2022 D3 NCAA Tournament Bracket

D3 Mens Lacrosse
JumboFan4

Re: 2022 D3 NCAA Tournament Bracket

Post by JumboFan4 »

ah23 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:20 pm Thought Tufts would win, but man…that was a complete blowout. Made SJF look like a very average team for sixty minutes.
Mason Kohn suddenly taking the majority of the draws at X and dominating is a wrinkle that most probably didn’t see coming. Curious as to why he wasn’t more of a factor earlier in the season. Bredahl also broke Uppgren’s single season points record and is in striking distance of the DIII single season record. They’re going to be a tough out if they can do this next weekend against Salisbury.
I drive a Dodge Stratus.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

JumboFan4 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:15 pm
ah23 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:20 pm Thought Tufts would win, but man…that was a complete blowout. Made SJF look like a very average team for sixty minutes.
Mason Kohn suddenly taking the majority of the draws at X and dominating is a wrinkle that most probably didn’t see coming. Curious as to why he wasn’t more of a factor earlier in the season. Bredahl also broke Uppgren’s single season points record and is in striking distance of the DIII single season record. They’re going to be a tough out if they can do this next weekend against Salisbury.
Seriously. Kohn showing up and beating Joe Post straight up was shocking. Thought faceoffs were Tufts' biggest weakness last year by far - if that's fixed (aka if this wasn't an aberration) and they can string together make it-take it possessions against high-level FOGOs, hard to imagine any defense in the country stopping them for 60 minutes.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Because he is a leading scorer on the hockey team and hasn't played lacrosse since HS (was s'posed to play in '20 and '21 but was injured). True story. Found money basically.

Also, Garzone, the gk, was ridiculous today. Good fogo/gk play and I like Tufts v. anybody.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

No way…that is wild.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Four games and it looks like it will be two at 12 and two at 3. That’s disappointing.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

4 great games coming up. With 7 of the top teams from all season. Gettyburgh sneaks in. But most aren’t surprised. Dickinson was never tested. Based on the results from yesterday, there is a big drop off once you get past the first 8

I have been saying that the top 4 teams are also much better then the next 4. With that said, I am only expecting tufts/Salisbury to be close. Maybe YORK/CNU could be close. I think RIT and Union win by at least 5 each
Slim

Post by Slim »

Jumbo, I gotta say I was shocked by the Dickinson loss. Not so much by the L but by the blowout score. This team was better than that, but they were out-coached and outplayed, particularly in the cage. Kudos to Gettysburg! It IS very hard to beat a conference rival 3x in a season for sure. Good luck to the Bullets the rest of the way.

My prognostications moving forward;
Salisbury v Tufts - 16-15 Tufts in a shootout and bloodbath.
CNU v York - 15-10 CNU, too many hired guns for the Captains.
Union v Gettysburg - *(My upset special) 11-10 Gettysburg in a nail-biter as they continue to ride the wave of old man mo.
RIT v Bowdoin - This one intrigues me but I think Bowdoin outlasts the Tigers 14-13.
ergit

Post by ergit »

Slim wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:42 am Jumbo, I gotta say I was shocked by the Dickinson loss. Not so much by the L but by the blowout score. This team was better than that, but they were out-coached and outplayed, particularly in the cage. Kudos to Gettysburg! It IS very hard to beat a conference rival 3x in a season for sure. Good luck to the Bullets the rest of the way.

My prognostications moving forward;
Salisbury v Tufts - 16-15 Tufts in a shootout and bloodbath.
CNU v York - 15-10 CNU, too many hired guns for the Captains.
Union v Gettysburg - *(My upset special) 11-10 Gettysburg in a nail-biter as they continue to ride the wave of old man mo.
RIT v Bowdoin - This one intrigues me but I think Bowdoin outlasts the Tigers 14-13.
Sentimental picks…
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

