Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:01 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:54 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:46 pm What are you on? I didn’t say you can’t criticize Musk
You just whined like a toddler when we did. Waaaaah. Musk a business man, fellas, hands off!! :lol:

Ah, Pete. Never change.

Of course not at all what I said, which is why you cut up posts to mislead others. Par for the course for you. If you don’t think people understand your act, good luck.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: what a fool. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ardilla secreta wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:13 pm Why are we going back to the moon? Did Shepard lose his car keys there?
Lassie went there

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s-hmqY2Md4I
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/08/elon-mu ... -deal.html

Surprise! Musk wants out of the deal to acquire Twitter.

It may not be that simple or easy but will be very expensive.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Kismet wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:44 pm https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/08/elon-mu ... -deal.html

The deal never actually worked at the price he proposed and he obviously realized that was the case...ego got in the way of common sense.

Lawyers may be the only folks who get paid on this fiasco.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:46 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:11 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:52 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:16 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:46 pm In my original post, I was practically laughing at you. And the point as I repeated was you are jealous of the guy.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Telling that you think this makes sense.

Pete----if you think that you shouldn't criticize a public persona because they have accomplished more than you have (depending on how you define that)......you understand that Pete can't criticize anyone?

You sure as sh*t can't criticize Biden, Pete. You get that, right?
You can criticize anyone you want to criticize, especially politicians as I’ve stated over and over.
Yeah, except you can't erase that you told us that you can't criticize Musk, Pete.

Sorry mate, you can't reverse time. And you keep doing this-----say one thing, do another. Hypocrite.

What are you on? I didn’t say you can’t criticize Musk; I laughed at your amen corner because you weren’t criticizing him for anything substantive. You just don’t like the fact he’s pro-speech. And that’s okay provided you admit it.

You guys do everything possible to avoid being honest. If you think he’s running his five companies poorly, fire away. If you think a CEO should be woke but he’s not, fire away. If you think a CEO should join your squad in denouncing free speech, fire away.

But let’s be honest for a change, okay? Don’t shuck and jive around the real reasons.

So far as his daughter or son, I think it’s fair to offer a passing comment like ‘hey I hope it works out’. But it’s not okay to use the kid to say Elon is a crappy parent, such as what your wingman MD did.
whoa, where did I say Musk "is a crappy parent"???

It's obvious his daughter is ticked at him, but does that make him a "crappy parent"?
Maybe, maybe not...but what it does make clear is that she's angry, really, really angry and we can surmise that it's likely to do with his public, and perhaps private, statements about LGBT+ issues, particularly trans.

Here's exactly what I wrote:

On this particular issue, the daughter made her relationship with her father into a public story. Musk himself has made his views about LGBTQ, and particularly trans, issues a matter of public story. He didn't need to make those disparaging statements about those who are concerned with their gender identity being understood, etc...but he chose to do so. His daughter's decision certainly seems to be directly related to his views on trans issues and rights, and is obviously deeply felt. We know what he's said publicly, we can only imagine what he's said privately...but we do know that is daughter is really ticked.

I also pointed out:

Petey simply can't keep up, can't keep his stories straight.
It's the problem many liars have...telling the truth is far, far easier.

Petey, I recall your many, many posts about Musk on this thread and elsewhere, way before anyone mentioned anything about his family (and that only happened after his trans daughter's decision hit the news).

You have thrown all sorts of mud at all sorts of people, prominent and not, made all sorts of disparaging comments about them and their families, and likewise have used people's families repeatedly as if evidence of moral character. Mere pictures of a smiling family are sufficient for you to claim such...if their politics fit your concept of "normal".

Yes, you have repeatedly made the accusation that fellow poster's are "jealous" of Musk and, while there's no evidence of such jealousy from anyone on here who has issues with his politics, the closest that could be claimed is that people have said that they admire his business success, his brilliant mind, and entrepreneurship...and yet, don't like his personality, his ego needs, his treatment of others. And, sure, they disagree with his political views, and are suspicious that much of his Twitter play is merely cover for his ego.

He's clearly not the only billionaire to ever be unlikable, and while people (like me) may well admire his positive attributes, these two views can easily co-exist.

Far as I can tell, the "jealousy" is more likely demonstrated by those who fawn over him as if he's the perfect vessel for their anger at the world...like you, Petey. You appear to be projecting your jealousy of his brains and success onto others who have no such hang-ups.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Well Musk has pulled out of his I am doing it for "Free Speech" Twitter deal. Wasn't enough free speech in the deal I guess. :lol: :lol: :lol: All the right wing bozos got played again! Faux News crowd looks like a bunch of idiots. Who would have guessed? :lol: The smart money called it the day they announced he was going to buy it.
Last edited by jhu72 on Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:43 pm Well Musk has pulled out of his I am doing it for "Free Speech" Twitter deal. Wasn't enough free speech in the deal I guess. :lol: :lol: :lol: All the right wing bozos got played again! Faux News crowd looks like a bunch of idiots. Who would have guessed. :lol:

You do realize he remains the largest shareholder, right?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:43 pm Well Musk has pulled out of his I am doing it for "Free Speech" Twitter deal. Wasn't enough free speech in the deal I guess. :lol: :lol: :lol: All the right wing bozos got played again! Faux News crowd looks like a bunch of idiots. Who would have guessed? :lol: The smart money called it the day they announced he was going to buy it.
Deal never made any sense to me. Argued with my “public square” buddies about it.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:55 pm
Kismet wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:44 pm https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/08/elon-mu ... -deal.html

The deal never actually worked at the price he proposed and he obviously realized that was the case...ego got in the way of common sense.

