All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
63%
1 person.
15%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 68

holmes435

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by holmes435 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:14 pm Can someone confirm that we have had 50,000 deaths in one month.

Edit: on March 31, we had 5,151 deaths. We have added 50,000 and the month isn’t over. Just like the flu.
That's about what I'm seeing on the UVA tracker. The flu sees about 10,000 - 60,000 deaths for the entire season in the US.

Flu deaths worldwide seem to be around 250k-500k per year. We've had about 180k confirmed deaths from coronavirus in the past 4-5 weeks with lockdowns and social isolation nearly worldwide.

Looks like it's starting to hit Russia hard too. If you thought we got shoddy numbers out of China, we're gonna get bup and kus out of Russia.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:16 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:14 pm Can someone confirm that we have had 50,000 deaths in one month.

Edit: on March 31, we had 5,151 deaths. We have added 50,000 and the month isn’t over. Just like the flu.
That's about what I'm seeing on the UVA tracker. The flu sees about 10,000 - 60,000 deaths for the entire season in the US.

Flu deaths worldwide seem to be around 250k-500k per year. We've had about 180k confirmed deaths from coronavirus in the past 4-5 weeks with lockdowns and social isolation nearly worldwide.

Looks like it's starting to hit Russia hard too. If you thought we got shoddy numbers out of China, we're gonna get bup and kus out of Russia.
Hubris is going to set us back. We need to hold it down for 4 more weeks take our medicine. What’s going to happen is we will be shut down in the fall and it’s going to be longer. Penny wise and pound foolish. Cases and deaths are still building in Georgia.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:41 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:23 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:01 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:27 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:50 pm I’m a right wing delusional? Damn I get accused By Cradle, OS and Peter Brown-eye of being something liberal pole smoker and now you’re weak sauce is coming my way?

You’re a Fng clown. You just complain like a little baby. You give reasonable discourse as bad of a name as bandito. Same dump just other side.

How about you man up and stand on your own two feet instead of being a whiny gimp who has to say “he did it first” like a dumbass pre school girl? That’s some gilded soft stuff.

Talk talk talk. I doubt you are anything but a fragilista who claims others as your own.
Excuse me ? Plz show a post where I accused you of anything ?
You are correct. Have a handful of the cohort who’s ride or die with our president that have thrown me in that bucket and was just pulling names to make a point that these boards are so “side oriented” that even people trying to have a real conversation get segmented into a group. There’s a reason I tell people I’m a registered republican, don’t believe in any labels and prefer to take each isuue independently but if one wanted to segment me I’m probably closest to a libertarian. I can’t stand folks lining me up as monolithic with one “side” or another. Makes me want to puke.

But your reply here is more emotional than 250 posts on issues you’ve vehemently held your ground on. How’s you get so uptight about this and play the semantics games I see you play in defending a specific side so frequently?

Nonetheless I apologize for throwing your name in there, my point is i can’t even make a point on various issues without clowns on both sides who type nonsense accusing me of being one thing or another.

Better?
In so many words what you are telling us all is that you have a superiority complex to all of us lowly peons. Read you Lima Charlie there big dog. How is the air way up there where you are perched on your ivory tower of elitism? Does your chit stink or is the aroma more of roses in bloom? Sorry our ignorance is sooooooooooooo very beneath your level. :roll:
Didn't get those two cups of coffee yet? Not what I'm saying at all. I just don't believe in pigeonholing people on worldviews. It's the same argument you've made a hundred times about yourself, so you'd be on the exact same perch with me if that's what you think I was saying.
I am just your run of the mill jerkweed. You as of late have upped your game to an elitist jerkweed. I understand my defects of character. You good sir are oblivious that yours even exist. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Wow, ok. Then you can heck off too. Can't even handle reading comprehension. I've got enough on my plate but some people here are making me come back to my roots and want to start beating the turd out of mouthy jerkoffs on these boards.

Not second guessing my getting far away from upstate NY after college now. Consolation is all you old heck will be dead soon enough to rid this world of scumbaggery.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:02 pm Except he acknowledged it earlier today. So, as Degeneration X used to profess- Suck it!
Hold the phone there nellie. I did not pigeon hole anybody. I described a political ideology that defines some peoples extreme positions. If you read and can comprehend what they say on a daily basis, that is not hard to do. You may want to extricate that orb between your shoulders from that dark and unsanitary rectal orifice you have placed it in. The fresh air would do you some good.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:36 am Wow, ok. Then you can heck off too. Can't even handle reading comprehension. I've got enough on my plate but some people here are making me come back to my roots and want to start beating the turd out of mouthy jerkoffs on these boards.

Not second guessing my getting far away from upstate NY after college now. Consolation is all you old heck will be dead soon enough to rid this world of scumbaggery.
You find that fresh air yet? :lol:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:40 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:02 pm Except he acknowledged it earlier today. So, as Degeneration X used to profess- Suck it!
Hold the phone there nellie. I did not pigeon hole anybody. I described a political ideology that defines some peoples extreme positions. If you read and can comprehend what they say on a daily basis, that is not hard to do. You may want to extricate that orb between your shoulders from that dark and unsanitary rectal orifice you have placed it in. The fresh air would do you some good.
It was acknowledging the two cups of coffee numbnuts. Follow the string. My head is on fine, been working for two hours already this morning. But I can rip some other folks off and shove them in places they shouldn't be. Interested?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:36 am Wow, ok. Then you can heck off too. Can't even handle reading comprehension. I've got enough on my plate but some people here are making me come back to my roots and want to start beating the turd out of mouthy jerkoffs on these boards.

