2021 Tournament Thoughts

D1 Womens Lacrosse
wlaxphan20

Re: 2021 Tournament Thoughts

Post by wlaxphan20 »

I LOATHE the NCAA live stats. They only show G, A, SH, SOG, and GB in the box score. Play-by-play will show turnovers, CT, DC's, but not the box score
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:42 pm I LOATHE the NCAA live stats. They only show G, A, SH, SOG, and GB in the box score. Play-by-play will show turnovers, CT, DC's, but not the box score
Which game do you want stats for? I might have a better site for you...
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Cletus wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:44 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:42 pm I LOATHE the NCAA live stats. They only show G, A, SH, SOG, and GB in the box score. Play-by-play will show turnovers, CT, DC's, but not the box score
none in particular, it was just a general complaint :lol:

but what site are you talking about? I'm intrigued
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:46 pm

Usually each team posts the live stats link a little before game time on their Twitter account. The sites are typically great.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Cletus wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:49 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:46 pm

Usually each team posts the live stats link a little before game time on their Twitter account. The sites are typically great.
Oooooh yes, they are! You can usually get that link from the schedule posted on the athletic site as well, but for the NCAA tournament the NCAA runs the live stats for all games and they're pitiful compared to the live stat software the schools themselves use
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:52 pm Oooooh yes, they are! You can usually get that link from the schedule posted on the athletic site as well, but for the NCAA tournament the NCAA runs the live stats for all games and they're pitiful compared to the live stat software the schools themselves use
I'm not surprised. The NCAA website takes 15 years to fully load. They have a casual attitude toward the upkeep of their site.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Oh, and you can also go to each teams individual website, navigate to their schedule, and find the link there, too.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Everything as expected thus far except... RU over Drexel. That's a pretty good W...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
LaxGuy17

Post by LaxGuy17 »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:37 pm Everything as expected thus far except... RU over Drexel. That's a pretty good W...
Ru over Drexel was not an upset. Rutgers and Big10 is better than people think.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

LaxGuy17 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:42 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:37 pm Everything as expected thus far except... RU over Drexel. That's a pretty good W...
Tell it!
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Cletus wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:40 am
LaxGuy17 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:42 pm
Tell it!
Duke-Maryland game should be a good one.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

seacoaster wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:18 am Duke-Maryland game should be a good one.
Agreed. Maryland may have a false sense of renewed confidence after dispatching soft High Point. Duke will be a lot tougher, and playing at Koskinen to boot. I don't know who wins this one, but whoever does will get steamrolled just the same next weekend in Evanston. Rooting Hard for Duke though. Any preference with you?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Cletus wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:31 am
seacoaster wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:18 am Duke-Maryland game should be a good one.
Agreed. Maryland may have a false sense of renewed confidence after dispatching soft High Point. Duke will be a lot tougher, and playing at Koskinen to boot. I don't know who wins this one, but whoever does will get steamrolled just the same next weekend in Evanston. Rooting Hard for Duke though. Any preference with you?
No, not really, unless I get myself caught up in the B1G v. ACC stuff. These teams seem pretty evenly balanced (although I don't think Cronin played for Duke yesterday, which hurts Duke a bit). Duke can play good defense, win draws, and plays adequate offense. On balance, they should be the favorite and playing at home should win. But Reese is the gold standard. Duke 14-13.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

I think we're going to see teams that expended a lot of energy and emotion in the first round go quietly in the second. Teams ripe for a quiet exit are Temple, which pulled a significant upset in a hard fought game with UMass. They’ll go quietly in the face of the BC offensive juggernaut. Loyola fits here too, sad to say. I think they got screwed on which region they got assigned to, but nonetheless, they did expend a lot of energy and emotion vs Hofstra and will be a relatively easy game for Syracuse. JMU fits here. A lot of E&E burned vs Hop yesterday. All the Dukes-are-peaking-at-the-perfect-time hype tripe ends against the Heels Sunday. Denver same vs NU. Even though the Dolphins had an easy ride of it in the 2nd half vs Vandy, I think they lose big to revenge seeking Florida.

On the other hand, evenly matched teams that had a similar experience in the first round might be good games: Rutgers at Stony Brook. we’ll see if Rutgers is satisfied with that one tournament win or if they want more. They’ll have to really want it against Stony Brook at home; Virginia at Notre Dame; Maryland at Duke as well.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Round 2 picks:

UNC v. JMU -- Not Purple

SBU v. Rutgers -- SBU by four.

Notre Dame v. UVA -- Domers, comfortably.

BC v. Temple -- don't regard the Temple win over UMass as an upset; the score reflected the reality that those teams were pretty even, and inferior to BC in any event. BC runs away from the Owls.

SU v. Loyola -- Loyola may have a gas in the tank issue, and I don't think the Hounds can break the zone enough. Cuse pretty comfortably.

Florida v. Jacksonville -- revenge.

Duke v. Maryland -- Duke squeaks it out.

NU v. DU -- Actually strangely intrigued by this game, if only to see NU deal with someone outside its season-long round-robin of ass-kicking. Have to pick NU, but I give a week of vacation to see NU lose. Wait, that's not exactly true....
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

seacoaster wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:57 am Round 2 picks:

UNC v. JMU -- Not Purple

BC v. Temple -- don't regard the Temple win over UMass as an upset; the score reflected the reality that those teams were pretty even, and inferior to BC in any event. BC runs away from the Owls.

SU v. Loyola -- Loyola may have a gas in the tank issue, and I don't think the Hounds can break the zone enough. Cuse pretty comfortably.

NU v. DU -- Actually strangely intrigued by this game, if only to see NU deal with someone outside its season-long round-robin of ass-kicking. Have to pick NU, but I give a week of vacation to see NU lose. Wait, that's not exactly true....
UNC VS JMU-- Heels by many

SBU Vs Rutgers- SBU in a close one

ND VS UVA: ND, but closer than many think

BC Vs Temple: BC wins comfortably

SU VS Loyola: Cuse wins easy

Florida Vs Jacksonville: Lady Gators exact revenge

NU VS Denver: NU ROLLS

Duke Vs Terps: Duke wins by a few

JoeMauer89!
laxinforlife

Post by laxinforlife »

UNC v. JMU -- Not Purple

The only thing DU has to lose is their season-which is a lot. HOWEVER, NU has everything to lose-DU is going to bring all they've got against NU!!!
laxinforlife

Post by laxinforlife »

UNC v. JMU -- Not Purple

The only thing DU has to lose is their season-which is a lot. HOWEVER, NU has everything to lose-DU is going to bring all they've got against NU!!!
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

D1 WOMEN: Today’s Best Games (Sun 05/16/21)

https://fanlax.com/2021/05/15/d1-women- ... -05-16-21/
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
DMac

Post by DMac »

Dear Mr. Picturepicker (or Mrs., Ms., Indentifies As.)
Am curious as to the thought process that led you to select the dynamo Megan Carney for your promo cover for the Cuse-Loyola game. Was Hawryschuk a consideration as well? Tyrell sisters? Ward? Maddy Baxter?
TIA for the explanation,
DMac

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”