Virginia 6A 2019

HS Boys Lacrosse
SpinalTap14

Re: Virginia 6A 2019

Post by SpinalTap14 »

Spring Break is here which brings us tournament games for many 6A teams. There is less pressure as these are not district contests, plus some coaches allow players to miss these games for family “vacations,” so a few scores may be skewed. I am holding off on this week’s Top 5 until later this week after the tournaments are done, and Bentley, Dakota and Harrington return from the Bahamas.

Cmon, man!
sguy

Post by sguy »

Just watched Oakton beat Stone Bridge 9-5.

I think SB was down some players - but Oakton had much better ball movement, I believe the FFXCO teams are playing closer Mid-Season form and the state power rankings will be shaken up soon.

Madison earned a top spot in 6A, until they are dethroned IMHO. Rankings at this point in the season should be based on Reality not hypotheticals.
FXLax

Post by FXLax »

Oh my...thing's getting dicey.

I miss the old days when we could all agree that we got royally screwed by all the home job calls when we played at Chantilly.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tweeeet! Number MyLongStick and Number FSUFan, Unsportsman-like Conduct. No profanity. 1 Minute (2 Day) in the Penalty Box. You'll be released on Tuesday at midnight. Tweeeet! Play on...
Jumboslax27

Post by Jumboslax27 »

It is very difficult to talk about things on this forum without someone’s parent telling you you’re wrong. That being said, here’s my 6A rankings for you guys.

The Contenders
1. Madison- Quality wins everywhere, and this team is the real deal. Probably the best D in 6A and an efficient offense. Reminds me of UVA basketball in terms of style. Have to be the favorite in 6A.

2. Westfield- Good bounce back win over Woodson with a huge litmus test coming up vs Robinson. Talented team surely looking forward to getting another shot(or 2) at Madison in the playoffs.

3 Oakton- Another very talented team who’s more than capable of another state championship run. Absolutely massive game coming vs Madison.

4. Robinson- Very good team with more than enough talent to win it all. Will have to work out the inconsistencies that have seen them lose more games than we are used to.

Not quite there(Teams here can beat any of those top 4 but most likely aren’t winning it all)
5. Patriot- Can beat anyone but also never seem to be able to get over the hump in the playoffs. Will this be the year? I would guess not.

6. South County- Yes I know they’ve lost a lot of games. But they have played a very tough schedule and they’re clearly capable of beating the best(ask Robo). One goal games(despite what some on here say) are certainly games that could go either way.

7. South Lakes- Don't forget about these guys. They have some standouts on both sides of the ball.

8. West Springfield- Solid team. Don't think they have the horses to win it all but capable of beating a top level team.

9. Chantilly- Solid team in need of a signature win. They will have their chances to move up.
Tier 3- Don't think these guys can beat those top 4 but capable of beating the rest.

10. Yorktown- Decent record but they haven’t really beaten anybody.

Unranked but still in tier 3- Woodson, Langley
FXLax

Post by FXLax »

Anyone see that Yorktown grad goalie Mason Pollack scored his second goal of the year this year for Tufts in a huge W over Amherst. Awesome!!

If Coach Beer had taken the shackles off Yorktown may have made it out of the regionals. :lol: :lol:
sguy

Post by sguy »

Jumboslax27 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:34 pm I
9. Chantilly- Solid team in need of a signature win. They will have their chances to move up.
Tier 3- Don't think these guys can beat those top 4 but capable of beating the rest.
Chantilly just beat Robinson 11-9 - would that qualify as a signature win?

South County tomorrow @ 2pm
Lax89

Post by Lax89 »

FXLax wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:16 pm Anyone see that Yorktown grad goalie Mason Pollack scored his second goal of the year this year for Tufts in a huge W over Amherst. Awesome!!

If Coach Beer had taken the shackles off Yorktown may have made it out of the regionals. :lol: :lol:
Low blow, sir!

He did have 3 goals his senior year, though. :lol:
Jumboslax27

Post by Jumboslax27 »

sguy wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:44 pm
Jumboslax27 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:34 pm I
Chantilly just beat Robinson 11-9 - would that qualify as a signature win?

South County tomorrow @ 2pm
lol. Yup that would certainly qualify.
Cuseplayer1

Post by Cuseplayer1 »

South County-13
Chantilly-12
The Chargers led the whole game with a lead of 10-5 going into the half. The Stallions forced OT by scoring 7 in the second half and Chargers only scoring 2. Overall great effort on both sides.
Jumboslax27

Post by Jumboslax27 »

Wow. Battlefield beats madison 8-6*
Last edited by Jumboslax27 on Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lax89

Post by Lax89 »

Battlefield won 8-6.

Also Robo over Westfield 10-9 in OT
SpinalTap14

Post by SpinalTap14 »

I heard Madison was called for 12 penalties vs 1 for Battlefield and Madison was basically man down most of the second half. Battlefield played their best game. Congrats to Coach Marsh and the Bobcats!
MyLongStick

Post by MyLongStick »

SpinalTap14 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:32 am I heard Madison was called for 12 penalties vs 1 for Battlefield and Madison was basically man down most of the second half. Battlefield played their best game. Congrats to Coach Marsh and the Bobcats!
I don't know the coach at Battlefield personally, but he seems like a coach who gets the most of out of his players.
FXLax

Post by FXLax »

I took my tired old bones out to Coffey Stadium for the Rob/Westfield game last night and really enjoyed it. It was an old fashioned Concorde District battle and was impressed with the way both teams moved the ball. Rams were up 2 heading into 4th but then seemed to lose their MoJo. Tied it with under a minute left and Connolly got the OT winner.

Players that stood to me for Westfield were middies Magnusson (another Magnusson? what is that seven?) and Martin, who has a rocket and also did great facing off. For Rob, Swagerty is silky smooth with a real quick lefty shot and was impressed by D Ryan Elrod, who is small but played a real strong game.
ReLax!

Post by ReLax! »

Agree that there were some very fun and competitive games at Coffey this past week. However, one needs to take the results with a grain (a block?) of salt because many teams are missing key players over Spring Break. I also agree with the previous post re Martin at Westfield - he's the real deal and teams would be wise to key on him if they want to take down Westfield.
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

Sorry for what may be a silly question, but are you saying kids leave for spring break in season? I don't know that I've ever heard of that in any other area.
JMlacrosse

Post by JMlacrosse »

I think Westfield had everyone on their roster, and Rob had their key players, as well. Not sure about the other teams.
Last edited by JMlacrosse on Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReLax!

Post by ReLax! »

That's great that Westfield had all their players for the tournament - it showed. However, I know for a fact that many boys were out on a number of teams - including a couple key players from Robo. The real season will get under way over the next couple weeks with everyone in play, and conference games in the balance. Buckle up, we have some humdingers and donnybrooks coming up! 8-)
JMlacrosse

Post by JMlacrosse »

Agreed! This is when the season gets interesting. :)

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”