Syracuse 2021

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Cletus

Re: Syracuse 2021

Post by Cletus »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:22 am Respectfully, I think making light of Gary's rapport with his player and her ensuing injury is a little tasteless, particularly as it appears to be for the purpose of only trolling DMac and maybe Syracuse fans.
That’s your opinion, seacoaster, which you are obviously entitled to, this being the good ol’ USofA. Make sure you distribute your respectful chidings equally to other members who post tasteless comments as well.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Cletus wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:32 am
seacoaster wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:22 am Respectfully, I think making light of Gary's rapport with his player and her ensuing injury is a little tasteless, particularly as it appears to be for the purpose of only trolling DMac and maybe Syracuse fans.
That’s your opinion, seacoaster, which you are obviously entitled to, this being the good ol’ USofA. Make sure you distribute your respectful chidings equally to other members who post tasteless comments as well.
I am entitled to my opinions, and you are certainly entitled to yours. I understand that. I am trying to divine the purpose of these posts, the fulcrum of which is a young person's serious and college-career ending injury.
DMac

Post by DMac »

You've been told before, Cletus W. Laxnut, this aint an equal opportunity sight when it comes to such goings on.
Usually the one being the biggest aszhole is going to be singled out and hear about it as is the
case here. Capisce?
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:35 am I am entitled to my opinions, and you are certainly entitled to yours. I understand that. I am trying to divine the purpose of these posts, the fulcrum of which is a young person's serious and college-career ending injury.
That’s how you read it, seacoaster. You’re entitled to interpret what I wrote in any manner you please.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

“FANLAX

ABOUT US

FanLax is a website and forum dedicated to serving all lacrosse fans. Well, not the obnoxious ones. But the vast majority of fans of lacrosse. So, if you like lacrosse and you're not obnoxious, you've come to the right place. If you like lacrosse and you are obnoxious, you've also come to the right place. We have plenty of threads within our forums packed with people just like you.”

Always good to go back and read this periodically...
DMac

Post by DMac »

As stated, and is pretty much said in your quote, it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round.
If you choose to be the obnoxious aszhole, don't whine when people point it out. It was your
mission to be exactly that this morning and you got just what you were looking for. You
aint bullschidtin' no one, brotha.
Cletus

Well deserved

Post by Cletus »

Katelyn Mashewske won 25 draws combined in two wins over Notre Dame last week.
The sophomore midfielder is the US Lacrosse Division I Women's Player of the Week.

Seems Gary is all set at the draw now.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:35 am college-career ending injury.
Who said this was the case? Certainly not #51. She referred to her injury as season, not career ending. She also wrote “#51 is not signing off just yet.”

And this was never about brave #51 and the awful injury she suffered. It was about making predictions.
DMac

Post by DMac »

No it wasn't, but then again I suppose it's hard to keep your stories straight when you spread as much bullschidt around as you do. It was about a coach casting bad mojo on his team by means of the evil eye over the phone. You're changing your story here but you're just hell bent on being an aszhole this morning so it comes as no surprize.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Good news for Orange fans. Big 51 is coming back next year. Read all about it:

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/college/w ... ligibility
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Syracuse was the proverbial cat with nine lives in 2021. But when Emma Tyrrell took herself out of the game with her 2nd yellow midway through the 1st half, the last life was used up. Gary Gait managed to keep one step ahead of each injury and setback during the season but it all finally caught up with him in the final. Once again, that old undisciplined bug rose up to bite them. All of a sudden, rookies who had been playing like seniors went back to playing like rookies. Emma Ward at the top of the list. She proved largely anemic and a liability with BC paying attention to her, coughing the ball up on numerous occasions when pressured as evidenced here:

There’s still something volatile about this team. You never know when they’re going to self destruct. They did the same thing at the end of the ACC semifinal vs BC in 2019, with the veterans (Hawryschuk and Levy) taking stupid penalties near the end of that game, too.

Now Syracuse wears the scarlet letter alone—BC no longer there to share the Can’t Win the Big One label.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Cletus wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:46 am Syracuse was the proverbial cat with nine lives in 2021. But when Emma Tyrrell took herself out of the game with her 2nd yellow midway through the 1st half, the last life was used up. Gary Gait managed to keep one step ahead of each injury and setback during the season but it all finally caught up with him in the final. Once again, that old undisciplined bug rose up to bite them. All of a sudden, rookies who had been playing like seniors went back to playing like rookies. Emma Ward at the top of the list. She proved largely anemic and a liability with BC paying attention to her, coughing the ball up on numerous occasions when pressured as evidenced here:

There’s still something volatile about this team. You never know when they’re going to self destruct. They did the same thing at the end of the ACC semifinal vs BC in 2019, with the veterans (Hawryschuk and Levy) taking stupid penalties near the end of that game, too.

