Another D1 - ?

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Surfs_Up

Another D1 - ?

Post by Surfs_Up »

Anyone heard the rumor that NAU - Northern Arizona U may be applying for D1?
golden11

Re: Another D1 - ?

Post by golden11 »

Haven't heard anything. Where did you see/hear the rumor? Just curious
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Surfs_Up wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:00 pm Anyone heard the rumor that NAU - Northern Arizona U may be applying for D1?
I wore NAU basketball socks my junior and senior year of high school! Go ‘Jacks!
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Homer

Post by Homer »

For whatever reason, I've always loved the word "Coconino."

Sadly, NAU is already obviously a D1 institution, so "applying to be D1" is not actually a thing. But I gather the rumor is they might want to start a varsity lacrosse team? That's cool, I honestly bet they'd do well.

But it'd be super expensive with minimal bottom-line benefit to the school, so I'm guessing the rumor is fake. Unless there's a whale alum who wants to self-fund from the get-go. In which case it's not really NAU starting the team; they're just along for the ride.
golden11

Post by golden11 »

Homer wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:12 am For whatever reason, I've always loved the word "Coconino."

Sadly, NAU is already obviously a D1 institution, so "applying to be D1" is not actually a thing. But I gather the rumor is they might want to start a varsity lacrosse team? That's cool, I honestly bet they'd do well.

But it'd be super expensive with minimal bottom-line benefit to the school, so I'm guessing the rumor is fake. Unless there's a whale alum who wants to self-fund from the get-go. In which case it's not really NAU starting the team; they're just along for the ride.
Their MCLA team has been consistently good so it’s not too far fetched to think the people involved with the team have been talking to the school about going DI. If it’s a big donor there’s really zero way of knowing about it unless they told someone who then told more people. Really just curious to see where this rumor started in the first place
Surfs_Up

Post by Surfs_Up »

It was broadcasted on a MCLA game that was online. It was mentioned that they were looking at going NCAA D1. Of course, this could be BIG TIME rumor. But it was said in an online broadcast.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Seems kind of tough logistically. Flagstaff is not easy to get to for any team, and at almost 7,000 feet so its gonna be chilly.
golden11

Post by golden11 »

Surfs_Up wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:01 pm It was broadcasted on a MCLA game that was online. It was mentioned that they were looking at going NCAA D1. Of course, this could be BIG TIME rumor. But it was said in an online broadcast.

During an NAU game or just another game?
Surfs_Up

Post by Surfs_Up »

It was mentioned during the ASU vs Arizona game

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”