Re: Syracuse 2021

Post by Matnum PI »

Wow...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
viho

Post by viho »

molo wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:15 pm I know ND is good, but What the heck?
yeah really.

Lelan Rogers needs to answer for this one.

Crazy slides, no recovery, no second slide. Laziness.

ND made them pay. Often!
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Porter had a bad year. A cpl good games and a lot of not so good imo. (This is the eye test from the the games I have watched in detail.)
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Defense has hung em out to dry pretty much all year. But yeah there were some games where he wasn’t making saves you’d expect him too
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Only six teams in D1 with a worse adjusted defensive efficiency than Cuse. Not much Porter can do with that. He's been above 50% in 5/11 games—not awful. He actually won the goalie battle against Adler vs. Duke, so can't pin that one on him. His only truly bad games this year (<40%) were both against Notre Dame. Certainly has not lived up to the preseason 1st team AA billing but then again neither have Curry or Trimboli.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

25% svp against ND, one of the games I watched obviously.
bananas

Post by bananas »

Tough with so many dmids out but ND was not exactly pinging corners and several goals were from deep. Goalie has to make some stops.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Poor construction in the SU dorms, apparently ;)
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

apparently scanlon was arrested today as ordered by the DA. Picked him up in Manley Parking Lot. Apparently...
Caddy Day
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:20 pm apparently scanlon was arrested today as ordered by the DA. Picked him up in Manley Parking Lot. Apparently...
source?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

alum. thus, apparently...
Caddy Day
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

https://www.syracuse.com/orangelacrosse ... harge.html

http://dailyorange.com/2021/05/syracuse ... home-game/
Syracuse, NY -- Syracuse lacrosse star Chase Scanlan was booked Friday morning in the county jail on a criminal mischief charge. He’s due to be arraigned this afternoon in Syracuse City Court.

The listed charge, fourth-degree criminal mischief is a misdemeanor. It’s unclear if Scanlan was jailed on more serious charges, as well, or if he was jailed due to it being connected to a domestic violence case.
Syracuse attack Chase Scanlan was arrested Friday and charged with criminal mischief, according to the county’s inmate database. The redshirt junior was involved in what the Department of Public Safety classified as a domestic incident.

Scanlan was arrested on the charge of criminal mischief in the fourth degree, a crime that can include intentionally damaging another person’s property. Syracuse.com obtained a photo on April 29 of a damaged wall in a South Campus apartment being used as part of the investigation.

At the time, the Department of Public Safety turned the case over to the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities and SU’s Title IX office. SPD and the District Attorney’s office were both involved in the investigation.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

I know a guy (who looks a lot like I do) who, in college, may have drank too much and may have been showing off for a girl who may have purposely taken a bag of potato chips off a shelf in a grocery store and stepped on it. And, he was charged with... fourth-degree criminal mischief. It was a nothing situation. Had to get a lawyer who essentially had the charge erased from the kids record as long as he didn't get in any more trouble for the next 6 months? 9 months? I can't remember. Bottom-line, i think this is a very small charge.
Caddy Day
dawn patrol

Post by dawn patrol »

from syracuse.com

The arrest stems from an April 17 domestic incident at a South Campus apartment. Scanlan is accused of breaking a woman’s phone and a physical altercation with her, the DA said.

The criminal mischief charge stems from her broken phone; the physical altercation did not result in any legally defined injuries, so is charged as a harassment, a violation akin to a traffic ticket.

Scanlan is due to be arraigned this afternoon in Syracuse City Court. He will be automatically released under state law because misdemeanor criminal mischief is not a charge for which any bail can be set, Onondaga County District Attorney William Fitzpatrick confirmed to Syracuse.com | The Post-Standard.

Not the type of stuff a bubble team needs to deal with this time of year.
Last edited by dawn patrol on Fri May 07, 2021 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laxfan00

Post by Laxfan00 »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:05 pm I know a guy (who looks a lot like I do) who, in college, may have drank too much and may have been showing off for a girl who may have purposely taken a bag of potato chips off a shelf in a grocery store and stepped on it. And, he was charged with... fourth-degree criminal mischief. It was a nothing situation. Had to get a lawyer who essentially had the charge erased from the kids record as long as he didn't get in any more trouble for the next 6 months? 9 months? I can't remember. Bottom-line, i think this is a very small charge.
You must’ve missed the whole domestic abuse part of this...
laxpert

Post by laxpert »

I doubt if he will suit up but if released in time he can just wear his prison orange jumpsuit which will blend in nicely on the sideline, unless they're wearing white today
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

I remember when James Worthy got released in time to play in the second half vs Houston :lol:

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm ... exas%20law.
Last edited by FMUBart on Fri May 07, 2021 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Laxfan00 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:32 pm You must’ve missed the whole domestic abuse part of this...
from dawn (above): The criminal mischief charge stems from her broken phone; the physical altercation did not result in any legally defined injuries, so is charged as a harassment, a violation akin to a traffic ticket.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

laxpert wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:50 pm...if released in time he can just wear his prison orange jumpsuit...
for sure, some will find jokes of this nature distasteful based on the jokes being "too soon" as well as the crime being physical abuse which is never funny (though, admittedly, Bill Burr might have some abuse jokes that are kind of funny) and... laxpert, I highly suggest you don't make any jokes about Scanlan being given his inmate number 657485 and complaining because he wanted 22. Don't...
Caddy Day
NYVA631

Post by NYVA631 »

Syracuse.com reported that Scanlan will be “automatically released under state law because misdemeanor criminal mischief is not a charge for which any bail can be set.” US Lacrosse Magazine reported that Scanlan was accused of breaking a woman’s phone, as well as a “physical altercation” with her, according to the Onondaga County District Attorney’s office.

The misdemeanor charge relates to the broken phone, but Scanlan has reportedly been separately charged with harassment that relates to the physical altercation.

...scumbag fans defending a scumbag. Another shocker on this thread. Pathetic.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”