Conservative Ideology: A Big Lie

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU88

Re: Conservative Ideology

Post by CU88 »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:02 am
Co-leader of Whitmer kidnapping plot gets 16 years in prison

https://apnews.com/article/gretchen-whi ... d4ed8db3ea

The state of Michigan called for a life sentence but Republican judge Robert J. Jonker [appointed by Bush] reduced the sentence as The government had pushed for a life sentence, saying Croft offered bomb-making skills and ideology while Fox was the "driving force urging their recruits to take up arms, kidnap the governor and kill those who stood in their way." But Judge Robert J. Jonker said that while Fox's sentence was needed as a punishment and deterrent to future similar acts, the government's request for life in prison is "not necessary to achieve those purposes."

"It's too much. Something less than life gets the job done in this case," Jonker said, later adding that 16 years in prison "is still in my mind a very long time." In addition to the 16-year prison sentence, Fox will have to serve five years of supervised release.

No surprise that a Repukeblicon judge should give such a light sentence to someone from that party.
Just hard to understand and stomach.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU88 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:13 pm

The state of Michigan called for a life sentence but Republican judge Robert J. Jonker [appointed by Bush] reduced the sentence as The government had pushed for a life sentence, saying Croft offered bomb-making skills and ideology while Fox was the "driving force urging their recruits to take up arms, kidnap the governor and kill those who stood in their way." But Judge Robert J. Jonker said that while Fox's sentence was needed as a punishment and deterrent to future similar acts, the government's request for life in prison is "not necessary to achieve those purposes."

"It's too much. Something less than life gets the job done in this case," Jonker said, later adding that 16 years in prison "is still in my mind a very long time." In addition to the 16-year prison sentence, Fox will have to serve five years of supervised release.

No surprise that a Repukeblicon judge should give such a light sentence to someone from that party.
It is just as hard to fathom the FLP new attitude about catch and release. Catch a bad guy stealing a car, let em out with an appearance ticket. The bad guy steals another car the next day and gets caught again, let em out with an appearance ticket. The bad guy steals another car the next day and gets caught, let em out with an appearance ticket. If only the intolerance directed at people who break the law was a 2 way street? If your a right winger the behavior is DEPLORABLE. If your a common street criminal...just issue an appearance ticket and move along. The poor crook probably can't afford bail anyway? How could a nation such as ours have a disgusting lack of compassion for criminals?
I was a juror on a murder trial for a cat named Guillermo Solare. When his girlfriend finally decided to throw his ass out of their house he finally made good on his promise to kill her. He stabbed her in the chest repeatedly while her young son pleaded with him to stop. Mr Solare was convicted by us jurors of 2nd degree murder. There must be something magical about the number 16. That is how many years the judge sentenced him to prison. Good luck to anyone who can figure out what goes through a judges mind when they sentence any criminal.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:17 pm

It is just as hard to fathom the FLP new attitude about catch and release. Catch a bad guy stealing a car, let em out with an appearance ticket. The bad guy steals another car the next day and gets caught again, let em out with an appearance ticket. The bad guy steals another car the next day and gets caught, let em out with an appearance ticket. If only the intolerance directed at people who break the law was a 2 way street? If your a right winger the behavior is DEPLORABLE. If your a common street criminal...just issue an appearance ticket and move along. The poor crook probably can't afford bail anyway? How could a nation such as ours have a disgusting lack of compassion for criminals?
crocodiletearsandshoot
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:26 pm

crocodiletearsandshoot
If only this forum had a kiss my freaking ass emoji?? :D
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Pretty smelly:

https://www.semafor.com/article/12/28/2 ... his-wealth

"Rep.-elect George Santos has admitted to “embellishing” his resume with fake stints on Wall Street and a phantom college degree. He’s still trying to defend against accusations that he pretended to be Jewish.

But the burning question for many people, including his soon-to-be Republican and Democratic colleagues in Congress, is simple: Where did he get the money to fund his campaign?

“Where did all that money come from?” Rep. Ritchie Torres, D-N.Y. tweeted on Tuesday. “The Ethics Committee MUST start investigating immediately.”

When he first ran for Congress in 2020, Santos, who appears to have suffered from financial trouble for much of his adult life, filed disclosures listing no assets and a salary of $55,000, which he earned as a vice president at LinkBridge Investors, a business development firm. But the filings from his most recent run suggest he came into sudden riches, making between $3.5 million and $11.5 million from a company he founded called the Devolder Organization in 2021. He loaned his campaign more than $700,000.

In a phone conversation with Semafor, Santos offered a short tick-tock of how he made his money that left certain key details unanswered.

At LinkBridge, he said, he worked in the so-called “capital introduction” industry, which typically brings together investors and hedge funds. He eventually left that job for Harbor City Capital, a Florida firm the Securities and Exchange Commission accused in April 2021 of running a $17 million Ponzi scheme. Santos was not charged in the fraud, and he says he departed in March, shortly before the company ran into legal trouble, in order to strike out on his own. He incorporated Devolder in May, a few weeks after the S.E.C. filed suit against Harbor City.

