ODAC lax season is on

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Nothinbutthelax

Re: ODAC lax season is on

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Hoping #50 SSDM Clayton Jones Is back. He is their #1 and has been out with leg issue. Trammel Robinson has a wrist injury and was sidelined too. If those 2 are playing they may be rusty and HSC could capitalize. Then again, it may stablize the Hornets and they roll.
As I mentioned after watching the HSC v LYN game again the Hornets hurt themselves more then HSC Defense did with poor shooting and unforced mistakes. I suspect they’ll be better in both categories and will be on a mission!
As history has shown us anything can happen.. I believe W&L will have their hands full tonight but Taylor will stand his full 6’4” and Witherall will net 4 and Greenspan will go 2-3. Hudson and supporting cast all contribute for a 12-8 win.
Last edited by Nothinbutthelax on Thu May 06, 2021 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

JackieMoon wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:00 pm It will be interesting to see what combination HSC uses on the dot & wings tonight. Their defense showed they can cover anybody in the country but will they get enough opportunities for Medwar and Hayden to get going? Hoping for another tight contest in whats seems to be the ODAC Championship game tonight.
So no matter who wins tonight the crown is theirs.Let me remind you that the only team to have beaten Lynchburg this year was W&L, something HSC will attempt to do tonight for the first time. Quite frankly I’m a huge Tiger fan this evening as I believe W&L can match up with them reasonably well whereas Lynchburg is a tougher match up despite having beaten them when it mattered most. Praying for a HSC win( doubt it) 13-12 in 5 OT’s tiring those Tigers out for Saturday and W&L. Those semis can be brutal
Zonesurgeon

Post by Zonesurgeon »

Feel foolish betting against Koudelka, but gut has it going the Tigers way tonight.
islander

Post by islander »

all eyes are on the LYH-HSC game tonight, but man I'm kind of excited to see what Bridgewater does.

They beat HSC a few years ago. This year they lost to Noke by 1, W&L by 3 (tie game late in the 3rd). Then beat Noke 2nd time around.

This is a good team and I would not be shocked if they pull it off.
NJlxrdad

Post by NJlxrdad »

Wow. Watching WLvBW. This is the worst officiating job I’ve ever seen. Literally not sure one red knows the rules.
islander

Post by islander »

ha. that's a funny one. username 'laxdad' thinks ref don't know rules.
NJlxrdad

Post by NJlxrdad »

Ref throws flag. Player from black picks up ball runs field on slow break. Bad pass white team kicks ball out of bounds and red blows whistle to stop ply with flag down who is the penalty on?
islander

Post by islander »

I'm not arguing with you, nor saying you're right or wrong.

Just making a funny observation considering the talk of the Roanoke dads on here earlier
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Brummett hurt his shoulder at the end of the game Saturday. Must still be favoring it because he has been getting killed on the draw tonight. At least Saturday he was competitive there even though his hamstring was making it difficult for him to do anything afterwards.
Dehuntshigwa’es

4 min to halftime and the Hornets look like they could run away with it. They are playing well and HSC is shooting themselves in the foot. 9-4 Bugs lead everything going their way. Smoke in the cockpit 25-9 shot advantage
Nothinbutthelax

Even scored HSC’s 4th goal..
LYN playing in a different gear..
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

GOODNESS GRACIOUS...someone may have to throw in the towel

Lynchburg looks faster, hungrier, swarming everything and they are winning faceoffs and dominating the middle of the field.

Not sure anything the Tigers can do the second half unless the Hornets completely collapse.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:51 pm Even scored HSC’s 4th goal..
LYN playing in a different gear..
12-4 it’s over. Coach K is tough after he’s seen you once before. Not what I wanted, had hoped a multi OT game would take place, instead Lynchburg will clear the bench in the 4th. W&L cruised they will need to play a flawless game Saturday
Nothinbutthelax

Yup. Coach K running his 3rd middies and 4th poke #14 Marindin.
No better place to play then Shelly field..
Always worry about W&L at their place..
dingdongdman

Post by dingdongdman »

Seems wild to me how HSC still doesn't recognize how to defend against Lynchburg's weave. HSC middies/LSMs are giving up topside and getting beat to the middle every single time for easy shots. Force them down the alley!!
Nothinbutthelax

When they do LYN move the ball fast to the backside and they pay that way so pick your poison..

Hoping 2 ODAC teams get in the dance.
Does this 10 goal loss hurt HSC?
If W&L loses in a close one do they get in?
If LYN loses I’d say they get in on quality wins.

I guess the Medwar vs. Gallagher debate is spelled.
dingdongdman

Post by dingdongdman »

That's why you choke X so they can't swing it around to the backside. Look at what W&L did against Lynchburg in the 2019 ODAC championship. Worked like a charm then. Where there's a will there's a way and looks like HSC did not have that mentality today. Hope the Generals will this weekend! Regardless, Lynchburg's offense looked dangerous and has a lot of different weapons. Thought #27 on Lynchburg looked particularly good today. Hoping the Generals pull out the W but it'll take a full team effort, can't rely on Taylor to make 15+ saves every time.
Dehuntshigwa’es

W&L has to win to get to the dance, Lynchburg I think is in no matter what. Well played and coached game by Lynchburg. W&L had better play their best game of the season because that is what it will take. Bou and company need a big game at the dot, D and Taylor keep Gennies close Into the 4th and get a little lucky. That Sr class and 5th year group will be tough. Agree with Dingdong, W&L has seen the weave a million times they should know how to handle it but will they. Do your job!
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:01 pm
Hoping 2 ODAC teams get in the dance.
Probably the only way that happens is with a Lynchburg loss in the ODAC final.

CNU's resume seems to be better than W&Ls (OT win over the Generals helps greatly)

The Hornets were absolutely great tonight.
W&LLover

Post by W&LLover »

Was at the HSC v. LYN game tonight...

All I have to say is that the LYN fans were horrendous. Yelling at members of the HSC team. Even cursing at them. Yelling at HSC’s head coach. Definitely showed a representation of the types of people that LYN is bringing in. Poor class all around from the lynchburg fans. Even when they were up by a lot in the 4th, the fans stayed at it yelling at the HSC players. Very poor sportsmanship on their part. Hope W&L whoops them on Saturday, solely because of the show the fans put on at the game tonight. I know Greenspan will be lights out in the big game on his home field, and play like the all-American that he is.

Roll gennies

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”