Inside lacrosse

D1 Mens Lacrosse
OCanada

Inside lacrosse

Post by OCanada »

I have not put as much effort into lacrosse the last few years so maybe i should not be surprised Inside Lacrosse was sold a couple years ago.

I remember it was a biggish deal when Carp sold it.

Placed it here because IL is constantly referenced here. My apology if it id misplaced
Chousnake

Re: Inside lacrosse

Post by Chousnake »

Speaking of Inside Lacrosse, does anyone else think the magazine includes far too much content on women's lax? It is about 50/50 now. And combining mens and women's players in all the lists now makes no sense. How do you make a list of top players for an upcoming season and include men and women on the list. I am not misogynistic, but I just do not have any interest in women's lax. I don't follow the sport and don't care to read about it. They should have separate magazines - or at minimum separate sections the magazine and separate lists of top players. If you are going to combine men and women in the same lists, you may as well include DII and DIII in the lists with DI. How do you distinguish between a mens DI attack player and a women's DI defender?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

i don't soak in a lot of inside lacrosse unless i'm looking for something, but i'm pretty sure 99% of their pub and social media content separates the 2. a 2 minute flip thru it confirms that.

you should be fine passing over things you don't want to be up on.

and to answer your question, no i don't think they have far too much content on women's lax. but maybe you just want to hear from those that agree, in a read of the question.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Chousnake wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:00 pm Speaking of Inside Lacrosse, does anyone else think the magazine includes far too much content on women's lax? It is about 50/50 now. And combining mens and women's players in all the lists now makes no sense. How do you make a list of top players for an upcoming season and include men and women on the list. I am not misogynistic, but I just do not have any interest in women's lax. I don't follow the sport and don't care to read about it. They should have separate magazines - or at minimum separate sections the magazine and separate lists of top players. If you are going to combine men and women in the same lists, you may as well include DII and DIII in the lists with DI. How do you distinguish between a mens DI attack player and a women's DI defender?
IDK, it’s called Inside Lacrosse. Both men and women play. Must be enough interest in the women’s side to drive inclusion. Seems pretty simple to me. Not to difficult to pass by the articles about the women’s game.

I agree 100% with the lists. I’d get rid of them all. For me personally, I get about as much enjoyment reading them as I would pissing on an electric fence. They keep putting them out there so someone must like them.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Chousnake wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:00 pm Speaking of Inside Lacrosse, does anyone else think the magazine includes far too much content on women's lax? It is about 50/50 now. And combining mens and women's players in all the lists now makes no sense. How do you make a list of top players for an upcoming season and include men and women on the list. I am not misogynistic, but I just do not have any interest in women's lax. I don't follow the sport and don't care to read about it. They should have separate magazines - or at minimum separate sections the magazine and separate lists of top players. If you are going to combine men and women in the same lists, you may as well include DII and DIII in the lists with DI. How do you distinguish between a mens DI attack player and a women's DI defender?
I must have missed the 'lists' that mix women and men together as these days I read IL sporadically online...plenty of articles that cover/mention both, but most all of the lists I see clearly delineate. As do most of the articles.

I'm sure lots of lax fans only pay close attention to one or the other, but lots of families have both boys and girls playing, moms and dads who played, bothers and sisters, cousins, etc.

In my immediate family both my mom and dad played and my sister and I played, her 3 kids, two girls and boy played, as had their father, and my son played (my wife did not...no lax where she was growing up at the time)...so, we follow, at least to some extent, both men's and women's lax at various levels. We can enjoy watching a competitive contest of either gender.

I agree with the comments that if one doesn't follow the other side, no sweat, skip those articles.
jersey shore lax

Post by jersey shore lax »

I hear you, The women being allowed to play lacrosse is bad enough but to include them in a publication and treating them as equals is a little to far. Unless Charlotte North makes an NFL 53 man roster and becomes the first lacrosse player to play in the NFL, I do not want to hear or read about it. Next thing these women will want is to vote and make almost us much money as us.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

U S Lacrosse is also dealing with gender issues.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Holy cow this post is unbelievable. Do you have any women in your life?
Sunnylax

Post by Sunnylax »

Sounds like a misogynist to me. Don't read the women's articles then. Pretty simple you pig.
Sunnylax

Post by Sunnylax »

jersey shore lax wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:05 pm
I hear you, The women being allowed to play lacrosse is bad enough but to include them in a publication and treating them as equals is a little to far. Unless Charlotte North makes an NFL 53 man roster and becomes the first lacrosse player to play in the NFL, I do not want to hear or read about it. Next thing these women will want is to vote and make almost us much money as us.
please tell me this is sarcasm.
Sunnylax

Post by Sunnylax »

Brownlax wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:04 pm
Holy cow this post is unbelievable. Do you have any women in your life?
I would guess no. What woman could stand to be around a pig like this?!
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

They were a much better outlet 10 years ago when shannon foy jiloty and company were shuttling around soggy spring press boxes along the northeast/mid atlantic. They spend a lot of time on the non mens d1 season stuff. The pro leagues, women, recruiting, d3,hs, camps. It was weird that quint left for a site that basically looks like www.creedthoughts.com or wupf.com. I give them a lot of credit though slogging through. For a young journalist there's a lot more ways to try to build a career or earn a living and their people really have a passion and seriousness for what they do.

FWIW the schools all use their recruiting stuff on their sites and some like towson really treat their rankings as honors in their media. They have a real place in the sport they cover which you can't say about too many non tv media orgs anymore.
jersey shore lax

Post by jersey shore lax »

Sunnylax wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:41 pm
Sure, I will tell you that was sarcasm if it makes feel better but the realty is the post came from my heart, I am a constitutional originalist and no where in the constitution does it say women have the right to vote, earn as much as men or play lacrosse. Lacrosse was played to toughen young warriors for combat and for the pleasure of the Creator. If lacrosse was meant for women it would be played in the kitchen....... ( This was also sarcasm as was my original reply )
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Boy this is going to be fun I think.

I do actually agree mixed lists for two games with different rules is odd but TOs stupid clickbait anyways so not that important to their contribution to the game overall compared with some of the other work they do. The rest of the issue not so much. Not worth a thread but this may head in wondrous places from some of the responses so I can’t wait to see it roll on!
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

There are something like 120 Division I women's lacrosse teams, 114 Division II women's lacrosse teams, and 291 Division III women's lacrosse teams. So, around 500 teams.

There are around 150,000 girls playing high school lacrosse.

Just some stats.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

he thought nd should've been out of the tourney, so it checks out.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jersey shore lax wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:46 am
Sure, I will tell you that was sarcasm if it makes feel better but the realty is the post came from my heart, I am a constitutional originalist and no where in the constitution does it say women have the right to vote, earn as much as men or play lacrosse. Lacrosse was played to toughen young warriors for combat and for the pleasure of the Creator. If lacrosse was meant for women it would be played in the kitchen....... ( This was also sarcasm as was my original reply )
And they would play barefoot
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:21 am There are something like 120 Division I women's lacrosse teams, 114 Division II women's lacrosse teams, and 291 Division III women's lacrosse teams. So, around 500 teams.

There are around 150,000 girls playing high school lacrosse.

Just some stats.
that's awesome. didn't know div 2 and 3 filled out so much.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:58 am
jersey shore lax wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:46 am
And they would play barefoot
Would you all please stop the binary!
Surfs_Up

Post by Surfs_Up »

I tend to agree, when I get the magazine 50% is irrelevant to my interest (womens lax). With that said, I imagine the cost and economies of scale require to include both in one magazine. For that, I am willing to skip those pages.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”