SAC 2019

D2 Mens Lacrosse
Littlebird2020

SAC 2019

Post by Littlebird2020 »

BRING BACK LAXPOWER

END QUOTE.

* LR, Wingate, Queens. Any other challengers?
CarolinaLax Dad

Re: SAC 2019

Post by CarolinaLax Dad »

We can only hope and ask.

However, it is good to see you here - your posting were always my go to for news on Lacrosse in the SAC. Especially, your insightful POV on LR over the last couple of years.
Littlebird2020

Post by Littlebird2020 »

CarolinaLax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:22 pm We can only hope and ask.

However, it is good to see you here - your posting were always my go to for news on Lacrosse in the SAC. Especially, your insightful POV on LR over the last couple of years.
HA! Ive grown to love the conference. The SAC has the potential to be an incredible conference with the support of the SAC and its University members. Hopefully some of the other proud programs towards the bottom can rise to create a tough conference in the south.

Weekend Schedule:

LMU takes on Shorter. LMU off to a 1-0 start, looking to go 2-0. Should win comfortably. Arrived at the SAC playoffs last year for the first time- can they take the next step?

Mars Hill vs Montevello: Once a proud program, lookin for them to take a step in the right directions after coaching changes

Catawba College takes on Belmont Abbey- BA just beat a very good tampa team last weekend. Catawba struggled on defense last year- will they improve? had no issue scoring points last year..

Wingate Vs North Greenville- BULLDOGS ARE FOR REAL THIS YEAR? after taking down LR in the SAC championship last year, id say so.

LR vs Limestone- Always a good game when these 2 get together. Im takin Overtime AND the Over- LR wins.

Newberry Vs Barton- Advantage Newberry

Coker vs Fl Tech- That tech team seems to be threatening for a playoff bid- Tech wins big

Tusculum takes on Lees Mcrae- Not a whole lot of promise from Tusculum as they got trounced by Limestone. Lost Key players to graduation, some of those to the National Lacrosse League. Pios should get back on track after last weekend.
Pitt12

Post by Pitt12 »

Looking forward to Limestone vs Lenoir Rhyne. Hopefully Limestone has rebounded from last season. Hard to tell from their opener against Tusculum.
Pitt12

Post by Pitt12 »

Didn’t see a 19-9 score coming.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Pitt12 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:21 pm Didn’t see a 19-9 score coming.
Neither did I. Stone totally dominated the second half according to the box score (I was not able to get to the game due to a commitment to be elsewhere during the time of the game). Saints won 19 of 30 faceoffs which is a change of pace for the struggles of last year, and had two players score 4 (Papa and Walter) and 3 score a pair. So 14 of 19 goals spread between 5 players. Stone won gbs (31-25), shots (47-43), sog (28-20). Only let LR get 5 shots (2 on goal) in the final period.

Next up for the Bears is the Abbey. Does not get any easier.
CarolinaLax Dad

Post by CarolinaLax Dad »

I am with you guys. I thought it would be closer. However, LR is starting a freshman goalie and as I stated in another post they are missing that "dominant disruptive" play from the LSM position with Colin Lett's graduation. In past years even when they lost face-offs -he was there to swoop in and cause a turn over or get the GB. LR was playing a lot of defense in yesterday' game.

Two years ago they turned the season around after an opening loss to Limestone- maybe that's in the cards this year. Maybe not its a very different team on the field. Coach P has the uncanny ability to will better play out of the team, so we will see what he can pull off this season. Yesterday was a tough day my other team Barton lost a game where they just ran out of gas in the second half.
Laxwarrior

Post by Laxwarrior »

I thought the LR goalie did a decent job, stats show he had 9 saves. There were some really nice shots by Limestone. Many other goals were right on the goalie so its hard to hang that on him. The face off were contested until later in the 2nd half. There were several faceoffs that Limestone won and ultimately turned it over before getting to the box.

Can anyone explain the penalty situation at the 10:57 mark of the 2nd quarter? the stats only show 2 penalties but Limestone played 3 men down and had 4 guys in the box.
Littlebird2020

Post by Littlebird2020 »

No other way to put it..... Lenoir Rhyne gets Demolished by Limestone. WOW!

This weeks games features a lot of Ranked games/opponents.

Catawba faces #14 mount olive friday after hanging tough with #5 Belmont Abbey. Theyve been down in the last couple seasons, would be a big early season win.

Queens makes their Debut vs North Greenville, a team who hopes to challenge for a SAC Championship

Things dont get easier for Lenoir Rhyne as they face #5 Belmont Abbey at home- an 0-2 Loss against 2 South opponents wont bode well.

Lincoln Memorial has a good opportunity to Challenge #18 Lindenwood who just beat Mesa.

And right on schedule, Wingate Has their annual clash with Mercyhurst. This game has always been close in the last few years and Wingate has a chance to announce themselves nationally if they can beat the #10 team in the nation. They have gotten their foot in the door of the NCAAs, but a win here could propel them further down the road.

The Division 2 landscape is broadening. anyone within the top 30 can beat anyone. I wouldn't be surprised to see more shake ups after this weekends games.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Although it is not a D2 game, Queens actually opened on Saturday with a 16-2 win over NAIA Montreat College...
LaxDad2

Post by LaxDad2 »

Many good games on tap today in the SAC.
League may be better, top to bottom, than past few years.
Especially if LR rebounds.
LaxDad2

Post by LaxDad2 »

Big win for Queens yesterday over BA
Should move up in the rankings
Wingate beats LR (LR still very competitive despite 0-5)
Catawba beats Newberry
Coker wins against Lincoln Memorial
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

LaxDad2 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:33 am Big win for Queens yesterday over BA
Should move up in the rankings
Wingate beats LR (LR still very competitive despite 0-5)
Catawba beats Newberry
Coker wins against Lincoln Memorial
Agree on the Queens win - I have them at three in KRACH as of yesterday's games. KRACH this early overrates the top of the South teams to some extent because of playing more games at this point, but Queens is good and seems to be improving. LR is still tough, but has missed all the breaks this season. Would have to win out from here to even have a shot at the last (sixth) South seed in the tourney, but can still play the spoiler.
LaxDad2

Post by LaxDad2 »

Yes, long shot for LR with 5 losses, but good team that will win some games.
Queens is playing very well; only loss 9-10 to Stone
Wingate looks tough too and other teams in SAC much tougher than last few years
Coker, Tusculum, Newberry and Catawba look to be formidable

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”