Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by Peter Brown »

DMac wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:46 am No, the video is about what you describe as "a few" rogue cops knowingly violating people's rights and not giving one flat schidt about them. This is far too common which you are unwilling to recognize.
I do understand what you're saying but this is just part of the picture, the bigger picture is the attitude/mentality that we (cops) can do whatever we want to people and they damn sure better comply cuz we've got the badges and guns.

I disagree with your premise. Like some of you, I know many local police. My best pal is the county sheriff. I don’t know even one cop I would not trust in any situation. They are all solid guys, family oriented, helpful, straight arrows, patriotic, generous, fair, smart. I just spent an entire day at a local sheriffs aviation station getting a tour of the various assets the county has purchased to help safely fight crime (drones being the most interesting). These guys are aware of constitutional rights as they deal with a ton of crazies as well as pure thugs.

Also I could post articles about Democrats supporting civil asset forfeiture all day. This one law leads to more police abuse than any other.

https://theappeal.org/rhode-island-civi ... a63fec256/
Last edited by Peter Brown on Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:55 am I don’t know even one cop I would not trust in any situation. They are all solid guys, family oriented, helpful, straight arrows, patriotic, generous, fair, smart...
This may very well be your experience. Others have had a very different experience. Many others. Especially people in Baltimore, Detroit, Atlanta, etc.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Matnum PI wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:58 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:55 am I don’t know even one cop I would not trust in any situation. They are all solid guys, family oriented, helpful, straight arrows, patriotic, generous, fair, smart...
This may very well be your experience. Others have had a very different experience. Many others. Especially people in Baltimore, Detroit, Atlanta, etc.

True. But please note the police position in those cities too; it’s not a one way street. They are dealing with some fairly rough populations.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Now we just need to get the rest of police forces across the country with the same quality people you describe and we'll be all set. We've got a way to go though.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

not unlike saying "I don't know any murderers and drug dealers so there can't be any."

Why would we worry about gang murderers and drug dealers, why would we prosecute them? Gee, why don't we just ask their fellow gang members if the boss ordered the murder? Probably would tell the truth...nah, Joe is a good guy, he didn't have anything to do with it...the other guy drew first...he had it coming...

And no, cities don't have "rough populations", any more than one could say that of suburban or rural populations. The large majority of citizens, in each of these areas, are law-abiding, family oriented, helpful, straight arrows, patriotic, generous, fair, smart...they just have density clusters of abject poverty, with lead paint and pipes, crumbling infrastructure including schools, trash, low health care access, little to no access to affordable, nutritious food, daily stress... whereas these are less densely concentrated in other areas.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

https://2qibqm39xjt6q46gf1rwo2g1-wpengi ... 24x725.jpg

If cops would only learn this lesson this would become a far better society.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:55 am
DMac wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:46 am No, the video is about what you describe as "a few" rogue cops knowingly violating people's rights and not giving one flat schidt about them. This is far too common which you are unwilling to recognize.
I do understand what you're saying but this is just part of the picture, the bigger picture is the attitude/mentality that we (cops) can do whatever we want to people and they damn sure better comply cuz we've got the badges and guns.

I disagree with your premise. Like some of you, I know many local police. My best pal is the county sheriff. I don’t know even one cop I would not trust in any situation. They are all solid guys, family oriented, helpful, straight arrows, patriotic, generous, fair, smart. I just spent an entire day at a local sheriffs aviation station getting a tour of the various assets the county has purchased to help safely fight crime (drones being the most interesting). These guys are aware of constitutional rights as they deal with a ton of crazies as well as pure thugs.

Also I could post articles about Democrats supporting civil asset forfeiture all day. This one law leads to more police abuse than any other.

spending time on a problem you don't think exists

Started indoor grows.....in earnest......in Vermont and New York, in the late 80's.

We....too, Peter Brown, became "friends" with the local police.......you think "Gus" was just created out of someones "imagination" ? :lol: :lol:

Sure, there are plenty of NON-pedifile priests, nice, decent people.

BUT.....if you want to play your non productive partisan game.......the REPUBLICAN police and Legal process, in Palm Beach Fl,

let Epstein do his thing.

What IS incorrect, inaccurate.... about my last statement?

fly away.....Judge Smales is ready....and waiting....to converse with you......
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:22 am Image

minneapolis IS your backyard......stfup and DO something about this problem.

blaming OTHERS........has worked for 50 years......

what problem
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:26 am

what problem

Ah, I see you're back to using your ABV identity. Am surprised the Admin allows people to use multiple accounts.

As for your comments, well, whatever. :lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:20 am
not unlike saying "I don't know any murderers and drug dealers so there can't be any."

Why would we worry about gang murderers and drug dealers, why would we prosecute them? Gee, why don't we just ask their fellow gang members if the boss ordered the murder? Probably would tell the truth...nah, Joe is a good guy, he didn't have anything to do with it...the other guy drew first...he had it coming...

And no, cities don't have "rough populations", any more than one could say that of suburban or rural populations. The large majority of citizens, in each of these areas, are law-abiding, family oriented, helpful, straight arrows, patriotic, generous, fair, smart...they just have density clusters of abject poverty, with lead paint and pipes, crumbling infrastructure including schools, trash, low health care access, little to no access to affordable, nutritious food, daily stress... whereas these are less densely concentrated in other areas.
Dude....wish some had principles.

Bet you can't wait to get back to Baltimore, roll up your sleaves.........get working .

Like your "small efforts" over the past 50 years have helped.

Maybe.....try a different approach....
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:27 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:26 am

what problem

Ah, I see you're back to using your ABV identity. Am surprised the Admin allows people to use multiple accounts.