Now Syracuse wears the scarlet letter alone—BC no longer there to share the Can’t Win the Big One label.
Nice troll
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Bart wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:53 am
Cletus wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:46 am Syracuse was the proverbial cat with nine lives in 2021. But when Emma Tyrrell took herself out of the game with her 2nd yellow midway through the 1st half, the last life was used up. Gary Gait managed to keep one step ahead of each injury and setback during the season but it all finally caught up with him in the final. Once again, that old undisciplined bug rose up to bite them. All of a sudden, rookies who had been playing like seniors went back to playing like rookies. Emma Ward at the top of the list. She proved largely anemic and a liability with BC paying attention to her, coughing the ball up on numerous occasions when pressured as evidenced here:

Nice troll
What's trollish about it?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Cletus wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:21 am

Nice troll
Well, it's trolling because it's stupid. Syracuse "wears the scarlet letter alone"? You mean, with the other 67 or so programs never to have made a championship game? Or to get the scarlet letter, one must overcome the season-ending injury of three starters, two of whom are Tewaarton candidates, one of whom is widely understood to be among the best three or five players in the college game, defeat an undefeated team to make the final, and then lose to an excellent, fully-healthy team in the final?

Your little construct on what or who is "elite" and not just good or great is the view of a troll, who tries to generate discussion by stabbing people with mighty keyboard jockeying to engage discussion on the back of an intention to antagonize. It's a skill, for sure; it's just not very attractive, and it shows an understanding of sports that comes entirely from a seat in the stands.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Nice troll
You did not type that with a straight face did you?

Put that post into the Syr 2021 thread with the whole scarlet letter line?

Took a mighty big swipe at Emma Ward with a video of here worst play of the game. Notice you did not post her two goals or assist. I'm sure you really meant it to be constructive and not inflamitory.................
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

The "what did I say" and "please read what I really said" are getting old. Many if not most of your posts are written to rile someone up. At least admit it. It seems the rest of us can admit when we say something along those lines. It's too consistent on your part to not be done on purpose, own it.

As for Syracuse's scarlet letter, I'd rather wear that and go down fighting than some of the other ACC program jerseys who I think won't ever get it done. Notre Dame was bitten by the injury bug as well, how did that go for them?
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

seacoaster wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:33 am

Nice troll
Well, it's trolling because it's stupid. Syracuse "wears the scarlet letter alone"? You mean, with the other 67 or so programs never to have made a championship game? Or to get the scarlet letter, one must overcome the season-ending injury of three starters, two of whom are Tewaarton candidates, one of whom is widely understood to be among the best three or five players in the college game, defeat an undefeated team to make the final, and then lose to an excellent, fully-healthy team in the final?

Your little construct on what or who is "elite" and not just good or great is the view of a troll, who tries to generate discussion by stabbing people with mighty keyboard jockeying to engage discussion on the back of an intention to antagonize. It's a skill, for sure; it's just not very attractive, and it shows an understanding of sports that comes entirely from a seat in the stands.
+ 100
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

The whole "Buffalos Bills" perspective where there's shame in winning a LOT but not winning it all always confused me. Never understood it.

PS I'm already looking forward to watching SU in 2022.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

seacoaster wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:33 am

Nice troll

Bart wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:44 am You did not type that with a straight face did you?

Put that post into the Syr 2021 thread with the whole scarlet letter line?

Took a mighty big swipe at Emma Ward with a video of here worst play of the game. Notice you did not post her two goals or assist. I'm sure you really meant it to be constructive and not inflamitory.................
tothedraw wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:24 am The "what did I say" and "please read what I really said" are getting old. Many if not most of your posts are written to rile someone up. At least admit it. It seems the rest of us can admit when we say something along those lines. It's too consistent on your part to not be done on purpose, own it.

As for Syracuse's scarlet letter, I'd rather wear that and go down fighting than some of the other ACC program jerseys who I think won't ever get it done. Notre Dame was bitten by the injury bug as well, how did that go for them?
After these past few months of seeing how a core group of members on this board like to exchange backstabbing private messages and direct petty name calling and condescending personal insults, I had an epiphany--the FanLax website is governed by a charter/mission statement which I am bound by, not by a group of men who think they're still in high school with all the drama generated. Once I had that realization, I was liberated. I no longer care whether anyone agrees with my posts or whether my perspectives are twisted or taken out of context or sneered at condescendingly, or whether they think I'm a this and a that and the other thing. I couldn't care less if I tried.

So--I'm going to continue to enjoy my newly realized freedom on these boards--and post what I want about whatever I want (within the limits of British decency, of course). If certain individuals don't like what I post, they are free by the same mission statement I am to write what they want. Or they can go pound sand. Makes no difference to me either way.

As TL was wont to say:

That is all...
Last edited by Cletus on Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
DMac

Post by DMac »

No, you're governed by your conscience, obviously you can carry on like an obnoxious aszwhole protected by your keyboard fortress pretty much as much as you want here. I'd love to see you say to Emma Ward eyeball to eyeball what you say about her from your fortress. Methinks she'd kick you in the nuts and leave you blue. I'd love even more to see you say eyeball to eyeball to Gary Gait what you say about him here. Me don't think he'd kick you in the nuts, methinks he'd just walk away laughing at the fool.
You give no consideration to the players who read this stuff (and if you think they don't you're a bigger idiot than I already think you are) feelings, it's all about cletus' self gratification at their expense. Very manly of you. As for the HS stuff, be glad that's not where we are cuz people like me would knock you on your asz for the way you carry on here.
Happy Memorial Day, remember those non elite soldiers who didn't make it home but died for your right to carry on like an aszwhole.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”