Re: Yale 2020

Post by Matnum PI »

And Handley was with him... :)
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
molo

Post by molo »

Uplifting story about an experience he will never forget. Back in the dark days before camps took over lax players summers, a fair number worked as lifeguards, where if you were lucky enough to work at a major beach, you had the opportunity to put your CPR training to work.
Lax3

Post by Lax3 »

Apologies if I am a little thick on this question, but does this spring lack of season mean that every freshman, sophomore and junior at the Ivies can get a fourth year elsewhere? This has to drive the coaches absolutely crazy as they will develop players and then watch at least some of them move on to a fifth year at one of the powerhouse programs.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Lax3 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:42 pm Apologies if I am a little thick on this question, but does this spring lack of season mean that every freshman, sophomore and junior at the Ivies can get a fourth year elsewhere? This has to drive the coaches absolutely crazy as they will develop players and then watch at least some of them move on to a fifth year at one of the powerhouse programs.
Yes. The extra year of eligibility applies to all current players.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Lax3 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:42 pm Apologies if I am a little thick on this question, but does this spring lack of season mean that every freshman, sophomore and junior at the Ivies can get a fourth year elsewhere? This has to drive the coaches absolutely crazy as they will develop players and then watch at least some of them move on to a fifth year at one of the powerhouse programs.
Yep. A few Harvard underclassmen have already pre-submitted themselves to the transfer portal for after they graduate. That I didn't know you could do until this year. So it's possible they know where they will play as 5th years long before they're done at Harvard.
spartanslynx

Post by spartanslynx »

TD Ierlan picked first overall in the MLL draft by NY Lizards. Lets see if he'll play there.

Will Weitzel also picked in the first round. 6th overall to the Bayhawks as team mix picking the greatest talent and who they can get to play
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

HopFan16 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:57 pm
Yep. A few Harvard underclassmen have already pre-submitted themselves to the transfer portal for after they graduate. That I didn't know you could do until this year. So it's possible they know where they will play as 5th years long before they're done at Harvard.
I don’t like the one foot out the door feel for some of the players.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
semsox

Post by semsox »

Just posted 15 minutes ago. Behind a paywall, but you can get the idea from the headline. Seems Ierlan's status as a transfer left some wiggle room here?

https://www.ctinsider.com/colleges/nhre ... 0(Premium)
spartanslynx

Post by spartanslynx »

TD Ierlan will return and play at Yale. Him having courses left for his Political Science degree after transfering from UAlbany means that he still counts as a undergraduate

https://www.ctinsider.com/colleges/nhre ... mpaign=CMS Sharing Tools (Premium)&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral
Typical Lax Dad

spartanslynx wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:55 pm TD Ierlan will return and play at Yale. Him having courses left for his Political Science degree after transfering from UAlbany means that he still counts as a undergraduate

https://www.ctinsider.com/colleges/nhre ... mpaign=CMS Sharing Tools (Premium)&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral
I heard that last night. I PM'd a couple of guys.
Lax3

Post by Lax3 »

Awesome news that TD is back! Morrill and Hynes have to be pretty upset but good for Shay that they have him for another year.

Wonder how poor Neumann works through this. Top FOGO coming out of high school. Plus they are getting the top ranked FOGO in country coming in from Chaminade.
molo

Post by molo »

I thought the original reason given for the transfer from Albany had something to do with economics and his aspirations in the world of business.
Sting The Corner

Post by Sting The Corner »

Unforeseen benefit of needing 5 years for the diploma. A little off brand for Yale, but can’t blame them for making it work. Handsome Dan can rejoice.
molo wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:36 pm I thought the original reason given for the transfer from Albany had something to do with economics and his aspirations in the world of business.
thetruth

Post by thetruth »

molo wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:36 pm I thought the original reason given for the transfer from Albany had something to do with economics and his aspirations in the world of business.
I recall that as well. TD was an Econ major at Albany according to the articles below so I’m not sure where the Poli Sci angle is coming from but whatever...

