Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The Mueller Investigation

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

If I wanted to build something in the USA as a foreigner, would I have to talk to the POTUS?
If I wanted to build something in Russia as a foreigner, would I have to talk to Putin?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

If I was a regular businessman who wanted to build a hotel in Moscow, would I and my family and my lawyers lie to Congress about dealing with Russian oligarchs and despots?

YA, respectfully, I just think you are missing the point. How about this theoretical testimony (which is created here to mimic your "BFD"):

"Mr. Trump expected -- as almost every member of the punditocracy expected -- to lose the election. So I was tasked with continuing to help carry out the business of the Trump Organization, and traveled to Europe several times to meet with people who might assist us in getting a Trump branded hotel built in Moscow. This included functionaries of the Russian President. And I reported those conversations back to Mr. Trump, Don-Don and Lara's husband."

Instead, it appears that everyone lied about this.
Typical Lax Dad

seacoaster wrote:If I was a regular businessman who wanted to build a hotel in Moscow, would I and my family and my lawyers lie to Congress about dealing with Russian oligarchs and despots?

YA, respectfully, I just think you are missing the point. How about this theoretical testimony (which is created here to mimic your "BFD"):

"Mr. Trump expected -- as almost every member of the punditocracy expected -- to lose the election. So I was tasked with continuing to help carry out the business of the Trump Organization, and traveled to Europe several times to meet with people who might assist us in getting a Trump branded hotel built in Moscow. This included functionaries of the Russian President. And I reported those conversations back to Mr. Trump, Don-Don and Lara's husband."

He lied because he would have been accused of doing something wrong. Everyone teaches that to their kids. Lie if you think you may be falsely accused.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Senior writer at the National Review, no left wing nutcake:

https://twitter.com/DavidAFrench/status ... t-talks%2F

"Let's just be clear -- there is now evidence that Trump was pursuing a substantial personal business relationship with our chief geopolitical foe long after he wrapped up the GOP nomination.

Regardless of the legality of his actions, this is not acceptable."
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

The gold standard will be replaced by the Steele standard.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote:Senior writer at the National Review, no left wing nutcake:

"Let's just be clear -- there is now evidence that Trump was pursuing a substantial personal business relationship with our chief geopolitical foe long after he wrapped up the GOP nomination.

Is this opinion or is this law? Was it illegal for Trump in pursuing a substantial business relationship with a geopolitical foe? I don't know the answer but it is what he has been doing his entire life. Am I understanding your point being that once he wrapped up the nomination he should have sheet canned the deal? I was under the impression that this investigation was about the rooskies trying to rig our election in 2016. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... ement.html
Everybody keeps overlooking this statement from Mr Rosenstein. He is stating that up to this point in time... there is no evidence to support what so many people on this forum claim to be fact. That is there is no evidence against any American … period
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

youthathletics wrote:So he wanted to build a hotel in Russia....BFD.
If it's no BFD, why did Trump's personal lawyer Cohen lie to Congress about it? Why did Trump lie about it to the public? He said a zillion times that he had no dealings in Russia since before the first primary ...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote:
seacoaster wrote:Senior writer at the National Review, no left wing nutcake:

Is this opinion or is this law? Was it illegal for Trump in pursuing a substantial business relationship with a geopolitical foe? I don't know the answer but it is what he has been doing his entire life. Am I understanding your point being that once he wrapped up the nomination he should have sheet canned the deal? I was under the impression that this investigation was about the rooskies trying to rig our election in 2016. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... ement.html
Everybody keeps overlooking this statement from Mr Rosenstein. He is stating that up to this point in time... there is no evidence to support what so many people on this forum claim to be fact. That is there is no evidence against any American … period
cradle, I really do worry about your reading comprehension skills. If you are a little dyslexic, no sweat, but don't go claiming stuff that's clearly wrong.