You pigeon holing us old folks there skippy? I promise to live long enough so you will have to pay my social security for a good long time. Keep your nose to the grindstone there, us old folks need your money.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:42 am
It was acknowledging the two cups of coffee numbnuts. Follow the string. My head is on fine, been working for two hours already this morning. But I can rip some other folks off and shove them in places they shouldn't be. Interested?
Threatening violence are we? Is that how you handle your insecure nature?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:47 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:42 am
Threatening violence are we? Is that how you handle your insecure nature?
How about we lower the temperature, guys.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It's fine, I'm done with morons here. Complete waste of time, will be back home by end of week and back to most of life. Distraction of these boards turned into a destruction of value for me not value add in any meaningful way it's very clear.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:52 am It's fine, I'm done with morons here. Complete waste of time, will be back home by end of week and back to most of life. Distraction of these boards turned into a destruction of value for me not value add in any meaningful way it's very clear.
Don't let the door hit you in your ass on the way out. Have a wonderful day.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“We need an independent commission to compare what was in the PDB with what Trump was regularly telling the public to include his often parroting President Xi. This report suggests a total dereliction of any POTUS’s first job: to protect the American people.”

Brett McGurk
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

I don't know how you boys live in blue states.

Red states opening up, as they should. I get NY, NJ, and IL, but the rest seem perfectly fine. Not entirely sure what the Democrat fascination is with totalitarian control of people and business and their demand that everyone stay home and inside. Get outside and breathe real oxygen, develop your immune system. The only expert of you is you, not some disassociated politician who is angling for votes, money, and power.

Anyway, me too, I am also almost done with the board, not because I have not learned (I have!), but because my company is back to work. We are expecting to be back on the road (traveling) no later than May 11th, but mostly re-opened May 4th, Monday baby!

American capitalism is the cure for all of your ailments.

Back to work!!!!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/27/politics ... index.html
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:15 am I don't know how you boys live in blue states.

Red states opening up, as they should. I get NY, NJ, and IL, but the rest seem perfectly fine. Not entirely sure what the Democrat fascination is with totalitarian control of people and business and their demand that everyone stay home and inside. Get outside and breathe real oxygen, develop your immune system. The only expert of you is you, not some disassociated politician who is angling for votes, money, and power.

Anyway, me too, I am also almost done with the board, not because I have not learned (I have!), but because my company is back to work. We are expecting to be back on the road (traveling) no later than May 11th, but mostly re-opened May 4th, Monday baby!

Back to work!!!!

Good for you PB. I can't wait to get back to work as well. I never realized i was such a lightening rod for the hate mongers among us. :D
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

For all those Dems and others on here blaming Trump. It’s pathetic and embarrassing. What were the Dems doing while Trump and his team were game planning how to handle this? Jamming a sham impeachment down America’s throat that didn’t do anything! He still is your President. Here’s some facts about the virus:

U.S. population: 328,000,000

France/Germany/Italy/U.K./Spain population: 324,000,000

Coronavirus cases:

-U.S.: 1,010,507
-F/G/I/UK/S: 910,585

Coronavirus deaths:

-U.S.: 56,803
-F/G/I/UK/S: 101,009

Source: Johns Hopkins University & Medicine Coronavirus Resource Center

Initial reports said over 2.2 million Americans would perish! One can argue then that Trump has saved millions of American lives from the Chinese virus (bio weapon).
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

farfromgeneva wrote:
It's fine, I'm done with morons here. Complete waste of time, will be back home by end of week and back to most of life. Distraction of these boards turned into a destruction of value for me not value add in any meaningful way it's very clear.
Really hope you reconsider. I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds your contributions very valuable.
Placing several of the usual suspects on "Ignore" enhances the experience here tremendously.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:05 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:15 am I don't know how you boys live in blue states.

Back to work!!!!

Good for you PB. I can't wait to get back to work as well. I never realized i was such a lightening rod for the hate mongers among us. :D

It's everlastingly interesting to see people who claim to be empathetic to the common man, to actually do everything in their power to deny that man his right to work. And don't believe the bs about health; they want the economy to seize, full stop.

The country is opening back up regardless how much they scream. New York City will be (unfortunately) last, but that's the nature of a densely packed city that relies mostly on public transportation.

On a very serious note, I can not imagine NYC escaping this pandemic without a massive hit to real estate values.

https://ny.curbed.com/2020/3/10/2117341 ... s-covid-19
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Was listening to a report on the possibility or perhaps likelihood of college students choosing to not return to class next fall or take a year off until things settle down. I’m thinking that if I were an incoming freshman or sophomore I would be inclined to take a year off. Tough decisions and tough times for colleges, especially those that are already struggling.

Return to “POLITICS”