The Biden Department of Justice

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU88

Re: The Biden Department of Justice

Post by CU88 »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:16 am HOW THE JANUARY 6 COMMITTEE INVESTIGATION MAPS ONTO DOJ’S KNOWN INVESTIGATION

PMM:
I’m going to attempt to do a live post mapping what we’re learning from the January 6 Committee investigation onto what we know about the multi-prong DOJ investigations. Before I do so, however, I want to point out several ways this matters, by showing how the multiple investigations intersect and how testimony to J6C may be useful for DOJ.
Good "map". This investigation may well burst out into indictments in the coming weeks...like an A-Bomb bursting over Washington DC...

Thanks for sharing
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Cheeto's Troubles Mount as Speicla Counsel Gets New 2020 Evidence
Some charging decisions could be made within weeks, especially if Smith moves to pressure individuals into cooperating. The special counsel’s office and Justice Department leaders realize that the historic investigations and the potential for politically explosive indictments and trials will collide with the 2024 presidential election calendar as the year goes on, according to people familiar.

Trump maintains an early lead to secure the Republican nomination for president with an energized base of supporters who will likely see any effort to prosecute him as an unjustified political witch hunt by a Justice Department weaponized by the Biden administration.

Investigators are also going through deposition transcripts provided by the now-defunct congressional committee and will have to decide if they want to bring in any of those witnesses for more questioning or to testify before a grand jury.

“You want to make sure you understand what they said before, what follow up needs to be done, and for those witnesses you think might be valuable, there’s a whole bunch of work to see if what they said can be corroborated,” said Kelly Currie, a partner at Crowell & Moring and former colleague of Smith’s at the Justice Department.

The Jan. 6 committee made a criminal referral against Trump last month for illegally engaging in a conspiracy to make false statements to Congress by submitting fake electoral certificates. The panel presented its findings as hard evidence that Trump and his associates committed crimes, particularly by creating fake electors.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/09/politics ... index.html

Old Sleepy Joe just forgot he had them…

Go Dark Brandy.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Perfect timing, no?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:35 pm https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/09/politics ... index.html

Go Dark Brandy.
Yeah, Penn Biden Center attorneys found the docs and immediately called the WH, who immediately called the National Archives, who immediately called the DOJ. Docs were immediately given the National Archives.

Just like Mar A Lago. At least 75% of Republicans will believe that after hearing Fox’s half-truths tonight.
Typical Lax Dad

SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:29 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:35 pm https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/09/politics ... index.html

Go Dark Brandy.
Yeah, Penn Biden Center attorneys found the docs and immediately called the WH, who immediately called the National Archives, who immediately called the DOJ. Docs were immediately given the National Archives.

Just like Mar A Lago. At least 75% of Republicans will believe that after hearing Fox’s half-truths tonight.
Trump’s team kept getting a busy signal when they called National Archives.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Improper handling of TS documents, is improper handling of TS documents. There is no nuance.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:40 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: Improper handling of TS documents, is improper handling of TS documents. There is no nuance.
Really?

Were the documents destroyed?
Were they purposely taken when no longer in office?
Were they returned when requested?
When subpoenaed?
Or did the keepers lie about their existence?

Do we know who took them and when and whether that was "improper" at the time?
Did the classification level require a skiff or no?

I do wonder why there aren't better tracking records on these things; it's pretty outrageous that the government doesn't have a track on each document.

What is being reported is that they were discovered by Biden's people and that rather than hiding them or destroying them, covering up in any way, they picked up the phone and took action to get them to their rightful place.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:40 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: Improper handling of TS documents, is improper handling of TS documents. There is no nuance.
Is that like capital punishment is the same as accidental death is the same as premeditated murder or something?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

“Trump Had More Than 300 Classified Documents at Mar-a-Lago”

300 > 10

“Trump Defied Subpoena, Lied About Having Classified Documents, Justice Department Says”

Biden did the same thing.
ggait

Post by ggait »

YA — I hear the docs spell out how Biden covered up how his ineffective Covid vaccines have been causing thousands of athletes to drop dead of heart attacks.

You and John Stockton were right after all!!!
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
njbill

Post by njbill »

So investigate. But remember all you always Trumpers, closet or otherwise. You can't indict a sitting President. Isn't that what you said? So, if a crime was committed, and if the SOL hasn't run, you can indict Joe in January of 2029.

