2019 Fantasy Lacrosse Draft

2019 D1 Mens Fantasy Lacrosse
admin
Site Admin

Re: 2019 Fantasy Lacrosse Draft

Post by admin »

PA picks tomorrow and then, on Friday, ohmi makes his final pick, a D.

PA Talk Thursday, 6-Dec
ohmilax34 7-Dec
UK Lax 8-Dec
NJLaxx11 9-Dec
GreenieLax 10-Dec
CalLaxDad 11-Dec
HipandKneeDoc 12-Dec
TartanLax1822 13-Dec
GenghiskhanBluejay 14-Dec
Wholly Metro 15-Dec
Maddog 16-Dec
EZE 17-Dec
Typical Lax Dad 18-Dec
WeWantMore 19-Dec
WeWantMore 20-Dec
Typical Lax Dad 21-Dec
WeWantMoreLax

Post by WeWantMoreLax »

genghiskhanbluejay wrote: My suggestion would be adding a Faceoff player.
Lax power had an article with an analysis that statistically valued 3 faceoff wins as approximately the equivalent contribution towards a team win as a point scored. If we made it 4 faceoff wins equals a point scored it would make FOGO’s valuable but not the most important player in your lineup. i was taking a quick look and most FOGOs are going to contribute 1 to 3 points per game, A monster game would be 4 to 6 points, an added value would be in drafting a FOGO that is also a threat to score since those goals and assists can be added as points along with the points from faceoff totals. I would cap the number of FOGOs allowed on a roster at 2 per team; matchups each week will be important as obviously if your starting FOGO is going up against a TD or Baptiste you will want to swap him out.
Counting faceoff wins and converting them to points seems too complicated. I think the way you get the benefit of a great FOGO is to pick an A or M on the same team that will benefit from having way more possessions. That said, FOGOs are midfielders and can score points (TD had 11 last season). So if you want to play a FOGO, they can still help you.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Agreed. There are lots of things that are involved in winning games. TOs, FOs, GBs, etc. But putting the ball in the back of the net is the period at the end of the sentence. Easier to track and the most meaningful.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

I am still all for adding 1 player and 1 team.

I have always thought Lehigh and/or Bucknell should be an option.

Both teams are consistently competitive, at least on the level of the mid to lower half of the teams in our league. Both teams always have around 6 or 7 guys with 15 or more points on a season.

Another team worth considering in the same kind of "area" is Villanova.

I would love to see at least one of these teams added.
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

That Cornell defense better show up...

https://cornellbigred.com/news/2018/12/ ... -poll.aspx
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In the many years of FanLax, the only change we’ve made is removing Dartmouth and Hobart while adding Denver and Yale. When we add (or drop) teams, our top considerations are:

1. Premier Squad – Is the team we’re adding/removing good relatively to the other NCAA D1 Teams.
2. Current FanLax NCAA Teams within their Schedule – We prefer teams that play other FanLax NCAA teams.
3. Team We Like with Players We Like – There is a subjective factor to our decisions. Though, the two former factors which are relatively objective heavily influence this third.

http://lummys.com/fanlax/2018/01/29/how ... caa-teams/
In terms of #3, currently, I don't think there are any teams that fit this bill.
greenielax

Post by greenielax »

nclaxin wrote:Cornell Defense.

Hoping Lerlan allows them to take a step forward.
?? Are you talking about Chayse Ierlan (goalie)? No Ierlan on the Cornell roster....
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

greenielax wrote:
nclaxin wrote:Cornell Defense.

Hoping Lerlan allows them to take a step forward.
?? Are you talking about Chayse Ierlan (goalie)? No Ierlan on the Cornell roster....
Very confused by your comment. Yep...there is a Ierlan on the roster...

Possibly the best freshman goalie in the country....

https://cornellbigred.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=48409&path=

Hit the wrong button earlier....I not L
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

Well...

That Cornell defense just became a steal!!! ;)

"Australian face-off man Tim Graham was accepted by the school yesterday and will join @CornellLacrosse next month with four years of eligibility. A product of @MalvernLacrosse in Melbourne, he's been strong with the Aussie National Team, splitting with Baptiste over the summer."

This kid is a stud and may be the best face-off man in the country come this spring. Absolutely dominated the World Games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46Jr97tsR-4 (U19 Worlds)

Could not find video of the World Games.
PALax11

Post by PALax11 »

I have no real current information on this player but he's on the roster and others with similar accolades went early this year an last. So here is my shot in the dark, I hope I look smart next year :?:
Brendan Nichtern Fr A Army salut1
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

According to the Internet, Nichtern graduated in 2017, 2018, and 2019 and will be attending St. Joes, Navy, and Army.
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

Wow.

Totally forgot about him. I wonder how he did at USMAPS.

That could be a steal.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

PALax11 wrote:I have no real current information on this player but he's on the roster and others with similar accolades went early this year an last. So here is my shot in the dark, I hope I look smart next year :?:
Brendan Nichtern Fr A Army salut1
Son of a bit....!! I was hoping he would slip through. How did you know!?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

I am very mad at myself for forgetting about him. Usually, I am pretty good at that kind of stuff, but I totally forgot he existed.

That may be the steal of the draft if he pans out to be anything like the others receiving First Team All - Long Island (Laviano, Gray, DeSimone, Licciardi, Lulley, etc...)

Great HUGE upside pick.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

nclaxin wrote:I am very mad at myself for forgetting about him. Usually, I am pretty good at that kind of stuff, but I totally forgot he existed.

That may be the steal of the draft if he pans out to be anything like the others receiving First Team All - Long Island (Laviano, Gray, DeSimone, Licciardi, Lulley, etc...)

Great HUGE upside pick.
That is the first pick that actually crushed me. I was hoping he would last until my next pick.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
PALax11

Post by PALax11 »

nclaxin wrote:I am very mad at myself for forgetting about him. Usually, I am pretty good at that kind of stuff, but I totally forgot he existed.

Great HUGE upside pick.
Just landed back in Boston and happy to see my pick has caused a stir! NC when I saw the other names on the All LI list it really was a no brainer for me. All those guys are studs. Hoping Nichtern is the same.
PALax11

Post by PALax11 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:

Great HUGE upside pick.
That is the first pick that actually crushed me. I was hoping he would last until my next pick.
TLD always good to know I got a player you liked. Solid affirmation
greenielax

Post by greenielax »

nclaxin wrote:Very confused by your comment. Yep...there is a Ierlan on the roster...
Possibly the best freshman goalie in the country....
https://cornellbigred.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=48409&path=
Hit the wrong button earlier....I not L
Sorry--my goof--I was looking at the 2018 roster. Looks like OCanada and I may need special accommodations for our (self-admitted) attention-to-detail disabilities ;)
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Nichtern was the ONE player I had in mind when I suggested the redshirt pick. I wanted him.

Return to “2019 D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”