Harvard professor Elisa New, who was in the process of establishing Verse Video Education, an online poetry project.

“My life will be better if i raise $1m for Lisa,” wrote Summers, who is currently a professor at Harvard. “Mostly it will go to make it a pbs series and for teacher training. Ideas?”

Epstein replied confirming a meeting in Cambridge, and the pair met two days later at The Fireplace, a restaurant in Brookline, for dinner, the Journal reported. The meeting was one of several the pair scheduled that year.

In the years between 2013 and 2016, Summers scheduled more than a dozen meetings with Epstein, several of which were dinners.

In a statement to the Journal, a spokesperson for Summers said he “deeply regrets being in contact with Epstein after his conviction.”

The spokesperson said Summers did not solicit donations for the University from Epstein following his conviction and also did not personally receive money from him."

Okay, so he wasn't soliciting funding from Epstein. So what was he doing with him? Bunga-bunga, Harvard-style?

Larry, you might be the stupidest smart person I've heard of. Don't you know the "law of holes"?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."

Return to “POLITICS”