Coaching Carousal

D2 Mens Lacrosse
jakester

Re: Coaching Carousal

Post by jakester »

smoova wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:10 pm Hearing that Vince Smith has resigned at Colorado Mesa.
Yup - https://cmumavericks.com/news/2022/7/13 ... unity.aspx
Warrior62

Post by Warrior62 »

Catawba and Mesa on same day way. Both good jobs. Catawba w alot of potential if someone comes in who will work hard
greatwhitenorth

Post by greatwhitenorth »

eclax42 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:38 pm Hearing the whole Catawba staff resigned. Big openings if true.
http://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/ja/1713 ... _JOB_ALERT
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

Holy Family University (Philadelphia) is starting lacrosse and is looking for a Men's Coach
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
Leonard Washington

Leonard Washington wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:14 am Holy Family University (Philadelphia) is starting lacrosse and is looking for a Men's Coach
Not to far away location wise, but it seems Chestnut Hill is looking for a new coach as well.
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
DQKing

Post by DQKing »

Holy Family link:
https://www.holyfamily.edu/about/admini ... oordinator

Any idea when they will start play?

CHC opening? What happened to Terranova? Seemed he was doing well there no?
Leonard Washington

DQKing wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:57 am Holy Family link:
https://www.holyfamily.edu/about/admini ... oordinator

Any idea when they will start play?
Just a guess but I'm thinking fall of 2023. Still havent seen an official announcement anywhere though.
vburk6

Post by vburk6 »

Chestnut Hill head coach has left to be the assistant at Harvard
Leonard Washington

vburk6 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:19 pm Chestnut Hill head coach has left to be the assistant at Harvard
Pretty significant move, regardless of where Coach Terranova is on Coach Byrne's staff.

Does DeCarlo have the inside track to the job since he is the associate head coach?
LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

D'Youville goes with Wilson from Felician

https://athletics.dyc.edu/sports/mlax/2 ... 0801e48ix8
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

I’ve heard that Young Harris has their guy. Players were informed today. It should be announced next week.
Leonard Washington

StuckinD2 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:18 pm I’ve heard that Young Harris has their guy. Players were informed today. It should be announced next week.
Any hints for those of us out of the loop on this one?
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Young Harris has hired Coach Beard, most recently the top assistant for AFC Richmond in the English Premier League. I met Coach Beard back when he was the defensive coordinator at Wichita State, and he always seemed like a good guy. Not sure if he's really got that HC mentality (always seemed like a supporting player to me), but we will see. Good Luck to Young Harris -- they've certainly effed it up about as much as anyone possibly could the last couple years. Hope they get it right this time.
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
OHLaxDad

Post by OHLaxDad »

WhiteCarrera wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:45 pm Young Harris has hired Coach Beard, most recently the top assistant for AFC Richmond in the English Premier League. I met Coach Beard back when he was the defensive coordinator at Wichita State, and he always seemed like a good guy. Not sure if he's really got that HC mentality (always seemed like a supporting player to me), but we will see. Good Luck to Young Harris -- they've certainly effed it up about as much as anyone possibly could the last couple years. Hope they get it right this time.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Doxology

Post by Doxology »

Hearing Catawba is about to be filled and Mt. Olive to be open.
Leonard Washington

Doxology wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:45 pm Hearing Catawba is about to be filled and Mt. Olive to be open.
Welcome home Murph!!! Never had a losing record at UMO and always up to play anyone, anytime, anywhere. One of the best hires, IMO, this cycle, at any level if true.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

Doxology wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:45 pm Hearing Catawba is about to be filled and Mt. Olive to be open.
I heard the same thing.. also hearing Mount Olive is already filled. If anyones familiar with UMO then you prolly have a good idea of who… at least from what I’ve heard.
Bob Lawblaw

Post by Bob Lawblaw »

eclax42

Post by eclax42 »

StuckinD2 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:34 pm
I heard the same thing.. also hearing Mount Olive is already filled. If anyones familiar with UMO then you prolly have a good idea of who… at least from what I’ve heard.
Has to be either Schwartz or Price coming back. Only two names that would really come to mind.
NCLax14

Post by NCLax14 »

Leonard Washington wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:58 am
Welcome home Murph!!! Never had a losing record at UMO and always up to play anyone, anytime, anywhere. One of the best hires, IMO, this cycle, at any level if true.
Good for Murph. Solid dude and will have Catawba competitive again quickly. Good move for all involved

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”