Programs on the rise/fall

D1 Womens Lacrosse
rafterjack

Down from the hills they come ...

Post by rafterjack »

Danielle Spencer chose getting this season off hard. They were decent against her alma mater (15-21), B.C. (10-20),
and it took two O.T.'s before falling to/at Michigan (10-11). I think it paid off. Subsequent, except for a win amidst the above against Binghamton, wins over Columbia, Brown, Harvard besides, UMass, Hofstra and UConn. The biggest tests ahead. One comes Saturday in Hanover against Princeton (6-3) with Penn (8-2) to follow the next weekend in Philadelphia. Dartmouth might even, may be, called 'favored' Saturday. Tigers (6-3) however always so very hard to beat. Do think changes coming to Ivy with such as new coaches Devon Wills and Danielle, others.
Last edited by rafterjack on Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seacoaster

Re: Programs on the rise/fall

Post by seacoaster »

Talisker rafter? What?
wlaxnut

Re: Duke is about to experience a mini fall

Post by wlaxnut »

Starting today, Duke will begin a stretch where they play the iron of the ACC in 4 of the next 5 games--#3 Syracuse, #1 Boston College, #6 Notre Dame, #4 North Carolina. They will have a rude awakening. They will get their hats handed to them. They'll be taken to the woodshed, etc. Whatever cliche works best for you. It will be interesting to see if Charlotte North continues her torrid scoring pace against these four imposing conference foes. No doubt some, if not all, of these teams will factor her into the defensive gameplan, whether by face guard or some other strategy. Whether North scores a lot or not, she won't be enough to get them over the hump. They will come to the realization that they can't run with the big dogs this year. My guess is they'll go 0-4. 1-3 at the absolute best.
shootingspace

Post by shootingspace »

Agreed Duke -Cuse will be a test. Also like JHU-Michigan and UVA -BC for show me what you got games
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

wlaxnut wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:04 am Starting today, Duke will begin a stretch where they play the iron of the ACC in 4 of the next 5 games--#3 Syracuse, #1 Boston College, #6 Notre Dame, #4 North Carolina. They will have a rude awakening. They will get their hats handed to them. They'll be taken to the woodshed, etc. Whatever cliche works best for you. It will be interesting to see if Charlotte North continues her torrid scoring pace against these four imposing conference foes. No doubt some, if not all, of these teams will factor her into the defensive gameplan, whether by face guard or some other strategy. Whether North scores a lot or not, she won't be enough to get them over the hump. They will come to the realization that they can't run with the big dogs this year. My guess is they'll go 0-4. 1-3 at the absolute best.
The face guard sure seemed to work - North only had one assist on Saturday.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

cltlax wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:19 am
wlaxnut wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:04 am Starting today, Duke will begin a stretch where they play the iron of the ACC in 4 of the next 5 games--#3 Syracuse, #1 Boston College, #6 Notre Dame, #4 North Carolina. They will have a rude awakening. They will get their hats handed to them. They'll be taken to the woodshed, etc. Whatever cliche works best for you. It will be interesting to see if Charlotte North continues her torrid scoring pace against these four imposing conference foes. No doubt some, if not all, of these teams will factor her into the defensive gameplan, whether by face guard or some other strategy. Whether North scores a lot or not, she won't be enough to get them over the hump. They will come to the realization that they can't run with the big dogs this year. My guess is they'll go 0-4. 1-3 at the absolute best.
The face guard sure seemed to work - North only had one assist on Saturday.
I know. That was crazy. I never expected no goals.
Badlands

Post by Badlands »

Not quite how it played out. Only a one-goal loss. Just like their one-goal losses to Northwestern and Penn.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Badlands wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:09 am
Not quite how it played out. Only a one-goal loss. Just like their one-goal losses to Northwestern and Penn.
True. I didn’t think it would be that close against Syracuse. I can’t completely give you Northwestern though, Selena Lasota was out that game. Duke was better than I thought they would be, but I still think they will go 0-4. And ultimately, even if they are all close affairs, 0 and 4 is still 0 and 4, and it will prove that they can’t hang with the elite this year. But, we shall see. Still three games to go.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Loss - Syracuse - 15-14
Loss - Boston College - 20-12
Loss - Notre Dame - 15-7
Loss - North Carolina - 19-5
-----------------------------------
GF 38 GA 69

Charlotte North - total goals in 4 games
vs Syr - 0
vs BC - 1
vs ND - 3
vs NC - 1

https://youtu.be/gGdfBIDy_k8

Just having a little fun.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

While watching the replay of the Virginia Tech Hokies hosting and losing to the Louisville Cardinals, I couldn't help but ponder the seeming direction these two programs are taking. The Cards seem to be on the rise and the Hokies seem to be going the other way. Sad. Now I don't know whether there's any basis for my feelings, but VT just doesn't seem to be able to write the follow up chapter to that good 2018 team that had an excellent leader in Tristan McGinley.
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

Vanderbilt, 11-2 so far this season. Must fit into the "program on the rise" category.
EasyRider

Post by EasyRider »

Louisville on the rise.
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

Great to see Vandy with a nice record. But, they have not played anyone.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

livelovelax wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:59 am Great to see Vandy with a nice record. But, they have not played anyone.
Very true--and that will be further proved in their next four games. The next two games at Florida (both losses) and then two back home vs Temple which I think will be a split.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”