Most Ridiculous Posts Hall of Fame

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Matnum PI

Most Ridiculous Posts Hall of Fame

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Re: Most Ridiculous Posts Hall of Fame

Post by Matnum PI »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:57 pm Watching the end of UEFA 2020 England versus Germany, white and black players hugging or crying together. Just wonderful, inspiring sights.

That’s real life. Racism isn’t this universal, omnipresent cancer that infects every soul like liberals want you to think.

Sport should remind you that the world is so much nicer than what race hustlers are trying to sell you. Ignore them and I stead watch the end if this game to see west it’s really like.
Caddy Day
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:08 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:57 pm Watching the end of UEFA 2020 England versus Germany, white and black players hugging or crying together. Just wonderful, inspiring sights.

That’s real life. Racism isn’t this universal, omnipresent cancer that infects every soul like liberals want you to think.

Sport should remind you that the world is so much nicer than what race hustlers are trying to sell you. Ignore them and I stead watch the end if this game to see west it’s really like.
Definitely a classic.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

So we are including ridiculous tropes and not just real human beings in this then?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:25 pm

Definitely a classic.
And totally, totally on brand.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:27 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:25 pm

Definitely a classic.
And totally, totally on brand.
Brand similar to legacy Walt Disney black and white cartoons.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Nope. No chances that this thread goes sideways.

:roll: :lol:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Petey's gem of a post re the dangers of wearing masks because they have germs and contaminants rates very highly. :lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I have one.....

The introduction of this thread alone, is ridiculous.

I suppose next, we'll be seeing a thread called "Racists and Gaslighting the Non-Woke". :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

I don't think it's ridiculous to shine a light on cockroaches.

What's ridiculous is normalizing extremist, far-right trolling posts that attempt to dehumanize and demonize a majority of Americans and contribute nothing to the community. You all would have laughed him off the boards pre-Trump. Sad how much damage the previous admin did to the discourse in this country.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:24 pm I don't think it's ridiculous to shine a light on cockroaches.

What's ridiculous is normalizing extremist, far-right trolling posts that attempt to dehumanize and demonize a majority of Americans and contribute nothing to the community. You all would have laughed him off the boards pre-Trump. Sad how much damage the previous admin did to the discourse in this country.

I feel like your second paragraph is in conflict with your first.

:lol: :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:01 pm I have one.....

The introduction of this thread alone, is ridiculous.

I suppose next, we'll be seeing a thread called "Racists and Gaslighting the Non-Woke". :lol:

I’m fairly sure this thread won’t be canceled.

:lol:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:24 pm I don't think it's ridiculous to shine a light on cockroaches.

+1
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:39 pm

I feel like your second paragraph is in conflict with your first.

:lol: :lol:
Don't you worry your pretty little head, facts don't care about your feelings. :lol:
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Hear! Hear!
Caddy Day
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

kramerica.inc wrote:Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:09 pm Nope. No chances that this thread goes sideways.

:roll: :lol:
:lol: Knowing up front who the intended audience is....
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:47 pm

So where is the same concern for the the extremist far left posts that attempt to dehumanize and demonize half of Americans and contribute nothing to the community?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:07 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:47 pm

So where is the same concern for the the extremist far left posts that attempt to dehumanize and demonize half of Americans and contribute nothing to the community?
Feel free to suggest a specific such post when it occurs and we can discuss how 'ridiculous' it is specifically. Surely there will be some such to suggest. Not merely offensive, but actually 'ridiculous' as in obviously inaccurate. Misinformation/disinformation on its face. Ridiculous.

BTW, I've referred to such from left-leaning posters in the Administrative threads discussing 'trolling' and what IMO constitutes something worthy of a penalty and what does not.

For instance, IMO, a cartoon clearly intended as humor or satire, may well be upsetting to some, but I'm not sure it needs to be penalized. Unless it's based on clearly false information, ala "Russian troll misinformation/disinformation campaigns"; doesn't matter whether it's left or right.

But mere humor, with a sharp point of view, seems ok to me. On the other hand, if it's accompanied by rhetoric from the poster that clearly contains inflammatory disinformation and it's clear that the poster's intent is simply to offend and divide, then we're back to "Russian troll" territory. Warning then penalty.

Gonna be hard to administer, but important principle is to cut out the blatantly false, hate-filled, poisonous crappola.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:07 pmSo where is the same concern for the the extremist far left posts that attempt to dehumanize and demonize half of Americans and contribute nothing to the community?
This first post (below) inducted into the Ridiculous Posts Hall of Fame wasn't inducted out of concern. It was inducted out of appreciation. It's a truly impressive piece.
Peter Brown wrote:
Watching the end of UEFA 2020 England versus Germany, white and black players hugging or crying together. Just wonderful, inspiring sights.
If you know anything about World Soccer and why FIFA created their campaign to combat racism, it's hard to not appreciate the jaw-dropping beauty of this post. Like all good art, it's seemingly birthed from the divine.
Caddy Day

Return to “POLITICS”