Jared Bernhardt

D1 Mens Lacrosse
jakester

Re: Jared Bernhardt

Post by jakester »

Ol'Southlacrosse wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:47 pm
jakester wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:46 pm
Ol'Southlacrosse wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:34 pm I would literally die for Jared Bernhardt first lacrosse player in the NFL he's my idol
Hate to burst your bubble but he is not the first lacrosse player in the NFL. Not even close.
Jared Bernhardt's ability to be a elite duel sport athlete reunited me and my 14 year old son. Please don't speak ill of my hero. Also listen to the post game podcast and you will see you are wrong. Do your research punk. get lost buddy
LMAO guess you need to do some of your own research and look up a guy named Jim Brown. :lol: Played for Syracuse lacrosse and also in the NFL Hall of fame. PLL named MVP award in his honour. But do go on buddy......
Ol'Southlacrosse

Post by Ol'Southlacrosse »

jakester wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:58 pm
Ol'Southlacrosse wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:47 pm
jakester wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:46 pm
Ol'Southlacrosse wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:34 pm I would literally die for Jared Bernhardt first lacrosse player in the NFL he's my idol
Hate to burst your bubble but he is not the first lacrosse player in the NFL. Not even close.
Jared Bernhardt's ability to be a elite duel sport athlete reunited me and my 14 year old son. Please don't speak ill of my hero. Also listen to the post game podcast and you will see you are wrong. Do your research punk. get lost buddy
LMAO guess you need to do some of your own research and look up a guy named Jim Brown. :lol: Played for Syracuse lacrosse and also in the NFL Hall of fame. PLL named MVP award in his honour. But do go on buddy......
Sweet brine king profile picture I remember when I was in first grade. Jim brown was just the team manager: everyone knows that. PLL named the award to draw in more football fans and get views up. Don't buddy me pal your just going to get bodied
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Public Service Announcement: Even I, officially an Old Person by decree of the AARP which now sends me mailings, am aware that the "Jared Bernhardt is the first lacrosse player to play in the NFL" thing is a long-running meme/joke. Don't take the bait (unless you need the protein in which case . . . chomp chomp).
MoralTerpitude

Post by MoralTerpitude »

JB with a first down catch down the middle in second quarter.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

Duh, Chris Hogan :roll:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
Ol'Southlacrosse

Post by Ol'Southlacrosse »

Drcthru wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:10 pm
Duh, Chris Hogan :roll:
show me one Chris hogan clip playing lacrosse and I'll believe he played... oh wait they don't exist
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

Just google Chris Hogan Penn State and u will see plenty. Lmao.
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

Ur obviously joking disregard my message. Lol
a fan

Post by a fan »

Leading receiver for the Falcons.

Pre-season or not, pretty amazing. Hope he can make the squad.
Seahawk

Post by Seahawk »

FYI it’s not that unusual. Let’s wait to see if JB makes and stays on the roster.

https://lacrossebucket.com/2020/04/26/n ... -lacrosse/
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Seahawk wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:39 am FYI it’s not that unusual. Let’s wait to see if JB makes and stays on the roster.

https://lacrossebucket.com/2020/04/26/n ... -lacrosse/

Cool article .

The fascination with Jared is he’s one of the best lacrosse players ever. Then switched to football after not playing for 5 years since high school and immediately being one of the best D3 players in history and then trying out for the nfl and being the leading receiver (a whole brand new position) in preseason

If he gets cut somebody in a better organization is going to grab him. He’s obviously an elite and intelligent force.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

If you all have the time or inclination to go back and watch or read any of Jared's interviews once he donned #1 at Maryland, the word you'll hear him say more than almost any other word is "compete." When he says he just wants to help the team win, that's not him just doing media-speak. That's really what he thinks. All of the Bernhardt boys are like that. He never understood or enjoyed any of the media interest in him, and the thing he disliked most about wearing #1 was being required to do the media obligations (Logan was the same). Just a throwback kind of player. Head down, work hard, compete. I'm sure he doesn't really enjoy all of the media attention now, either. If he didn't get the media attention he had just from the lacrosse media, he's probably floored by the football media attention.
Nassaufan

Post by Nassaufan »

Jared played vs. the Jets in last night's scrimmage. He was constantly getting open and making plays. He was the best receiver -- and possibly the best athlete -- on the field last night.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Wheels wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:30 am If you all have the time or inclination to go back and watch or read any of Jared's interviews once he donned #1 at Maryland, the word you'll hear him say more than almost any other word is "compete." When he says he just wants to help the team win, that's not him just doing media-speak. That's really what he thinks. All of the Bernhardt boys are like that. He never understood or enjoyed any of the media interest in him, and the thing he disliked most about wearing #1 was being required to do the media obligations (Logan was the same). Just a throwback kind of player. Head down, work hard, compete. I'm sure he doesn't really enjoy all of the media attention now, either. If he didn't get the media attention he had just from the lacrosse media, he's probably floored by the football media attention.
Their late father, Jim, was an excellent mentor for the boys. Great kids with an old school work ethic. As Essex wrote above, if the Falcons cut him, he will be scooped up quickly elsewhere given what he's shown thus far in the pre-season.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Jesus guys, do some research. Will Yeatman was the first guy ever to hold a lacrosse stick and then play in NFL.

What will do more in making lacrosse mainstream, the PLL or Chris Hogan and hopefully JB making the NFL?
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

Tom Kennedy is another guy crushing it for the Lions this preseason.

I've got an NFL/Lax throwback...Chas Gessner BRUNO LEGEND...Was split dodging when Yeatman was a wee lad :lol:
jersey shore lax

Post by jersey shore lax »

NNELax wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:39 pm Tom Kennedy is another guy crushing it for the Lions this preseason.

I've got an NFL/Lax throwback...Chas Gessner BRUNO LEGEND...Was split dodging when Yeatman was a wee lad :lol:
I just posted and deleted this after I saw you had beat me to it. #godalers
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Laxxal22 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:33 pm Jesus guys, do some research. Will Yeatman was the first guy ever to hold a lacrosse stick and then play in NFL.

What will do more in making lacrosse mainstream, the PLL or Chris Hogan and hopefully JB making the NFL?
quote]jim brown was landing hollywood starlets before will yeatman was an apple in his momma's eye.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Bernhardt has done better than I thought he'd do and looks like he belongs out there, preseason or no preseason. He's not going to make the 53-man roster but seems likely to make the practice squad and who knows, with injuries during the season he could get the call up. Even if he never graduates from the practice squad he's still making a lot more money doing that than if he were playing in the PLL, that's for sure.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

I know that this thread has become a joke of sorts with people adding sarcastic comments about Jim Brown, Will Yeatman and Chris Hogan.

But, I thought I would add another D1 lacrosse player who actually was a first round pick, an All-Pro and overall monster in NFL for 11 years. Patrick Kerney was a defensive end who was drafted 30th by the Atlanta Falcons in 1998. Kerney originally went to University of Virginia (out of Taft Prep School) on a very small scholarship to play lacrosse for Dom Starsia. Starsia introduced Kerney to the football coach as a potential walk-on candidate his freshman year. As it turned out, he was the top freshman on the football team. Over his first two years in Charlottesville he was forced to forego spring football because of his commitment to the lacrosse squad. Kerney quit the lacrosse team his junior year and bulked up to 290lbs in order to pursue a career in the NFL.

Behind Jim Brown, arguably the best lacrosse player ever in the NFL.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”