Santos said that Devolder was also in the capital introduction business, including “deal building” and “specialty consulting” for “high net worth individuals.”

As an example of his work, he said a client might want to sell a plane or a boat. “I'm not going to go list it and broker it,” he said. “What I will do is I will go look out there within my Rolodex and be like: ‘Hey, are you looking for a plane?’ ‘Are you looking for a boat?’ I just put that feeler out there.” He said he had a network of wealthy investors, family offices, “institutions” and endowments that included about 15,000 people. Within the first six months of starting Devolder, he said he “landed a couple of million-dollar contracts.”

“If you’re looking at a $20 million yacht, my referral fee there can be anywhere between $200,000 and $400,000,” he said.

Santos did not respond to follow-up questions asking what the million-dollar contracts entailed, or if he could share the names of previous clients from his business.

Devolder was dissolved in September 2022 after failing to file an annual report. Given that timing, Rep.-elect Dan Goldman, D-N.Y., has raised the question of whether it was created merely to funnel illegal campaign donations. Santos added further to the mystery by reviving Devolder in Florida last week after the New York Times ran its initial bombshell story about fabrications in his resume, at an address reportedly owned by a former Harbor City executive.

Santos told Semafor that Devolder only shut down because his accountant accidentally submitted its yearly paperwork late.

Republicans have been reluctant to weigh in on Santos’s controversy. But on Tuesday, Rep.-elect Nick LaLota, R-N.Y. followed Democrats in calling for an ethics investigation and law-enforcement involvement “if necessary.” Rep.-elect Anthony D’Esposito, R-N.Y. from the neighboring district urged Santos to “pursue a path of honesty.”

Goldman, a former prosecutor, told Semafor he thought a formal inquiry might not be necessary if Santos simply volunteered documents about his business dealings and finances.

“If he wants to avoid an investigation and he wants to truly come clean, as he claimed he was trying to do yesterday and that other Republican members elected called for him to do, then he should be an open book and reveal all of this related to the Devolder Organization,” Goldman said.

That, however, seems unlikely to happen soon.

“I don’t dance to the tune of Congressman-elect Dan Goldman,” Santos told Semafor. “I don’t dance to the tune of these guys. If it was requested of me to produce any documentation from this organization, I have no problem doing so to people with the proper authority, not to authoritarian members of congress that think they have authority over their peers.”
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:35 pm

crocodiletearsandshoot
Yep!!

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:10 pm

crocodiletearsandshoot
Yep!!

:lol: I wish I had found that. :lol: :lol: So let's refocus on the subject at hand. Should judges have the discretion in sentencing a convicted criminal? This dude in the kidnap conspiracy got 16 years. The dude in the murder trial I was a juror on also got 16 years in jail. Do you have an opinion about catch and release. How many times do you have to be arrested for commiting a crime until the fact your dumb, criminal ass should be kept in the slammer? The fact you can't afford bail is a bunch of horse chit. If your forte as a criminal is stealing cars, breaking into houses or holding up convenient stores your ass should stay in jail until you come up with the bail money. Here in NYS, in many cases, the judge doesn't even have that option. The law says give em an appearance ticket and they should be released on their own recognizance. Catch and release is a great concept if your fishing. It doesn't work quite as well when dealing with criminals.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:06 pm

crocodiletearsandshoot
Yep!!

:lol: I wish I had found that. :lol: :lol: So let's refocus on the subject at hand. Should judges have the discretion in sentencing a convicted criminal? This dude in the kidnap conspiracy got 16 years. The dude in the murder trial I was a juror on also got 16 years in jail. Do you have an opinion about catch and release. How many times do you have to be arrested for commiting a crime until the fact your dumb, criminal ass should be kept in the slammer? The fact you can't afford bail is a bunch of horse chit. If your forte as a criminal is stealing cars, breaking into houses or holding up convenient stores your ass should stay in jail until you come up with the bail money. Here in NYS, in many cases, the judge doesn't even have that option. The law says give em an appearance ticket and they should be released on their own recognizance. Catch and release is a great concept if your fishing. It doesn't work quite as well when dealing with criminals.
Judges should follow the law. I believe there are sentencing guidelines.

https://sentencing.net/sentencing/sente ... york-state

Hope judges can’t pick and choose sentences
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

That should be the new symbol of the Tea Baggers, Proud Boys, Boogaloo Bois, Oath Keepers, and other tRumpissts.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:07 pm

crocodiletearsandshoot
Yep!!

IMO judges should have the discretion to temper their sentences with common sense. They can't pick and choose but they can give the maximum sentence when appropriate and the lesser sentence also when appropriate. The issue that bothers me is catch and release. In NYS the rules don't allow a judge the discretion for releasing people arrested for certain crimes. They HAVE to release them. There was a news article this morning from the owner of a local repair shop. He has had numerous episodes of criminals smashing his front window, grabbing keys and stealing cars on his lot. They were not that impressed by the appearance tickets. A week later they attempted to do the same thing. They of course were released on their own recognizance. They understand very clearly what most folks on this forum don't get. The legal system is a complete joke.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:18 pm

crocodiletearsandshoot
Yep!!

