Fall Sports Cancelled

D1 Mens Lacrosse
FMUBart

Re: Fall Sports Cancelled

Post by FMUBart »

Never heard of quarantining the healthy people? But, I thought pool testing was on the way...this would be much less costly.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It’s testing the team, for Bart football close to $70k is what they were told even though the season is down to like 5-6 games if at all currently.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

FMUBart wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:43 pm Never heard of quarantining the healthy people? But, I thought pool testing was on the way...this would be much less costly.
That is what SA's are doing and have the benefit of doing with being confined to campus. USNA did that with the plebes....they had what i've heard is a VERY-VERY low positive test result. That was with close to 1500 kids to include those on ROM (Restriction of Movement) and upper class students preparing for the summer, TAD, etc. also on the yard....essentially a small D3 college or HS

It can be done.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

D3 MAC conference will suspend fall sports. Announcement later today. Think there's 16 or so schools in the conference. Lots of PA schools.
viper

Post by viper »

Wheels wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:12 pm D3 MAC conference will suspend fall sports. Announcement later today. Think there's 16 or so schools in the conference. Lots of PA schools.
No fall sports, but my understanding is that one MAC school's lacrosse team will be practicing twice a week in the fall (no fall scrimmages). The previous practice limits on fall and spring have been changes to one overall limit across BOTH fall and spring - so technically there is no hard limit on the number of fall practices.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

viper wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:51 am
Wheels wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:12 pm D3 MAC conference will suspend fall sports. Announcement later today. Think there's 16 or so schools in the conference. Lots of PA schools.
No fall sports, but my understanding is that one MAC school's lacrosse team will be practicing twice a week in the fall (no fall scrimmages). The previous practice limits on fall and spring have been changes to one overall limit across BOTH fall and spring - so technically there is no hard limit on the number of fall practices.
Like you're saying, it's going to depend school-by-school. Some campuses are really limiting access. Others are allowing smaller numbers. Will be surprised to see any full team practices, though. That's probably going to be more of a state-level directive. NJ and PA will probably lock it all down back to no more than 10 people together, whether inside or out. MD might be a bit different.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

I was told the Ivy league lax teams would be having fall workouts, can anyone confirm? While not business as usual, some abbreviated fall ball season would be nice!
richlax5

Post by richlax5 »

This is for those wondering what the effects of CoVid can be on healthy athletes. He is 24 years old and why schools are postponing the fall season.

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/pro/pll/j ... n-my-plate

While most believe that once a person has recovered from CoVid he or she is fine there is more coming out that suggests otherwise.
bauer4429

Post by bauer4429 »

If a league has cancelled fall sports I would not think there would be fall ball. I think each college will vary with regard to fall workouts given logistics of social distancing. I believe the NCAA allows lacrosse teams to practice 8 hours a week in the offseason. Some Ivies have planned to have reduced occupancy on campus so I am not sure how they would hold practices -maybe athletes are given preference to be on campus idk.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

I know the Liberty League(D3) will still be practicing(and also playing some league games in various sports)...
bauer4429

Post by bauer4429 »

I interpret the fall league cancellations to be cancellations of competition. Each college or university will make their own decisions with regard to practices and conditioning given parameters to prevent the spread of coronavirus. I don’t think practices will be quite the same as they were in the past, and some colleges may decide to forgo them.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Several Liberty League schools intend to play games against league opponents. Obviously some schools will choose not to, while others will partake.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

richlax5 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:31 pm This is for those wondering what the effects of CoVid can be on healthy athletes. He is 24 years old and why schools are postponing the fall season.

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/pro/pll/j ... n-my-plate

While most believe that once a person has recovered from CoVid he or she is fine there is more coming out that suggests otherwise.
Thanks for posting. I have my both of my cousins who were division one lacrosse players deal with the a similar issue, myocarditis. It is quite common, goes away with rest and sometimes mild treatment and is not permanent. This is not to underscore what you are trying to make a point of. This is one athlete his career is far from over. He just wasn't cleared to play a shortened high intensity tournament shortly after recovering from the virus, even if it was asymptomatic. He will more than likely be cleared to play come next year. This was done out of an abundance of caution, the last thing the PLL needs is a liability on their hands so they opt for the smart, safe move and play it safe. Point I am trying to make is nobody said that all people are fine when they recover from CoVid. But the vast majority of them are a hell of lot better than when they were battling the infection. On a separate note, NBA is back tomorrow and Rangers Vs Canes on Saturday at Noon. Finally, something to take the mond off all the unnecessary negativity out there on the MSM. Sports!

Go Twins,
JoeMauer89
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Joe, we've been watching European Club soccer for many weeks now. Not too late to join this party...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
bauer4429

Post by bauer4429 »

FMUBart wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:21 pm Several Liberty League schools intend to play games against league opponents. Obviously some schools will choose not to, while others will partake.
Is this what the coaches are telling the players? I know D3 puts emphasis on academics and do not offer scholarships for that reason. I think most lacrosse teams will be restricted to practices this fall in every league ... and those practices will be challenging given the need for social distancing.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

bauer4429 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:14 am
FMUBart wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:21 pm Several Liberty League schools intend to play games against league opponents. Obviously some schools will choose not to, while others will partake.
Is this what the coaches are telling the players? I know D3 puts emphasis on academics and do not offer scholarships for that reason. I think most lacrosse teams will be restricted to practices this fall in every league ... and those practices will be challenging given the need for social distancing.
https://libertyleagueathletics.com/news ... ition.aspx
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”