From the title and the text:
Rosenstein: "No Allegation in This Indictment That Any American Had Any Knowledge" Of Russian Election Influence Operation

Rosenstein very clearly and repeatedly said "in this indictment". Nowhere does he say that there's no evidence of such, nor that other indictments won't be forthcoming with exactly that allegation and evidence.

Are you really trying to tell us that you find it "acceptable" that Trump was seeking to do a major deal with the Russians during the election???

We'd already learned that he was doing so during the primary campaign, but now its being alleged, indeed Cohen is pleading to it, said it under oath, and undoubtedly the Mueller team have a paper and/or tape trail as well, that the effort extended many months thereafter, during a period in which Trump and his family, and Cohen, had been denying any such activities. After he had secured the nomination, after the Russians were working to steal DNC emails, right before the Trump Tower meeting with the offer to provide damaging info on Clinton, etc, etc.

And do you think that's "acceptable"? Would the American voters have found it "acceptable"?

Another question, if Trump lied about this in his written responses to Mueller just now, would you dismiss that too as "acceptable"?
ggait

Post by ggait »

Now that the pre-election quiet period is over, Mueller is methodically rolling up the Trump crime family. Reminds me of the Godfather baptism scene.

Scene opens: Trump is sitting on the couch in the WH residence watching Fox News. His conversation on his unsecure iPhone with Hannity gets interrupted as Mueller and a phalanx of G-men walk in.

Mueller: You have to answer for Comey, Mr. President.

Trump: Bobby, I'm innocent. Please don't do this.

Mueller: Sit down Mr. President. [pause] Manafort is dead. [pause] So is Michael Cohen. [pause] Rick Gates. Flynn. Papadopolous. Corsi. Stone. Assange. Don Junior. Today, I settle all family business. [Trump starts whimpering.] Somebody get him a Diet Coke.

Mueller: Don't be afraid, Mr. President. I'm not going to indict you. No -- you're out. You're finished. That's your punishment.

[Trump drinks his Diet Coke.]

Mueller: I'm putting you on a plane to Mar-a-Lago. I want you to stay there. Only don't tell me you're innocent. Because it insults my intelligence. It makes me very angry...
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ggait wrote:Now that the pre-election quiet period is over, Mueller is methodically rolling up the Trump crime family. Reminds me of the Godfather baptism scene.

Scene opens: Trump is sitting on the couch in the WH residence watching Fox News. His conversation on his unsecure iPhone with Hannity gets interrupted as Mueller and a phalanx of G-men walk in.

Mueller: Sit down Mr. President. [pause] Manafort is dead. [pause] So is Michael Cohen. [pause] Rick Gates. Flynn. Papadopolous. Corsi. Stone. Assange. Don Junior. Today, I settle all family business. [Trump starts whimpering.] Somebody get him a Diet Coke.

Mueller: Don't be afraid, Mr. President. I'm not going to indict you. No -- you're out. You're finished. That's your punishment.

Mueller: I'm putting you on a plane to Mar-a-Lago. I want you to stay there. Only don't tell me you're innocent. Because it insults my intelligence. It makes me very angry...
:lol:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Couple more parts of the Dossier confirmed. Check.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

cradleandshoot's tape/article is from February. A lot happens in one week let alone 9 months.

Rod Blagojevich was shaking people down for political favors. e.g. Pay me $10K and I'll take care of X for you. To a Children's Hospital, Rod said, Pay me or I'm going to cut funding. Caught on tape. That's pretty amazing. Anyway, Trump has backed off on this but for a while he spoke explicitly to pardoning Rod. Trump's and Rod's perspectives are, Rod was jailed for practicing politics. To some, using political positions to blatantly prosper individually is "just politics" or whatever. It's not whatever. Rod got 14 years and for good reason.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote:Now that the pre-election quiet period is over, Mueller is methodically rolling up the Trump crime family. Reminds me of the Godfather baptism scene.