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/st ... 723351002/

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... pter/53728

"Take it easy, I'm pre-law, man"
"I thought you were pre-med?"
"What's the difference."

Knowledge is Good
Last edited by thetruth on Tue May 05, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
calourie

Post by calourie »

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ason/56379

Another article reporting the news. Got the heads up from TLD and was surprised to say the least. Yale's willingness to make this particular adjustment might lead to more concerted efforts by Cornell, Brown and Penn to pursue keeping more of their seniors. Joey Neumann's situation and choices are entirely up to him. I expect him to make the right ones for himself. He's now had two years as an understudy to arguably the best collegiate FOGO ever and knows what to expect from the program and the school as well.

TDs return, provided the spring season is a go and he stays in good health, should be nothing but a blessing for Yale's 2021 team and season. Here's wishing everyone well, and a quick end to the Covid nightmare.
Typical Lax Dad

calourie wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:10 pm https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ason/56379

Another article reporting the news. Got the heads up from TLD and was surprised to say the least. Yale's willingness to make this particular adjustment might lead to more concerted efforts by Cornell, Brown and Penn to pursue keeping more of their seniors. Joey Neumann's situation and choices are entirely up to him. I expect him to make the right ones for himself. He's now had two years as an understudy to arguably the best collegiate FOGO ever and knows what to expect from the program and the school as well.

TDs return, provided the spring season is a go and he stays in good health, should be nothing but a blessing for Yale's 2021 team and season. Here's wishing everyone well, and a quick end to the Covid nightmare.
You see.... I didn't pass along bad info last night.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

calourie wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:10 pm https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ason/56379

...Joey Neumann's situation and choices are entirely up to him. I expect him to make the right ones for himself. He's now had two years as an understudy to arguably the best collegiate FOGO ever and knows what to expect from the program and the school as well.

Yes, and Neuman's timing seemed perfect, coming in right after 3rd Team All American Conor Mackie's graduation....
Yes, TLD had a good source, and TD is tremendous. Say what you will, but TD does tilt the field in Yale's favor. Next year's Yale sophomores will have had so little collegiate playing time, it will almost be like having two first-year classes. With Morrill and Guadet gone, I could imagine Bragg moving from midfield back to his natural attack role (although after big Sam Handley burst onto the scenes at Penn, we may have entered the big, tall midfielder era). And yes, wishing everyone well, and for a return to some semblance of normality.
Lax3

Post by Lax3 »

Nice pick-up from Class of 2022:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=co ... M%3DHDRSC4

Yale with two of the top 16 ranked Inside Lacrosse Class of 2022 players.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

FannOLax wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:57 pm ... Yes, TLD had a good source, and TD is tremendous. Say what you will, but TD does tilt the field in Yale's favor. Next year's Yale sophomores will have had so little collegiate playing time, it will almost be like having two first-year classes. With Morrill and Guadet gone, I could imagine Bragg moving from midfield back to his natural attack role (although after big Sam Handley burst onto the scenes at Penn, we may have entered the big, tall midfielder era). And yes, wishing everyone well, and for a return to some semblance of normality.
Do the new f/o rules begin this year? Maybe field won't be tilted that much.
Typical Lax Dad

bearlaxfan wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:37 pm
FannOLax wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:57 pm ... Yes, TLD had a good source, and TD is tremendous. Say what you will, but TD does tilt the field in Yale's favor. Next year's Yale sophomores will have had so little collegiate playing time, it will almost be like having two first-year classes. With Morrill and Guadet gone, I could imagine Bragg moving from midfield back to his natural attack role (although after big Sam Handley burst onto the scenes at Penn, we may have entered the big, tall midfielder era). And yes, wishing everyone well, and for a return to some semblance of normality.
Do the new f/o rules begin this year? Maybe field won't be tilted that much.
Might be better for him. Time will tell.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”