Johns Hopkins 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
runrussellrun

Re: Johns Hopkins 2023

Post by runrussellrun »

Go Bruins of Boston
Last edited by runrussellrun on Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

And to think we made it so long without runrussellrun's (aka fattylax) drivel invading the thread. We had a good run.

06 — Chauvette hasn't been dressed since Big Ten play started. He did not have any visible injury on Saturday that I could tell so hopefully he's back at some point. Would be nice to mix a lefty back into the 2nd midfield rotation given that they are all righties, though McDermott and Evans can both shoot with their left.

In his column this morning Quint agrees with the consensus that the Jays will earn an at-large berth no matter what happens vs. Maryland or in the conference tourney. Still, sure wouldn't mind a win in College Park. If the weather holds up I'd expect 10k minimum in attendance. Both teams will know what's on the line given that PSU-Rutgers is the night before.

I remember in the preseason when people like Sag A were looking at the schedule and said the Jays would be underdogs in every game and would be lucky to get to 7 wins. It's mid-April and we're already at 10. I believe the phrase was "I would do everything in my power to soften the schedule in order to have a winning record." Pathetic loser mentality then and even worse now. That's why he's an anonymous keyboard warrior and Pete Milliman is the coach.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Yes, but …

Fatty Lax drivel = Hopkins Good
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

Deans was definitely in a cast on saturday. That sucks.
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

10stone5 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:07 pm Yes, but …

Does that mean PineSt returns if we make the QF?
a fan

Post by a fan »

HopFan16 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:12 pm

I remember in the preseason when people like Sag A were looking at the schedule and said the Jays would be underdogs in every game and would be lucky to get to 7 wins. It's mid-April and we're already at 10. I believe the phrase was "I would do everything in my power to soften the schedule in order to have a winning record." Pathetic loser mentality then and even worse now. That's why he's an anonymous keyboard warrior and Pete Milliman is the coach.
That scheduling he took so much grief for looks awful smart now, doesn't it?
ColumbiaBlueBlack

Post by ColumbiaBlueBlack »

a fan wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:03 pmThat scheduling he took so much grief for looks awful smart now, doesn't it?
On Saturday the Coach explained the scheduling as almost a purely RPI driven strategy while preserving traditional rivalries as best possible. Seems to have worked.
---------------------------
Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
https://despair.com/products/compromise
a fan

Post by a fan »

ColumbiaBlueBlack wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:28 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:03 pmThat scheduling he took so much grief for looks awful smart now, doesn't it?
On Saturday the Coach explained the scheduling as almost a purely RPI driven strategy while preserving traditional rivalries as best possible. Seems to have worked.
Seems to have exceeded expectations. Good on Milliman. Wish my team was sitting on Hop's record and RPI right about now.

Best of luck the rest of the way, CBB!
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

primitiveskills wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:43 pm
10stone5 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:07 pm Yes, but …

Does that mean PineSt returns if we make the QF?
I would happily endure the return of PineSt if it guaranteed a QF.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
NOVALax2015

Post by NOVALax2015 »

primitiveskills wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:37 pm
NOVALax2015 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:31 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:18 pm
NOVALax2015 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:49 am
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:16 am
NOVALax2015 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:34 am Anyone on here who thinks we can't play with anyone is either a pessimist or a troll.

B1G deal......Hopkins can "play with anyone". So can 40 other college programs.

and, what IS up with the B1G "tourney" inviting all teams. Lame. Trophey's for everyone.

Atlantic 10 is also a 6 team league/conference. Atlantic 10 only invites the top 4 teams.

why have a regular season, at all, if everyone gets in ,anyway ?

OH......and earth to B1G ten.......paint the friggin football lines already, it makes the league look "bush".
Respectfully disagree with the first point. IMO, it is a big deal that nobody would be surprised if Jays beat the best at this point in the season.
And folks would be shocked if the 40th best team beat the best at this point in the season, not to say it can't happen.
Everything else in the post is unrelated.
"play with"......has changed to "beat"...got it.

