Games Televised and Webcasted 2019

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Dr. Tact

Re: Games Televised and Webcasted 2019

Post by Dr. Tact »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:04 am So...

Georgetown-BC -- BC by a bundle

Duke -Penn -- Penn by a bundle

Notre Dame - UVA -- UVA in a squeaker; this'll be UND's first game of any consequence.

Maryland - The OSU -- Terps with running clock at some point

PSU - Michigan -- We Are in a revenge-filled squeaker

Loyola - Army -- Loyola rebounds from UVA loss

UNC - Florida -- UNC easily, maybe 6 or 7 goal margin
BC by 5-6
Penn by 6+
UVA easily by 4+
Terps by 12+
Michigan by 1-2
UNC by 8+
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Of all the games this weekend, the ones I am the most interested in are:

1) Penn State at Michigan - This is a big test for both teams. I know PS wants revenge for last years loss to the Wolverines at home when they blew the 1 goal lead with 6.2 seconds left in the game, giving up the tying and winning goals in that span. I'm not sure their desire for revenge will be enough. Michigan is playing good ball these days and they have beat some decent ranked opponents. Seems a long time ago when the Nittany Lions beat Towson back in February and have since lost to Princeton, Loyola and JMU. But all that is the past. Come game time, none of that will matter. Who will execute, who will get the breaks, etc. Looking forward to this one first.

2) Another one is BC vs Georgetown - Not because I think it will be much of a game. The Eagles should cruise to a comfortable win at home. I just want to keep tabs on the team with the "National Championship Title or Bust" banner over their season. They are a very talented and exciting team to watch, whether in a blowout or a tight game.

3) Finally, I have become intrigued to see how Notre Dame handles their first big test of the season, which comes against ACC rival Virginia. I think ND will get exposed, having played an easy schedule thus far, but who knows, they may make a statement by beating Virginia at home.

There are some other great games this weekend, but these are the most compelling for me.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

wlaxnut wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:40 pm Of all the games this weekend, the ones I am the most interested in are:

1) Penn State at Michigan - This is a big test for both teams. I know PS wants revenge for last years loss to the Wolverines at home when they blew the 1 goal lead with 6.2 seconds left in the game, giving up the tying and winning goals in that span. I'm not sure their desire for revenge will be enough. Michigan is playing good ball these days and they have beat some decent ranked opponents. Seems a long time ago when the Nittany Lions beat Towson back in February and have since lost to Princeton, Loyola and JMU. But all that is the past. Come game time, none of that will matter. Who will execute, who will get the breaks, etc. Looking forward to this one first.

2) Another one is BC vs Georgetown - Not because I think it will be much of a game. The Eagles should cruise to a comfortable win at home. I just want to keep tabs on the team with the "National Championship Title or Bust" banner over their season. They are a very talented and exciting team to watch, whether in a blowout or a tight game.

3) Finally, I have become intrigued to see how Notre Dame handles their first big test of the season, which comes against ACC rival Virginia. I think ND will get exposed, having played an easy schedule thus far, but who knows, they may make a statement by beating Virginia at home.

There are some other great games this weekend, but these are the most compelling for me.
1) I hear that a major player on PSU is out with a knee. I think Mich. could win with her playing, but with her out, I think the Wolverines win by 2-4.

2) BC wins this easily. Ricky is now coaching his "day job" and has the Hoyas playing at their best for the past 3 or 4 seasons, but against BC, no chance.

3) Notre Dame hasn't played a top 20 (or 50?) team...UVA coming off the close loss to UNC and then the comeback win over Loyola, they are going to keep it going and win by at least 4.
Badlands

Post by Badlands »

Georgetown-BC -- BC by 5-10

Duke -Penn -- Duke by 2

Notre Dame - UVA -- UVA by 5-10

Maryland - OSU -- Terps by 5

PSU - Michigan -- Michigan by 3-5

Loyola - Army -- Loyola by 5-10

UNC - Florida -- UNC by 5-10

Stony Brook -- Cornell -- SB by 5-10

Yale -- Brown --- Elis by 5-10
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:20 pm
2) BC wins this easily. Ricky is now coaching his "day job" and has the Hoyas playing at their best for the past 3 or 4 seasons, but against BC, no chance.
The big win is on....running clock in play? 9-0 after 10:30 minutes
Last edited by Dr. Tact on Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Quite a battle in Charlottesville; not so much in Chestnut Hill....
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:39 pm Quite a battle in Charlottesville; not so much in Chestnut Hill....
Good win ND
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

I have to confess I was impressed with Notre Dame; up and down game, some serious body blows in the second half. When UVA went up by two I assumed the Wahoos would cruise to a close win. All wrong. It took a bit of luck (pipe shot by Jackson at the very end), but UND played tough all day.

And then there was Maryland -- 16-1 winners over The OSU. Going out on a limb, but I think Maryland has a pretty good chance of winning the B1G.

I see Loyola bounced back; good tidings Doc.

We Are gets worked by Michigan; I'll have to make it my business to catch a Michigan game.

Florida stays closer to UNC than any of us thought.

Duke hangs with Penn, only to lose by a goal.

BC stomps Georgetown.

What else happened?
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:04 pm I have to confess I was impressed with Notre Dame; up and down game, some serious body blows in the second half. When UVA went up by two I assumed the Wahoos would cruise to a close win. All wrong. It took a bit of luck (pipe shot by Jackson at the very end), but UND played tough all day.

