Golf

General Chatter
DD-Tech

Re: Golf

Post by DD-Tech »

Tiger pulls up short. Phil with the WIN!
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Some wag tweets yesterday: “I always wanted to play like Tiger and Phil. Now I know I can.”
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Lots of haters. I enjoyed every minute of it. I don’t hate either one of these guys and have nothing but respect for their games.
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

...and my cable provider just sent me an email I will get full credit for The Match since Bleecher Report mistakenly broadcast the event for free.

:mrgreen:
DMac

Post by DMac »

Love that, DD!!!!
Can re stock those Blue Moons with found money.
Life is good.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

I was doing other stuff but I gotta admit I followed Tiger Tracker on Twitter until it was dark. Most of my golf pals loved it.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Thinking of trying this golf swing out... https://www.instagram.com/p/BrLHMghgCxl ... hare_sheet
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Ah, I don’t have Instagram. What kind of swing? It’s amazing how many ways there are to play golf.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Here is it is on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ForePlayPod/status/ ... 3867673601
Funny site to follow.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Thanks. That dude moves his head too much.
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

:lol:

Snuck out for 9 holes yesterday afternoon and a good humbling round of golf. Got paired up with a 71 year old guy who was on his back 9 of 18. He carried his bag... I had my hand cart. He beat me by 5 strokes.

Golf is a great game!

#goals

:oops:
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Jimmy splits his year between Tralee, Ireland and Pompano Beach. 84. Walks nine. Carries 7 clubs. Plays with a 48” driver that looks like a fishing rod. Hits it 200 yards. Makes every putt and shoots bogey golf. It’s a great game.
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Was out playing 9 holes on a public course this summer. Short Jamaican guy with a slight build named Andre catches us, shoots up on us, and plays next hole with us as he asks to play through so he can get back to work. One of the best golfers I have ever played with. He humbly birdied the par 5 he caught us on then birdied the next 187yd par 3 as he went off into the sunset... he carried a little canvas bag that maybe had 6 clubs in it at most. I chatted with him briefly and learned he was the school bus driver that had just dropped some high school kids off at the park for their cross country track meet. Said he throws his clubs on the bus all the time and anywhere he takes the kids for an event he will sneak a few holes in if there is a course nearby!

Golf is a great game!
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Who hits up on their driver? As we age and lose speed, does this work for you?
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Trinity wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:03 pm Who hits up on their driver? As we age and lose speed, does this work for you?
I can’t even remember how I hold a club it’s been so long. I’m heading to Palm Beach at the end of March to start looking at where the wife and I may snowbird for our next 28 years. Give me a nice public course to hit while I am down there Trinity!

Enjoying some golf waiting for kickoff. Ricky Fowler is starting to golf just like me as he may be in for a snowman on #11. Insane!

Last round I played with my son I had him by a stroke going into 18... he says to me “you haven’t had your 8 yet”... sure enough I got my snowman and lost by 2!
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Delray Municipal is nice and reasonably priced. Fifteen minutes south of Palm Beach, just east of 95. They even let you walk, but you pay the same fee as riders. I’d meet you but I’ll be away.
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Trinity wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:03 am Delray Municipal is nice and reasonably priced. Fifteen minutes south of Palm Beach, just east of 95. They even let you walk, but you pay the same fee as riders. I’d meet you but I’ll be away.
Staying about 10min from Delray Beach for 2 nights in Boynton Beach area, hoping to get a round in. Thanks!
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

They take phone reservations. Very nice staff enjoy.
6x6

Post by 6x6 »

As I’ve stated before I’m not a fan of Woods but this shot was pretty amazing.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/watch- ... EzNDczNwS2
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

anyone watching the masters?

tuned in just to see last year's replay of finau celebrating a HiO and then dislocated his ankle, popped it back in.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”