What time does Commodore Schmidlapp's comedy routine start tonight?
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote:
youthathletics wrote:If I wanted to build something in the USA as a foreigner, would I have to talk to the POTUS?
If I wanted to build something in Russia as a foreigner, would I have to talk to Putin?
If I was a regular businessman who wanted to build a hotel in Moscow, would I and my family and my lawyers lie to Congress about dealing with Russian oligarchs and despots?

I am not trying to be obtuse or pro-trump...simply pragmatic with the legal facts as we currently know them. My point above, about business dealings and proper procedure coupled with your statement, need to be untangled. Trump can comfortably say " I have no direct dealings with Putin or his oligarchs, despots.....aka Russia in "POLITCAL" terms, vs. my business is entertaining property in the country of Russia. Point of emphasis, in the video TLD referenced a few posts back, of the 17 times Russia was brought up...each of the instances was in reference to Putin or politically in nature.

For those here that are lawyers, how do you discern that Trump intentionally lied, unless one of Mueller's questions was "Mr President, have you or any of your family or business associates had contact with any "business associates that are residents/citizens in Russia" prior to your swearing in? His answer would then be telling if he was indeed communicating with Russians, but not "governmental political Russians" . I hope I explained the difference.

TLD also stated it in a fashion that simplifies it.
He lied because he would have been accused of doing something wrong. Everyone teaches that to their kids. Lie if you think you may be falsely accused.
Remember that many here, including the media, call him dumb, stupid, unfit....so he was likely answering everything in a political sense.

EDIT: I just saw this.....from his lips: https://ca.news.yahoo.com/trump-denies- ... 46323.html
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
njbill

Post by njbill »

Brilliant. When you finish the screenplay and sell it to Hollywood for millions of bucks, you have to promise to toss a few Benjamins to those (our saviors) who have founded and are running this website.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Youth -- nothing today proves anything against Trump regarding Russia. But here's what we learned today:

1. Cohen committed perjury before Congress regarding Russia.

2. Don Junior almost certainly committed perjury before Congress regarding Russia.

3. Cohen has spent 70 hours (!!!) talking to Mueller. Based on that 70 hours, Mueller has found Cohen's information significant enough and credible enough to enter into a formal cooperation agreement with Cohen.

While we know little of what Cohen is singing about. But think about how scary #3 is for Trump.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/an ... -putin-the

Trump planned to give 50 Million penthouse to Vlad.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
njbill

Post by njbill »

Anyone who wonders about Mueller’s thoroughness might want to skim through the report he prepared for the NFL in 2015 concerning the infamous Ray Rice elevator assault on his fiancée. One of the issues Mueller was asked to look into was whether there was any evidence the NFL office in New York had received a video of the elevator incident a couple of months before Goodell’s initial decision to suspend Rice for two games. Months after Goodell’s original ruling, it was reported in the press that a female at the league office had acknowledged receipt of the video by leaving a voice mail message (from an NFL office phone) on the cell phone of the person who allegedly had sent the video to the league office. In investigating this issue, Mueller’s team interviewed all 188 females whose electronic security badges recorded that they were in the NFL building on the date in question. He identified 1583 calls made from league office phones on the date in question. After eliminating those that were obviously irrelevant, his team called the remaining 938 phone numbers to determine the identities of the recipients of those calls.

Not to make light of the seriousness of the Rice incident, but what Mueller is investigating now is infinitely more important. If he left no stone unturned in investigating Ray Rice, one can only imagine how thorough he will be and how deep he will dig to get all relevant evidence to his current investigation.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... -case.html
Typical Lax Dad

Trinity wrote:https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/an ... -putin-the

Trump planned to give 50 Million penthouse to Vlad.
Trump gives away $50mm penthouses all the time. Just out of the goodness of his heart..... Do we know how many other $10mm, $20mm, $30mm, $40mm, $50mm apartments Trump has given away in his lifetime. It's no BFD....it happens all the time.

Return to “POLITICS”