I was very impressed with Notre Dame, as well. They scored some sweet goals. It's shaping up to be a real scrap for positioning within the ACC this year.

And then there was Maryland -- 16-1 winners over The OSU. Going out on a limb, but I think Maryland has a pretty good chance of winning the B1G.

Automatic. Like the Patriots winning the AFC East every year.

We Are gets worked by Michigan; I'll have to make it my business to catch a Michigan game.

I was looking forward to catching this one, but the broadcast had technical difficulties. Scheduled to start at noon, Michigan tweeted at 12:32 that "the live stream is currently down, and we are working on fixing the problem." They were never successful and the game never got recorded, let alone live streamed. Michigan is now 10-0 this season, and riding a 12 game winning streak from last year. With 7 games left, there are maybe 3 losses--at Maryland, at Northwestern and vs Johns Hopkins. The other 4 games--at Ohio State, vs Niagra, vs Rutgers and at Detroit Mercy. They could finish 4-2 or 3-3 in the conference which should be good enough to get them into the Big Ten conference playoffs. Overall--14-3 looks entirely possible which seems likely to qualify them for their first invitation to The Tournament.
Badlands

Post by Badlands »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:04 pm I have to confess I was impressed with Notre Dame; up and down game, some serious body blows in the second half. When UVA went up by two I assumed the Wahoos would cruise to a close win. All wrong. It took a bit of luck (pipe shot by Jackson at the very end), but UND played tough all day.

I see Loyola bounced back; good tidings Doc.

Florida stays closer to UNC than any of us thought.

Duke hangs with Penn, only to lose by a goal.

BC stomps Georgetown.

What else happened?
Ivy Update for those who care:

Penn 10, Duke 9
Columbia 13, UConn 7
Stony Brook 14, Cornell 2
Brown 14, Yale 11 (I'm surprised by this one)
Harvard 12, Binghamton 8
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Nothing like the bevy of great games we had yesterday, but there are still a few clashes today that are compelling:

#11/13 Denver at #24 Virginia Tech -- 12pm on the ACC Network, viewable on the WatchESPN website

#4 Syracuse at Louisville -- 12pm ACC Network

UMass at Dartmouth -- 1pm ESPN+
shootingspace

Post by shootingspace »

I only got to see Fla./UNC yesterday. UNC won the draw circle for most of the game but Fla. was making the comeback. I felt like Florida had a few players forcing to goal too much and were lucky to not have more charging calls against them. UNC still the best 1v1 dodgers in country. When they go settled offense without iso it looks forced -credit to florida defense especially #16 -great 1v1 D to stay close.

I did not see HPU/Hofstra-a little surprised by the outcome even though I don't watch either team regularly. I respect HPU for playing a tough nonconference schedule since their inconference challenges are nonexistant. Liberty is no longer in Big South, Winthrop is really struggling and Campbell never competes -seems to have very high transfer rate of players. They would be more competitive in ASUN but will get the bid every year in Big South
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Good game going on at VT. tie game against Denver with 17 minutes left 9-9
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

OT
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:04 pm I'll have to make it my business to catch a Michigan game.
Nice opportunity coming up later this week: Thursday the 21st on BTN at 7pm--Michigan at Ohio State
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Huge week for the JMU Dukes. They welcome in Virginia and Maryland. Both games are webcast.

=========================================
6D8B030D-8409-42A2-AFC4-8EB8C558E412.jpeg
6D8B030D-8409-42A2-AFC4-8EB8C558E412.jpeg (206.36 KiB) Viewed 3701 times
wlaxnut

Princeton at Florida 7pm on YouTube

Post by wlaxnut »

This is a decent matchup tonight between two ranked teams. YouTube does a pretty good job of broadcasting Florida’s games. Gators definitely needs this one, yet Princeton is a tough out.
Dr. Tact

Princeton 13 Florida 11

Post by Dr. Tact »

wlaxnut wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:27 pm This is a decent matchup tonight between two ranked teams. YouTube does a pretty good job of broadcasting Florida’s games. Gators definitely needs this one, yet Princeton is a tough out.
I'll watch.....I'll take Princeton....that said, I wouldnt be too upset if Florida won.

[edit] tight game at the end...13-11 Princeton with 2 minutes left

[[editx2]] Ronbeck got a dangerous shot YC going for a goal with 1:43 left...

[[[final edit]]] Princeton runs out clock as Pirrecca gets a YC with 45 seconds....Final 13-11

Thoughts....3rd straight loss to highly ranked teams....I think they beat Stony Brook....
wlaxnut

Notable Games - Wednesday, March 20th

Post by wlaxnut »

Elon at #21 Virginia Tech - 4pm - ACC Network on WatchESPN

Vanderbilt at #12 Notre Dame - 5pm - ACC Network on WatchESPN

Towson at #24 High Point - 6pm - ESPN+

#22 Georgetown at #16 Loyola - 7pm - Patriot League Network on Stadium

#7 Virginia at #6 JMU - 7:30 - Madizone (This is the premier matchup, obviously)
crusader

Post by crusader »

UVA /JMU game should tell us a lot about both teams

Florida has tough schedule losing some close ones but they force to goal a little too much at key situations -would like to see the assisted goals late in games.

I have been following UNC -it was nice to see Levy empty the bench in second half against Campbell. 13-2 half with running clock -could have been 30-2 with stat builder goals. Nice to see teams play all the players.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”