Lawyers may be the only folks who get paid on this fiasco.
+1000
Typical Lax Dad

PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

After SCROTUS disenfranchises all of us when it endorses the “independent state legislature” in Warner v. Moore, Twatter won’t be worth jacksquat. Elon’s a d-bag, but not a stupid d-bag.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
ggait

Post by ggait »

Peter Brown wrote: ↑Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:41 pm
He’s also stated that he’s not seeking to make this some great investment, rather doing it to preserve free speech.
Air Ball Air Ball Air Ball Air Ball.

Gotta love Petey.

Never in doubt. Always in error.

P.S. GILD stock closed at $62.84 today.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

“In a month of mania, [Elon] committed to paying $54 a share for something that is now worth $20, and the piggy bank he was going to use to finance this deal with is now 40% smaller... He can’t afford this deal, and he’s f*cked.”

The Twitter Board headed for Chancery Court in Delaware to force the deal. It’s minimum take is $1,000,000,000, and that’s for letting Musk go easy into the night.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

When you read these boards, it’s a good reminder why the framers established the Senate.

: Madison explained that the Senate would be a "necessary fence" against the "fickleness and passion" that tended to influence the attitudes of the general public and members of the House of Representatives. :

The folks commenting on the Musk Twitter deal have no understanding of the complexities nor negotiations, yet seem entirely confident making statements like ‘Musk will pay a $billion’.

If you’d allow for the smallest amount of humility to admit you actually don’t know the situation and these are simply guesses, it wouldn’t be as cringe as it is. But because the FLP are always so sure of themselves when they know absolutely nothing about an issue, it reminds me that the framers knew enough about the mob to fully distrust the mob. They were of course correct, and you can read these boards to understand why.

Musk will sue for the company’s negligence and fraud. He remains the single largest shareholder. He may end up with the company at a lowered price. He may pay to leave. He might become a board member. He might exert influence even without buying the company in full. Maybe he’s already exerted the influence he sought (Berensen is back). Maybe the SEC investigates Twitter for manipulating data. Maybe advertisers demand more transparency on bots. Maybe the business model is impaired as a result.

We don’t know is the issue. Unless you’re on his legal team, or the company’s, you’re just guessing.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:24 am
We don’t know is the issue. Unless you’re on his legal team, or the company’s, you’re just guessing.
That's not what you told us, Petey. You told us that this wasn't about finance. You told us it was about Musk's unwavering
commitment to Free Speech.

Guess not. You should are wrong an awful lot, Pete.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

a fan wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:19 pm
That's not what you told us, Petey. You told us that this wasn't about finance. You told us it was about Musk's unwavering

Let's be fair here -Patey is WRONG ALL OF THE TIME....EVERY TIME. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:19 pm

Again, this board is not about me. Try to focus on the subject.

The Musk Twitter saga remains about free speech. The leftist lunatics who patrol the ‘safety team’ are a danger to society. Musk has clipped their wings already. A good start but more remains to be done.

Twitter may have added fraud to the mix. He’s smart to put the deal on pause and force their hand. Getting Twitter for 50% off isn’t the dumbest choice. Meanwhile he remains the largest shareholder.

Any right minded SEC auditor right now should be headed to Twitters HQ to demand analysis on their counting of bots. This is how they sell to advertisers. If management have been fudging numbers, the feds should want to know. Whether they will under this administration remains to be seen, as it’s clear we have a two tiered justice system in America, but time is on the good guys side.

I think, like way too many other issues with you and your squad, spiking the football while in the first quarter may not be too wise in the end.
Last edited by Peter Brown on Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:36 pm I think, like way too many other issues with you and your squad, spiking the football while in the first quarter may not be too wise in the end.
Oh, we have no doubts that Musk will save you and your pals who think company that sells its users to advertisers will see the light, and start allowing pedophiles, child traffickers, and white supremacists to tweet without (snicker) what Pete thinks is 'censorship'. And then Pete will rejoice.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:40 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:36 pm I think, like way too many other issues with you and your squad, spiking the football while in the first quarter may not be too wise in the end.
Oh, we have no doubts that Musk will save you and your pals who think company that sells its users to advertisers will see the light, and start allowing pedophiles, child traffickers, and white supremacists to tweet without (snicker) what Pete thinks is 'censorship'. And then Pete will rejoice.

It’s awful to have differing opinions on things like vaccines.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:40 pm
Musk wants us to have a Public Square. He has plenty of money to make it happen. How do you put a price on principle?

Return to “POLITICS”