Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:03 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:52 am
Brooklyn wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:49 am There are plenty of national news reports on urban shootings. Google if you want more details.

National news media fails to report Mafia rub outs or white-on-white crimes: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fact- ... r-BB19y4Pv

Why doesn't this concern you and what are your solutions for that?

There are almost no national news reports on mass shootings in urban environments when the shooter is black and the targets are black.

What am I supposed to reply to in your second point? The mafia? What? Mafia rub outs are contained and rarely impact innocents. The feds have whole divisions all across the country dedicated to the mafia. What else am I supposed to offer? I don’t think the mafia (outside the government mafia which is actually the worst mafia) impacts anyone.

The best way to deal with a problem is to get to its source rather than waiting for the consequences to arise and then dealing with them. Your pals in the Mafia control the drugs that cause urban gang violence. The smarter thing to do is to deal with that source by ridding society of the Mafia which often include illegal immigrants from Europe. Let's kill two birds with one stone --- will wait for your solutions.

Why are they my pals? :lol:

In any event, I’d just decriminalize drugs, in an intelligent methodical way, while giving more sentencing teeth to crimes like DUI’s or OUI’s
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Eric Adams will drive the right wing trollers, the mud dwellers, crazy because he belies their constant trolling that Dems don't want to confront crime and gun violence in Democrat controlled cities.

Nope, its Dems who are voting for Adams to be their candidate for Mayor.

And yet, he also full throatedly addresses the 'justice' in the 'safety and justice' messaging.

That too will drive the right wingers crazy because they want to ignore the necessity of police reform.

In case one gets the idea that I think all Dems have all the best answers, I don't.

I think there are some Dems who misread the challenges as solely addressable through the "justice" lens, and this is very likely doomed to failure. IMO.

That said, the right wingers who now so thoroughly dominate the GOP power structure have totally blown all credibility on the topic.

It's good to see the Dems in NYC, a very Democratic city, choosing Adams...I still have some hopes for the current young Mayor in Baltimore, though I'm not sure he really has what it takes...but I'm rooting for him...too many have been disastrous these past couple of decades.

Agreed re decriminalization of usage, (not black market sale); provision of medically supervised access.
That may be the most important, yet difficult step necessary to dramatically changing the trajectory of violent crime.

That and getting rid of handguns and other weapons not designed for hunting and sporting. Make it much harder (though possible) to own and use a gun legally, crack down hard on illegal. But incredibly difficult to have happen as well.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:49 am Eric Adams will drive the right wing trollers, the mud dwellers, crazy because he belies their constant trolling that Dems don't want to confront crime and gun violence in Democrat controlled cities.

Nope, its Dems who are voting for Adams to be their candidate for Mayor.

And yet, he also full throatedly addresses the 'justice' in the 'safety and justice' messaging.

That too will drive the right wingers crazy because they want to ignore the necessity of police reform.

In case one gets the idea that I think all Dems have all the best answers, I don't.

I think there are some Dems who misread the challenges as solely addressable through the "justice" lens, and this is very likely doomed to failure. IMO.

That said, the right wingers who now so thoroughly dominate the GOP power structure have totally blown all credibility on the topic.

It's good to see the Dems in NYC, a very Democratic city, choosing Adams...I still have some hopes for the current young Mayor in Baltimore, though I'm not sure he really has what it takes...but I'm rooting for him...too many have been disastrous these past couple of decades.

Agreed re decriminalization of usage, (not black market sale); provision of medically supervised access.
That may be the most important, yet difficult step necessary to dramatically changing the trajectory of violent crime.

That and getting rid of handguns and other weapons not designed for hunting and sporting. Make it much harder (though possible) to own and use a gun legally, crack down hard on illegal. But incredibly difficult to have happen as well.

You are stretching so hard to try to make some incoherent point that conservatives will dislike Adams. One thing conservatives understand is in order to have any life at all, safety is paramount. Adams is the best bet to get NYC back to a semblance of a safe environment. I support him. Does that sound like he drives me ‘crazy’?!

