Upper Iowa

D2 Womens Lacrosse
LaxCoach13

Upper Iowa

Post by LaxCoach13 »

I know its not a big time program, but any program in trouble is not good for the sport. Just heard that Upper Iowa has cancelled their season due to not enough players (second time in three years and the third year was covid) and they have fired their coach. I am guessing for lack of recruiting, how long will the school support a program like that, also how does it effect others, the GLAC is down to 5 teams.
Bart

Re: Upper Iowa

Post by Bart »

LaxCoach13 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:29 pm I know its not a big time program, but any program in trouble is not good for the sport. Just heard that Upper Iowa has cancelled their season due to not enough players (second time in three years and the third year was covid) and they have fired their coach. I am guessing for lack of recruiting, how long will the school support a program like that, also how does it effect others, the GLAC is down to 5 teams.
I've been watching this program for the last couple of years. I was always interested in seeing how they would fair. It must be a real difficult to recruit there. Ever since I have had an interest they have seemed to bounce right around having enough players and not enough. Injuries? I would not hazard a guess as to the ultimate end for this program but it certainly does not look promising.
LaxManiax

Re: Upper Iowa

Post by LaxManiax »

Its all on the coaching. Saying its tough to recruit is one thing but you have to know your setting. If your at small school in the middle of nowhere you have to take any kid you can get then find your high level players from there. Fielding a team comes 1st, success can follow. To many Midwest programs are hiring coaches with pour recruiting skills. That has to be the #1 factor when hiring a coach to these schools. Can you recruit!?!?!

Return to “D2 WOMENS LACROSSE”