As for your comments, well, whatever. :lol:
but, than, that would make ADMIN........doing what you claim is wrong.

message......NOT......messenger.

you want to solve nothing........hence, nothing gets solved.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:20 am

In your weird quest to be the woke lib conscience of this board, you’re starting to be incoherent. Your attempted analogy isn’t remotely on point. Where do I even start?

Of course some police aren’t good guys...there are 800,000 of them. I bet there are also a few bad MIAA parents too, amazingly :roll:

Baltimore in fact does have a rougher population than most. It’s per capita murder rate eclipses that of most 3rd World countries! What you could more intelligently posit is that increased poverty contributes to more crime, and because Baltimore’s leaders (you would be one frankly) and politicians haven’t figured out how to change the trajectory of said poverty, life has become relatively worthless to many residents, hence the murder rate. Practically the largest building (and business!) in Baltimore is their prison complex off the Expressway; to visitors like me, it’s all I remember.

Respect the police, pay them more, support them with intensive training. Professionalize the squad. That’s what Florida counties now do (some Florida city police forces aren’t quite there).

What you don’t do is what MD does: blame the police.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:24 am

Started indoor grows.....in earnest......in Vermont and New York, in the late 80's.

We....too, Peter Brown, became "friends" with the local police.......you think "Gus" was just created out of someones "imagination" ? :lol: :lol:

BUT.....if you want to play your non productive partisan game.......the REPUBLICAN police and Legal process, in Palm Beach Fl,

May surprise you ABV, but money buys some (but not always, and less every day) access in justice.

Epstein was more a federal squashing of PB police btw. Your boogeyman here is a hero of the Left, Bharara. Who reached him to squash this and why would he agree?
ABV 8.3%

NO TIME

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:41 am [

In your weird quest to be the woke lib conscience of this board, you’re starting to be incoherent. Your attempted analogy isn’t remotely on point. Where do I even start?

Of course some police aren’t good guys...there are 800,000 of them. I bet there are also a few bad MIAA parents too, amazingly :roll:

Baltimore in fact does have a rougher population than most. It’s per capita murder rate eclipses that of most 3rd World countries! What you could more intelligently posit is that increased poverty contributes to more crime, and because Baltimore’s leaders (you would be one frankly) and politicians haven’t figured out how to change the trajectory of said poverty, life has become relatively worthless to many residents, hence the murder rate. Practically the largest building (and business!) in Baltimore is their prison complex off the Expressway; to visitors like me, it’s all I remember.

Respect the police, pay them more, support them with intensive training. Professionalize the squad. That’s what Florida counties now do (some Florida city police forces aren’t quite there).

spend some time learning....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxnuYuqjjjQ

this seems like a productive use of "protect and serve"

keep on putting cops lives at risk by continuing this idiotic behavior

insecure cops........nothing to change, Peter Brown.... you are right.....
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:45 am

May surprise you ABV, but money buys some (but not always, and less every day) access in justice.

Epstein was more a federal squashing of PB police btw. Your boogeyman here is a hero of the Left, Bharara. Who reached him to squash this and why would he agree?
just a beacon of information......

...and YET....you have TIME......

Here is a solution

YOU.......with all your R's

and BROOKIE, with all his D's

can go kill each other .....please......the parties that want to solve nothing

You know what THAT will leave us, here in the United States of American?

60% of the population
runrussellrun

Re: NO TIME

Post by runrussellrun »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:49 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:41 am [

spend some time learning....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxnuYuqjjjQ

this seems like a productive use of "protect and serve"

keep on putting cops lives at risk by continuing this idiotic behavior

insecure cops........nothing to change, Peter Brown.... you are right.....

yup.....you and mdlaxfan are peas in a pod. with your absolutisms based on proxy experiences, if that.

no time.......yet you post. dude, I can type 80 words a minute.........with an IQ writing style to match that 80 ;)
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:05 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:45 am

just a beacon of information......

...and YET....you have TIME......

Here is a solution

YOU.......with all your R's

and BROOKIE, with all his D's

can go kill each other .....please......the parties that want to solve nothing

You know what THAT will leave us, here in the United States of American?

60% of the population

It might save you some embarrassment if you’d read others posts, but I’ve repeatedly stated that by invalidating asset forfeiture laws, in one stroke you’d eliminate a significant percentage of police abuses. I’ll offer a second, which I’ve also stated here: eliminate private prisons.

By financially incentivizing abuse, miraculously you get more of it. Odd, huh? :roll:

Want more? Legalize drugs and prostitution.

More? Eliminate probation except for violent crime.

More?!? Seriously? Okay, eliminate all laws and crime enhancements that carry prison penalties l enacted in the last 49 years.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Peter, mark this one down, we're in agreement there.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

DMac wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:23 pm Peter, mark this one down, we're in agreement there.
It is progress........he offered some solid solutions.

Are you talking car and mortgage foreclosures, and serving warrants because one didn't pay the $10 excise tax for a boat? asset forfeiture?

The "tail lite out" is just a pathway to potential "abuse"

YES........discuss these solutions.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

DMac wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:23 pm Peter, mark this one down, we're in agreement there.

It happens. :D

Most people are normal. I’m way more libertarian than Republican, but absolutely NOT a Democrat. Obviously.

The reforms I posted are anathema to Democrats, which is sad. Most are civil liberty issues; all have been used to beat down minorities. But when you remove power from government, Democrats recoil.

If I were a Republican politician, I’d zero in on all of those ideas and forever break the stranglehold on minorities by Democrats, even though its Democratic policies mostly responsible for poverty and police abuses. It’s tragic really.

Crime enhancement laws are sops to the woke, but they are always used to incarcerate minorities, and deny defendants any reasonable right to defend themselves against the government.
Last edited by Peter Brown on Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”