NESCAC vs IVY

D3 Womens Lacrosse
westcoastlax

NESCAC vs IVY

Post by westcoastlax »

Big game today: Tufts vs Dartmouth

Tufts vs Dartmouth is a mens / women's lacrosse double header today. I am surprised this has not been mentioned on this board. There is quite a bit of interest on the men's board. It should be an interesting game. Tufts is a top-five DIII team. In a typical year, this would be a mismatch but with this being Dartmouth's first game, you never know.

Any thoughts?
lovelax

Re: NESCAC vs IVY

Post by lovelax »

Tufts prevailed 11-5. Dartmouth has not played in over a year and tufts has several games under their belt. As expected Tufts looks sharp and Dartmouth was sloppy. Tufts is very good but I would not overemphasize the outcome. The top D3 teams could beat the lower ranked D! teams IMO. Recall in 2017 a team that did not qualify for the 40+ NCAA D3 tourney (Hamilton) beat the eventual D2 national champ in the regular season. That said Tufts needed a game like this to get ready for the D# tourney due to the lack of tough schedule with defending champ Middlebury, and top 10 teams Amherst and Bowdoin sitting out this season. I like tufts to make it to the final 4 this year with other possible teams W&L, F&M, Gettysburg, Salisbury and SJF.

Return to “D3 WOMENS LACROSSE”