This has nothing to do with the case against Trump. If Trump is guilty, indict him. If Biden is guilty, indict him in 2029.

Already heard the apologists on Fox claiming Trump will argue he can't be indicted or convicted because Biden did the same thing. Uh, try that defense the next time you get a speeding ticket.

Perp: "But three other cars passed me going faster and they didn't get pulled over."
Judge: "Well, were you speeding, sir?"
Perp: "I guess so."
Judge: "OK, I'm finding you guilty."

In fact, that argument is legally irrelevant and Trump won't be permitted to make it to the jury or otherwise at trial. Criminal law 101 which you learn in the first semester in law school.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

njbill wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:32 pm So investigate. But remember all you always Trumpers, closet or otherwise. You can't indict a sitting President. Isn't that what you said? So, if a crime was committed, and if the SOL hasn't run, you can indict Joe in January of 2029.

This has nothing to do with the case against Trump. If Trump is guilty, indict him. If Biden is guilty, indict him in 2029.

Already heard the apologists on Fox claiming Trump will argue he can't be indicted or convicted because Biden did the same thing. Uh, try that defense the next time you get a speeding ticket.

Perp: "But three other cars passed me going faster and they didn't get pulled over."
Judge: "Well, were you speeding, sir?"
Perp: "I guess so."
Judge: "OK, I'm finding you guilty."

In fact, that argument is legally irrelevant and Trump won't be permitted to make it to the jury or otherwise at trial. Criminal law 101 which you learn in the first semester in law school.
Or in your home, as a child, if you had good parents and/or are a good parent.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

IMHO from a legal perspective,do not think it is a crime to accidentally take and retain government documents. If upon learning that you have documents, you return them, there is no crime. That is not what Trump did. If he had simply returned everything this would have been a non-story. But Cheato didn't. Ignored requests and TWO subpoenas and lied about having documents.

Certainly not a good look politically and, of course, the House GOP will have to investigate the DOJ investigators. :oops: :oops:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:38 am IMHO from a legal perspective,do not think it is a crime to accidentally take and retain government documents. If upon learning that you have documents, you return them, there is no crime. That is not what Trump did. If he had simply returned everything this would have been a non-story. But Cheato didn't. Ignored requests and TWO subpoenas and lied about having documents.

Certainly not a good look politically and, of course, the House GOP will have to investigate the DOJ investigators. :oops: :oops:
It will be a beautiful time of the year for congressional hearings in DC. Who knows, the cherry blossoms may be in full bloom? :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:33 am
Kismet wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:38 am IMHO from a legal perspective,do not think it is a crime to accidentally take and retain government documents. If upon learning that you have documents, you return them, there is no crime. That is not what Trump did. If he had simply returned everything this would have been a non-story. But Cheato didn't. Ignored requests and TWO subpoenas and lied about having documents.

It will be a beautiful time of the year for congressional hearings in DC. Who knows, the cherry blossoms may be in full bloom? :D
One of these things is not like the other. One person had the authority to declassify any document. One person did not.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
njbill

Post by njbill »

And the person who had the authority to declassify documents did not declassify the documents in question. But I’ll bet he sure wishes he had.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

get it to x wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:52 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:33 am

One of these things is not like the other. One person had the authority to declassify any document. One person did not.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Except Trump didn't...there's a clear and definitive process for doing so, and he never did it. Nor did he claim to have done so contemporaneously...to anyone. Quite the opposite.

I will say that that TS SCI level on a couple of the docs at the Penn Biden Center disturb me as to how they could have been gotten there without tracking. These should only be viewed in a secure environment, with close handling and control.

It amazes me, again and again, how the process could possibly be loose enough to have this be even possible. THAT is worth investigating.

Trump's problem is the clear obstruction.
ggait

Post by ggait »

IMHO from a legal perspective,do not think it is a crime to accidentally take and retain government documents. If upon learning that you have documents, you return them, there is no crime. That is not what Trump did.

Yeah, that pesky mens rea thing…
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Of course nothing is going to happen, just like nothing will happen to Trump.

It is funny reading some of the commentary on this...clearly no one that replied to my post has ever held a clearance.
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”