This is a list of teams, according to what matters in ALL other sports, but lacrosse, and ranked by winning percentage.

From teams ranked 35 thru 50. (win % )

In no order, but this list includes High Point, Brown, Quinny, Harvard, Penn, Princeton, Navy, Marquette, Robby Mo, Michigan, Stony Brook, Cleveland State, Marist, Hobart, Sienna,

People would be "shocked" if Navy beat Hopkins ? The Goats are at 40, in the ridiculaous pathetic index (rpi)

nah.....will stand by the statement that the "current" top 40, can "play with" anyone, just like Hopkins. And, beat them, too.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, which is why I put "IMO" in my post. Winning % doesn't determine rank.
NOVA- not sure if you are a regular on this thread, but replying to runrussellrun is an act of trolling futility.
Lesson learned. Thanks!
ColumbiaBlueBlack

a fan wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:35 pm
Seems to have exceeded expectations. Good on Milliman. Wish my team was sitting on Hop's record and RPI right about now.

Just wish it were easier to get your products in the Baltimore area. I've been hoarding
IMG_4179.JPG
IMG_4179.JPG (141.49 KiB) Viewed 1040 times
but still have Winter Warmer from Ann Arbor days long ago.
a fan

Post by a fan »

ColumbiaBlueBlack wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:59 pm

Just wish it were easier to get your products in the Baltimore area. I've been hoarding IMG_4179.JPG but still have Winter Warmer from Ann Arbor days long ago.
Ah! So glad you got a bottle. PM me, I'd love to hear how you enjoyed it.

(sincere apologies for the thread hijack, Hop fans)
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

a fan wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:00 pm

Just wish it were easier to get your products in the Baltimore area. I've been hoarding IMG_4179.JPG but still have Winter Warmer from Ann Arbor days long ago.
Ah! So glad you got a bottle. PM me, I'd love to hear how you enjoyed it.

(sincere apologies for the thread hijack, Hop fans)
Actually, all liquor-related posts are considered “on topic” here in the Hopkins thread.

DocBarrister :)
@DocBarrister
steel_hop

Post by steel_hop »

Virginia is worse. ABC stores down here stink.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I have not had a problem getting them on order
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

https://soundcloud.com/glennclarkradioc ... il-18-2023
starting at 514 stevens with the first mainstream media look at the maryland game. Nothing on this matchup on the field-not one player or even coach namechecked- but mostly on the broader picture that "Hopkins has been down the last few years and this is more evenly matched". Not sure if that's talking about Millimans improvement or what Maryland has lost to graduation. Stevens also with comments that the larger maryland stadium negates the home field advantage. He's highly complimentary of PM's scheduling which is different than the espn/IL big js who spent the fall/winter/spring slamming the schedule as "too tough". Thinks one more win locks down a home game in the ncaa tournament.

maryland like syracuse seems to have a lot of blogger/semi paid journalists who cover the program so should be a lot of coverage from their end later in the week.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Look for posts from Wheels and TerpsTalk in their thread.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

a fan wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:03 pm

Smart? I don’t know about that. What I think it means is he understands the standards and expectations. Anybody that suggested a softer schedule doesn’t understand Hopkins lacrosse. I personally didn’t see where the wins would come in January. But that’s the thing the expectation is you find a way. Now I see a cohesive team that plays for each other. This team can compete with any team in college lacrosse. It’s a long time coming
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

flalax22 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:50 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:03 pm

Smart? I don’t know about that. What I think it means is he understands the standards and expectations. Anybody that suggested a softer schedule doesn’t understand Hopkins lacrosse. I personally didn’t see where the wins would come in January. But that’s the thing the expectation is you find a way. Now I see a cohesive team that plays for each other. This team can compete with any team in college lacrosse. It’s a long time coming
It can also beat itself or help another team do the job. Maryland had 3/4 all conference players this week.
ColumbiaBlueBlack

OCanada wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:19 pmI have not had a problem getting them on order
And you haven't brought any to a game all season. :evil:

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”