Tufts/Salisbury is the only game I would expect to be within 4 goals.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Not surprised by the Dickinson score at all, did not play a great schedule and had to try and beat Gettysburg for a third time. That being said Gettysburg probably has no more than a puncher chance to win on Saturday. I think that Salisbury Tufts will be a great game and a pick'em but I am going to go with Salisbury here. RIt by a few and If York can match CNU's energy earlier and win some faceoffs I think they have a chance. I actually think they have an edge by playing them on Saturday and playing on Sunday with one day's rest will be about Energy and depth. I will say that CNU has been the best team I have seen in person all season, but I fully admit to not seeing, Bowdoin, Tufts, or Union. The three games in Rochester are going to be great.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Saturday's Best Games in order:

1 Salisbury #1 vs #5 Tufts... Great. Salisbury.
2 RIT #2 vs #6 Bowdoin... Great. RIT.
3 Christopher Newport #4 vs #7 York... Great. CNU.
4 Gettysburg #13 vs #3 Union... Union. G'burg's upset was great but a big question mark whether this was a rejuvenated G'burg team or just one great game.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Let's put a little respect on Dickinson's name...they didn't beat any GREAT teams (no top ten opponents), but they had a tough schedule with very few easy games. Wins over Roanoke, Cabrini, Stevenson, Denison, Muhlenberg, Ursinus (2x), Gettysburg (2x), F&M. The fact that nearly every game was within a few goals and they could never pull away was an indication that Dickinson probably was squarely in the second tier at the top of D-III, but you don't get to 19-0 coming out of the Centennial without being a really, really good lacrosse team. Credit to Gettysburg for being ready to go against a team that had their number - twice - and playing their best game of the season when it mattered most.
overandback

Post by overandback »

ah23 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:56 am Let's put a little respect on Dickinson's name...they didn't beat any GREAT teams (no top ten opponents), but they had a tough schedule with very few easy games. Wins over Roanoke, Cabrini, Stevenson, Denison, Muhlenberg, Ursinus (2x), Gettysburg (2x), F&M. The fact that nearly every game was within a few goals and they could never pull away was an indication that Dickinson probably was squarely in the second tier at the top of D-III, but you don't get to 19-0 coming out of the Centennial without being a really, really good lacrosse team. Credit to Gettysburg for being ready to go against a team that had their number - twice - and playing their best game of the season when it mattered most.
Agree.
Dickinson is a young team and very likely will be back and stronger in the next year or two.
In post game press conf, Coach Webster alluded to Gettysburg's size as a major factor. Once Bullets offense found itself (in the second half of the CC Championship game) that size advantage became very clear on GBs and dodging vs Devils SSDMs and D.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Asgot wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:26 am Not surprised by the Dickinson score at all, did not play a great schedule and had to try and beat Gettysburg for a third time. That being said Gettysburg probably has no more than a puncher chance to win on Saturday. I think that Salisbury Tufts will be a great game and a pick'em but I am going to go with Salisbury here. RIt by a few and If York can match CNU's energy earlier and win some faceoffs I think they have a chance. I actually think they have an edge by playing them on Saturday and playing on Sunday with one day's rest will be about Energy and depth. I will say that CNU has been the best team I have seen in person all season, but I fully admit to not seeing, Bowdoin, Tufts, or Union. The three games in Rochester are going to be great.
York can win, but has to have the best game of the year. Limited mistakes. Face off has to dominate. He must win 2/3 (York gets possession, not just win the clamp). Goalie has to save 75%. It’s unlikely, but of the three games, this is my call for best chance of an upset. (I think tufts/Salisbury is a toss up and don’t think it is an upset no matter who wins)
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