All of your talk about guns is illogical as well. You want to take the guns out of law abiding people’s hands, even handguns, when the real scourge in the US is illegal guns in the inner city. Just admit that; be honest about the real issue. If you won’t admit that, why would anyone treat your thoughts with any seriousness? All you’re doing, like most political fools, is trying to soften the blow by being woke to the crowd. We all know what the real danger is in the US, and it isn’t some country boy who likes to hunt deer or shoot pheasant. And it’s most certainly not a homeowner who simply wants to protect his family.

By attacking the real,problem, illegal guns in the inner city, you’ll be accused of racism sure, but you will also be helping black moms and kids who want to live a normal life. What’s more important to you?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Nope, I'm just saying what Adams says about handguns. I don't hear a hue and cry calling him racist.

I have zero problem with hunters having guns for hunting. I'm one.

I'm fine with other guns at regulated shooting ranges. Sporting use.

And I'm fine with those needed for law enforcement and military purposes.

I'd like all the rest to be gone. Illegal.

Not very likely to happen, but that's my position and I've stated so for more than 10 years on LP and FL.

Likewise, my position on decriminalization of drugs has been consistently stated for the same period. Also not likely to happen anytime soon.

So, the challenge is what can best be done instead?

I didn't say "conservatives" will dislike Adams, I said right wing trolls will be driven crazy because his views, and the support they have from Dems, totally belies all the exaggerations and hate the trolls spew about Dems...and, yeah, I'm looking at you, Petey.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:20 pm Nope, I'm just saying what Adams says about handguns. I don't hear a hue and cry calling him racist.

I have zero problem with hunters having guns for hunting. I'm one.

I'm fine with other guns at regulated shooting ranges. Sporting use.

And I'm fine with those needed for law enforcement and military purposes.

I'd like all the rest to be gone. Illegal.

Not very likely to happen, but that's my position and I've stated so for more than 10 years on LP and FL.

Likewise, my position on decriminalization of drugs has been consistently stated for the same period. Also not likely to happen anytime soon.

So, the challenge is what can best be done instead?

I didn't say "conservatives" will dislike Adams, I said right wing trolls will be driven crazy because his views, and the support they have from Dems, totally belies all the exaggerations and hate the trolls spew about Dems...and, yeah, I'm looking at you, Petey.

You can not outlaw handguns for defensive purposes unless you first remove all illegal handguns from criminals. Instead of haranguing law abiding gun owners, first focus on the millions of guns with gang bangers in the inner city. You can not disarm law abiding people before you disarm criminals. And yeah, you’ll be accused of racism, but otherwise, you’re hurting those most in need of safety.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Watching the end of UEFA 2020 England versus Germany, white and black players hugging or crying together. Just wonderful, inspiring sights.

That’s real life. Racism isn’t this universal, omnipresent cancer that infects every soul like liberals want you to think.

Sport should remind you that the world is so much nicer than what race hustlers are trying to sell you. Ignore them and instead watch sights like the end of this game to see what life is really like. Life is good.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Say the lifelong free rider
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:57 pm Watching the end of UEFA 2020 England versus Germany, white and black players hugging or crying together. Just wonderful, inspiring sights.

That’s real life. Racism isn’t this universal, omnipresent cancer that infects every soul like liberals want you to think.

Sport should remind you that the world is so much nicer than what race hustlers are trying to sell you. Ignore them and I stead watch the end if this game to see west it’s really like.
And at the beginning of *that exact same game*, every player on the field took one knee to express their solidarity in fighting racism. Yes, the black and white teammates, and even opponents, like each other. Tons of mutual respect. But do you really believe that this isn't an issue from the tens of thousands of fans watching the games?! Your argument is that racism in world soccer isn't real? This post needs to be put in the Most Ridiculous Posts Hall of Fame.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:10 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:57 pm Watching the end of UEFA 2020 England versus Germany, white and black players hugging or crying together. Just wonderful, inspiring sights.

Sport should remind you that the world is so much nicer than what race hustlers are trying to sell you. Ignore them and I stead watch the end if this game to see west it’s really like.
And at the beginning of *that exact same game*, every player on the field took one knee to express their solidarity in fighting racism. Yes, the black and white teammates, and even opponents, like each other. Tons of mutual respect. But do you really believe that this isn't an issue from the tens of thousands of fans watching the games?! Your argument is that racism in world soccer isn't real? This post needs to be put in the Most Ridiculous Posts Hall of Fame.
... ah, but there are so many of his in contention for the honor. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

I’ll wear that like a badge of honor.