IMO judges should have the discretion to temper their sentences with common sense. They can't pick and choose but they can give the maximum sentence when appropriate and the lesser sentence also when appropriate. The issue that bothers me is catch and release. In NYS the rules don't allow a judge the discretion for releasing people arrested for certain crimes. They HAVE to release them. There was a news article this morning from the owner of a local repair shop. He has had numerous episodes of criminals smashing his front window, grabbing keys and stealing cars on his lot. They were not that impressed by the appearance tickets. A week later they attempted to do the same thing. They of course were released on their own recognizance. They understand very clearly what most folks on this forum don't get. The legal system is a complete joke.
Change the law. You just realizing we have problems with the legal system? Where you been at? Just axin’? :?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:31 pm

crocodiletearsandshoot
Yep!!

Change the law. You just realizing we have problems with the legal system? Where you been at? Just axin’? :?
Change the law??? That is just what the powers that be in NYS did. Criminals arrested while committing crimes use to be held on bail. Now they are given appearance tickets given a pat on the back and sent on their merry way. Even Gov. Hochul understands the stupidity of catch and release. She was shot down with any attempt to modify the idiotic policy. So catch and release is exactly what the powers that be wanted. The justification is that it is immoral and unethical to hold people in jail simply because they can't afford bail. Well if your a repeat criminal maybe jail is where you belong?If you can't afford bail...too damn bad. Here is a radical concept.. don't break the law. At least you will have 3 hots and a cot and people don't have to be concerned about you wandering around trying to steal their stuff.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:58 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:31 pm

crocodiletearsandshoot
Yep!!

Change the law??? That is just what the powers that be in NYS did. Criminals arrested while committing crimes use to be held on bail. Now they are given appearance tickets given a pat on the back and sent on their merry way. Even Gov. Hochul understands the stupidity of catch and release. She was shot down with any attempt to modify the idiotic policy. So catch and release is exactly what the powers that be wanted. The justification is that it is immoral and unethical to hold people in jail simply because they can't afford bail. Well if your a repeat criminal maybe jail is where you belong?If you can't afford bail...too damn bad. Here is a radical concept.. don't break the law. At least you will have 3 hots and a cot and people don't have to be concerned about you wandering around trying to steal their stuff.
We live in a democracy. There is always Thailand. You will be moving soon. Don’t worry about it.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Nassau County district attorney opens investigation into Rep.-elect George Santos
District Attorney Anne T. Donnelly said residents “must have an honest and accountable representative”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Words that don't mean anything to the r's: "Integrity", "Shame", "Lies"...

Tulsi Gabbard grills Santos over his admitted lies on Fox
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3sC1Ha2JwU
ggait

Post by ggait »

So Santos claims he earned his money working in the capital introduction industry.

If that is true (doubtful) he better have a securities broker dealer license. The SEC will be calling soon.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Santos made up where he went to high school. Is there anything we really know about this guy other than the fact that he is a fantastical liar?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/28/politics ... index.html

And when his Mom died:

https://twitter.com/DaveThomas5150/stat ... 7892954113

But sure, Warren and Blumenthal.....
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:07 am Santos made up where he went to high school. Is there anything we really know about this guy other than the fact that he is a fantastical liar?

And when his Mom died:

I'd sure like to know if he's a US citizen (Naturalized or native-born). Because if he isn't, then he's not eligible to serve in the House.
So far, have not seen any confirmation one way or another. Given his track record, I would not believe him without documentation

Lastly, follow the money. Would like to see more detail on the sources for his campaign funding seeing that he was broke for his last election two years ago.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/george-sa ... t-be-legal

Feds are now also investigating (along with Nassau County DA and NY AG)

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/28/nyre ... ation.html

It's true that many politicians often lie and prevaricate, but this one is upward of almost 100% :oops:
Last edited by Kismet on Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Kismet wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:21 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:07 am Santos made up where he went to high school. Is there anything we really know about this guy other than the fact that he is a fantastical liar?

And when his Mom died:

I'd sure like to know if he's a US citizen (Naturalized or native-born). Because if he isn't, then he's not eligible to serve in the House.
So far, have not seen any confirmation one way or another. Given his track record, I would not believe him without documentation

Lastly, follow the money. Would like to see more detail on the sources for his campaign funding seeing that he was broke for his last election two years ago.

Feds are now also investigating (along with Nassau County DA and NY AG)

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/28/nyre ... ation.html

It's true that many politicians often lie and prevaricate, but this one is upward of almost 100% :oops:
r's have become the party of no platform and liars.

Did they even bother to do their own research on this guy?

I can only imagine how his defenders here review resumes and hire people...
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

"scam tos"

https://www.theleaderonline.com/single- ... d-criminal

In a story first broken by the North Shore Leader over four months ago, the national media has suddenly discovered that US Congressman-elect George Santos (R-Queens / Nassau) - dubbed "George Scam-tos" by many local political observers - is a deepfake liar who has falsified his background, assets, and contacts. He is fact a wanted petty criminal in Brazil.

A crook, a liar, a Republican. Nuff said.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq

Return to “POLITICS”