overandback wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:07 pm
ah23 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:56 am Let's put a little respect on Dickinson's name...they didn't beat any GREAT teams (no top ten opponents), but they had a tough schedule with very few easy games. Wins over Roanoke, Cabrini, Stevenson, Denison, Muhlenberg, Ursinus (2x), Gettysburg (2x), F&M. The fact that nearly every game was within a few goals and they could never pull away was an indication that Dickinson probably was squarely in the second tier at the top of D-III, but you don't get to 19-0 coming out of the Centennial without being a really, really good lacrosse team. Credit to Gettysburg for being ready to go against a team that had their number - twice - and playing their best game of the season when it mattered most.
Agree.
Dickinson is a young team and very likely will be back and stronger in the next year or two.
In post game press conf, Coach Webster alluded to Gettysburg's size as a major factor. Once Bullets offense found itself (in the second half of the CC Championship game) that size advantage became very clear on GBs and dodging vs Devils SSDMs and D.
As a Roanoke fan, I am surprised that Gettysburg team lost seven games this season. They were big and strong, aggressive on ball and relentless on GBs, and the goalie was outstanding. Good ball movement, accurate shooting. All in all a very good team. I thought Roanoke might win the Dickinson game all throughout, but I never felt like we had any chance at all to win the Gettysburg game right from the first whistle. They are peaking at the right time, and I think they'll beat Union - didn't think that before this weekend, but I'm a believer now.

I still think CNU is the best D3 team in the country and I think they'll win the ship.
richard

Post by richard »

Salisbury -Tufts. If Tufts doesn’t overthink things they should handle the gulls.
Union - G-burg. Tight game. These are similar teams. As a Liberty fan gotta go with the Dutchmen.
RIT- Bowdoin. RIT will put the Bears away by 5 or 6.
York- CNU. I thought York looked really strong vs Denison. CNU when they are at their best is better than any team in d3.
Going with CNU.

Here’s hoping these games pan out better than the last round.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

DeepPocket wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:50 am Four games and it looks like it will be two at 12 and two at 3. That’s disappointing.

Disappointing why most teams don’t have game video on their schedule. LYN has them all game video linked to utube on their schedule (although I didn’t feel the need to watch my bugs get squished again by WNE)….
Salisbury, W&L, Stevenson and some other teams do as well..
Seems all these playoff games could easily not be missed….
D3 Fan

Post by D3 Fan »

I see CNU winning by 3-5. York has made strides and can keep it close but CNU seems to be on another level. I'm sure York will study the Salisbury tape to see how to derail the CNU machine. I expect this to be a great game.

Lifelong Gulls guy...but just have a bad feeling about this one. Tufts style of play can rattle the Gulls at times and they have had their fair share of trouble with GBs, FOs and goalie play at points. If they start slow and Tufts rolls early, I'm not sure the Gulls can come back but if Gulls start strong, methodical and patient, they can pull it out. No hero ball, gotta be playing team offense. Really hope I'm wrong but color me very nervous right now. I say Tufts 16-11.

I picked Union over Gettysburg but Gettysburg is on a roll right now, so I admittedly am starting to second guess myself. Always had a deep respect for the Bullets and always wished Coach Hank would have gotten a ring before he retired. What an amazing man on and off the field. Could see them pulling the upset but at the same time but I'm sticking with Union as they been solid from start to finish this year.

RIT - Bowdoin, seems NESCAC teams can meddle with RITs style but I see RIT 17 9. Just not sure Bowdoin can run with them for a full 60 but hats off to them for getting this far, not sure many people early in the season really expected them to be here.

Can't wait for the games!
corn_boy

Post by corn_boy »

[
Last edited by corn_boy on Tue May 17, 2022 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
laxpert

Post by laxpert »

ah23 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:43 pm
Seriously. Kohn showing up and beating Joe Post straight up was shocking. Thought faceoffs were Tufts' biggest weakness last year by far - if that's fixed (aka if this wasn't an aberration) and they can string together make it-take it possessions against high-level FOGOs, hard to imagine any defense in the country stopping them for 60 minutes.
Tufts was better in every facet of the game. I would have to give an assist to the under ranked Catholic Cards who gave SJF a challenging contest 24 hours earlier while Tufts easily took care of business. According to the box Kohn didn't take any faceoffs on Saturday and possibly his technique was the SJF guys kryptonite. A previous poster pointed out how prepping for Tufts zone was going to be challenging when playing back to back games for SJF and same would be true for RIT if they advance. Excited to see if the Gulls can dissect the Jumbos D, if not Tufts is probably headed to Memorial Day weekend.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”