When will you drop the insanity that everyone (but you?) is racist? Most people don’t see skin color. I’m more intrigued why YOU do.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Not even to mention the rampant hooliganism in the game
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:23 pmMost people don’t see skin color. I’m more intrigued why YOU do.
Your posts are foolish. Racist and foolish. Why did they all kneel before the game, Peter?
Caddy Day
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:38 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:23 pmMost people don’t see skin color. I’m more intrigued why YOU do.
Your posts are foolish. Racist and foolish. Why did they all kneel before the game, Peter?

Let’s attack your question another way: what would a lib say about a player who didn’t kneel while everyone else did?

Also, while we are at it, sports is a unifier, not a divider. Same as in business. No one gives a rats arse what your color is. If you were on my team and you asked me to kneel, I’d kneel. And if I didn’t? Chances are darn good you’d kvetch to the media that I was a racist. And the media loves them some drama racist bs, which every race hustler realizes.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:40 pm

Let’s attack your question another way: what would a lib say about a player who didn’t kneel while everyone else did?

Also, while we are at it, sports is a unifier, not a divider. Same as in business. No one gives a rats arse what your color is. If you were on my team and you asked me to kneel, I’d kneel. And if I didn’t? Chances are darn good you’d kvetch to the media that I was a racist. And the media loves them some drama racist bs, which every race hustler realizes.
Right. They kneeled... because they were afraid that the libs would call them racist. No, Peter, that's why *you* would kneel. Not normal, empathetic human beings.
Caddy Day
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Yup.
That's it in a nutshell.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:54 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:40 pm

Right. They kneeled... because they were afraid that the libs would call them racist. No, Peter, that's why *you* would kneel. Not normal, empathetic human beings.

Football ⚽️ players making $20,000,000 are oppressed.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

And here we have even more stupidity. Trolling.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

admin wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:17 am Unsportsmanlike Conduct
SECTION 4. No post-er shall:
d. Troll and/or commit other Russian 'bot and/or other Putinesque behaviors. A troll is someone who uses over-the-top opinions or unverified claims to incite others, stir up controversy, and change a civilized discussion into a battleground.
Tweet!
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:12 pmRacism is real, it’s just not omnipresent like you want.
You're not saying there is no racism. You're just saying it's grossly exaggerated, fanned with the fans of "liberal race baiters". Which, to you, may sound like free speech, just your opinion. But to many other people, your words are just blatantly bigoted.
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:12 pmFootball ⚽️ players making $20,000,000 are oppressed.
You've said this before, citing Oprah, Lebron, and others. You post that because there are black soccer players making big money, racial oppression isn't real. And again, like above, to you, all of this may sound like free speech, just your opinion. But, setting aside how nonsensical your logic is, to many others, your words are just blatantly bigoted.

According to FanLax, a troll is "someone who uses over-the-top opinions or unverified claims to incite others, stir up controversy, and change a civilized discussion into a battleground". I feel comfortable saying that you have fulfilled the necessary criteria to be flagged as a troll.

Unsportsman-like conduct. Your last penalty was a 4 Minute (8 day) Penalty. This one is an 8 minute (16 day) penalty. Penalty will be up on Thursday, July 15th at 6:33 PM EST. If/when you return, if you post these perspectives again, you will immediately be put in the Penalty Box, no warning.

Tweet! Play on.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:23 pm

I’ll wear that like a badge of honor.

When will you drop the insanity that everyone (but you?) is racist? Most people don’t see skin color. I’m more intrigued why YOU do.
So when a black guy walks into a meeting with all white guys nobody notices the guy is black?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:55 pmSo when a black guy walks into a meeting with all white guys nobody notices the guy is black?
I was once playing in a club soccer game, adult league, on defense and I said to one of my defenders, you take #11, i'll take the black guy. (The way he was standing, we couldn't see his number.) He said, Which guy? I said, the black guy. He said, and he was 100% serious, I'm sorry, I don't see race. I'll never forget it...
Caddy Day

Return to “POLITICS”