National interests?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
PizzaSnake

National interests?

Post by PizzaSnake »

I didn't see a topic directed at the conflation of the interests of the .5% with the "national interest" of the US.

As the "middle class" continues to shrink, can it be said any longer that "what's good for GM is good for America?"

Dimon is a complete money-grubbing whroe. Period. I bet he hopes the US and SA can safeguard their 75 year "alliance".

Who here would invest in SA? The only thing good about this "alliance" is the petrodollar. Beyond that the combination of the SA monarchy and the Wahibists is a total fncking trainwreck.

"JPMorgan Chase & Co Chief Executive Jamie Dimon, speaking at the gathering, voiced confidence that Saudi Arabia and the United States would safeguard their 75-year-old alliance.

"I can't imagine any allies agreeing on everything and not having problems – they’ll work it through," Dimon said. "I'm comfortable that folks on both sides are working through and that these countries will remain allies going forward, and hopefully help the world develop and grow properly."

"Grow properly"? Now what the fnck does that mean, I wonder? Might be time to tune up the guillotines.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-ea ... 022-10-25/
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Re: National interests?

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:43 pm I didn't see a topic directed at the conflation of the interests of the .5% with the "national interest" of the US.

As the "middle class" continues to shrink, can it be said any longer that "what's good for GM is good for America?"

Dimon is a complete money-grubbing whroe. Period. I bet he hopes the US and SA can safeguard their 75 year "alliance".

Who here would invest in SA? The only thing good about this "alliance" is the petrodollar. Beyond that the combination of the SA monarchy and the Wahibists is a total fncking trainwreck.

"JPMorgan Chase & Co Chief Executive Jamie Dimon, speaking at the gathering, voiced confidence that Saudi Arabia and the United States would safeguard their 75-year-old alliance.

"I can't imagine any allies agreeing on everything and not having problems – they’ll work it through," Dimon said. "I'm comfortable that folks on both sides are working through and that these countries will remain allies going forward, and hopefully help the world develop and grow properly."

"Grow properly"? Now what the fnck does that mean, I wonder? Might be time to tune up the guillotines.

Silicon Valley sold that bs for the last decade. All the social good suckerberg was doing for society.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:48 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:43 pm I didn't see a topic directed at the conflation of the interests of the .5% with the "national interest" of the US.

Silicon Valley sold that bs for the last decade. All the social good suckerberg was doing for society.
And now we have The Elon. Bet Twitter usage goes in the toilet if he closes and follows through on firing threat and account rejuvenation of certain individuals. Would really be unfortunate if something happened to that nice company he bought...
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Before we know where we're headed, let's step back for just a few moments to reflect upon and to learn where and how we got here. Yes, I do agree that the middle class has declined. While it is always the fashion and always politically correct for delusional right wingers to attribute this decline to Democrats, the truth is that it is the Republicans under that moron Reagan who caused it:

https://www.salon.com/2014/04/19/reagan ... s_partner/

https://today.duke.edu/2019/01/road-tru ... omist-says

https://theintercept.com/2021/08/06/mid ... co-strike/

Unfortunately, today's timid liberals just don't have the friggin b@lls to say it even though the truth is staring them and all else in the face. Reagan started it and his fellow Repukeblicons continued it.

So what's the national interest? Put an end to Reaganomics and all of its consequences.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:52 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:48 pm

And now we have The Elon. Bet Twitter usage goes in the toilet if he closes and follows through on firing threat and account rejuvenation of certain individuals. Would really be unfortunate if something happened to that nice company he bought...
Twitter is the AOL/Yahoo of this generation-no meaningful long term sustainable business model.

To your original post and the guillotine, as a degenerate, it had me thinking of this

https://dbpedia.org/page/Reflections_on_the_Guillotine

"Reflections on the Guillotine" is an extended essay written in 1957 by Albert Camus. In the essay Camus takes an uncompromising position for the abolition of the death penalty. Camus's view is similar to that of Cesare Beccaria and the Marquis de Sade, the latter having also argued that murder premeditated and carried out by the state was the worst kind. Camus states that he does not base his argument on sympathy for the convicted but on logical grounds and on proven statistics. Camus also argues that capital punishment is an easy option for the government where remedy and reform may be possible.

Plus this and some of Marquis de Sade’s essays/musings on the French Revolution, use of the guillotine and his rolling murder/death counts.

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Mu ... ion_detail

The thesis “Power Domination in Albert Camus‟ Caligula” explores the concept of Nietzsche‟s “Will to Power” reflected in Albert Camus‟ Caligula using the English version translated by Block and Shedd from the French version. The purpose is to analyze the domination of power by the characters in the play. For the theory the writer uses plot, character, and symbol for the intrinsic theory. For the methodology the writer uses library research methodology and philosophical approach by using Nietzsche‟s “Will to Power”. The characters analyzed in this study are Caligula, Scipio, and Cherea. The study shows Caligula‟s will to power is the most powerful as he succeeds to pass the phases to will to power which are decadence, nihilism, value-positer, and will to power. It can be concluded that Caligula is the most dominant character and also the symbol of power, and the play is a symbol of revolution.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “POLITICS”